Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Your point was pretty stupid. Blizzard was a company that was releasing hit after hit back then, and turning Warcraft into an MMO felt like an amazing choice that wow'd everyone.

The situation now is very different. There's no innovation. It's something a small indie mobile game company would push out. The only purpose of this game is to purely generate revenue. It's not a game you can expect of one of the best developers in the world; they obviously aren't anymore since this is all they can do.

Yes, what I want is irrelevant to Blizzard, I never said it wasn't. That's why I'm not planning to play this game. Great job saying facts and presenting them as interesting points, though. Not really saying anything here in your posts.
    If you want innovation and something cool & exciting, dont look towards Blizzard or any other big gaming org(EA, Ubisoft++). What you see is what you get. Ubisoft can keep shelling out AC games to the end of days and it will probably still do decent sale numbers. AC was awesome and fresh when it first launched, a decade later? More or less the same except it looks prettier and a few cool storylines. Beyond that, its nothing wild.

It is how it is with these giant orgs. They dont need to innovate, they need to increase revenue. Thats where the priority lies and when you are that point the innovation, desire and geniune passion to build something great dwindles.

Not to say Blizzard devs of today dont have desire & passion for the games, but the main focus here is greater revenue every year as we have seen the choices they have taken for many years now.

Blizzard of today could never create the warcraft world from the ground up, atleast not as we know it. Just look how they treat it today(Warcraft reforge anyone?).

When it comes to this mobile game, it is what it is. Mobile gaming is a HUGE market and from a financial point of view this makes perfect sense. Millions will play it and throw money at it. Low cost to produce, high income. They can keep building on this and start selling merchs to the younger generation that will experience the warcraft franchise for the very first time via this game. And yes, thats sort of sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't see any mention -- f2p?

this reminded me of how much I miss angry birds RPG. not because it reminds me of it but just because of how much I liked it. of course I only discovered it after it had already been deactivated because it's still available on amazon devices.

I'm tempted to download the trailer and extract all of the frames after "over 60 heroes to collect" to see how many can be made.

if it's f2p I'll probably give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkerbo View Post
    How long do you think it will be before they put the minis in the toyshop?
    As of now Blizzard isnt planning on selling minis, they said so. Kind of weird tbh, they would sell alot of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Royru View Post
    Idk how old you are but it’s pretty easy to see who the target for this is, and it’s not people over 25…

Just like other mobile games it’s target toward kids who grew up with iPads in the house
    Seven year old me would have maybe been receptive to this but eight year old me would've felt patronised.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I love how people call it a turd before even seeing the game itself. Also, it is fine if you do not like it, but insulting those that do like it just makes you look elitist.
    Maybe people would be able to give a more objective opinion if they showed more than three seconds of gameplay footage in a go.

Looking at the footage this screams P2W micro transactions. Not sure if that’s what any of us want but it’s clear that I am no longer their target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Blizzard of today could never create the warcraft world from the ground up, atleast not as we know it. Just look how they treat it today(Warcraft reforge anyone?).
    I wish they would have let the artists they put on this mobile game work on Reforged. They would've been able to bring Warcraft's style into this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    I wish they would have let the artists they put on this mobile game work on Reforged. They would've been able to bring Warcraft's style into this decade.
    You are probably correct. What they did to Warcraft 3 Reforged was horrendous and the sheer fact they actually released it is beyond me. I genuinly believe that many blizzard devs are embarassed that the game is on the launcher, atleast they should be.

I wouldnt recommend that game to anyone. Rather go for the old versions, they hare more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Goes hand in hand with their upcoming "adult" cash grab (aka WoW expansion #9). If you want a gaming company that dares to take a risk on new and imaginative games then Blizzard isn't it. They established their IP's ages ago and have spent the past couple of decades just milking them.
    100% agree.

It's fine that they did a children mobile game, but why the big fuss about it?
    Announcements and reveals and all the bullshit .. I doubt the 5-10 years old kids are following Blizzard news around in the hopes that they get a cute little game.

Also .. made the mistake of watching those devs reveal ... what has been seen cannot be unseen ... wtf
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-05-04 at 07:17 AM.

Gross, just like HotS Blizzard comes late to the genre with nothing unique to offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Gross, just like HotS Blizzard comes late to the genre with nothing unique to offer...
    HotS is innovative. It's indeed a little too late but every couple of days there's a League player writing an essay on the subreddit about how they wished they'd give this a try sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Well, HotS let's basically everyone enjoy a moba, since you don't really need to remember how to build, learn how to lasthit and whatnot, but just... pick a hero, pick whatever talent you think sounds cool and not be an absolute anchor that drags the team down cause you do 0 dmg with 0 tankiness cause you built complete crap items.
    But mobile games... this game has probably already been done a thousand times, just in spanish alone or something.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    As of now Blizzard isnt planning on selling minis, they said so. Kind of weird tbh, they would sell alot of those.
    They would get into a lot of trouble with Games Workshop if they'd try that. Probably not worth it for them.

Is not my type of game (or platform), but i see nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    They would get into a lot of trouble with Games Workshop if they'd try that. Probably not worth it for them.
    I mean why..yes Warcraft is based on Warhammer they don't exactly own the patent on orc figurines

Oh no. Why. Ah, well, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Besides Diablo Immortal (net ease), when else have they done this???
    They've never done this. The only "evidence" people use is Netease has another ARPG with a similar UI that every mobile ARPG uses. Considering i've read accounts online from people who've played both that say they don't feel the same, I'd say this DI isn't a reskin. It may use the same engine, but it's not a reskin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Welcome to Blizzard, where we used to innovate, but now, we just copy what's popular, put on a coat of Blizzard paint (TM) and sell it to our dum... errr, I mean... DEVOTED fanboys, who would litterally buy a piece of fresh turd if we slapped a Blizzard sticker on it!
    Outside of the original Diablo, When have they ever innovated? They were know for taking genres they loved and making them accessible to the masses. They have never innovated.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Of course not. Games Workshop holds no copyright to any generic fantasy creatures. You should see how close all the third-party 3D printing companies are able to get to GW's IP without triggering lawsuits.

Games Workshop's response is to come up with very specific concepts and naming conventions that allow them to regain some of their intellectual property again. But for most part, both fantasy and sci-fi tropes are pretty much public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    We lost Warcraft 4 to this.
    You lost WC4 to WoW. Anyone actually thinking WC4 is ever going to be made while WoW is still around is a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    All the people bitching about art style don't realize this is the end result of Blizzard's decade long art reform. You are blind if your didn't see this coming with Overwatch. Anybody that has ever praised Blizzard for their cartooney art style had a hand in encouraging this.
    It has been cartoony since Wc3.
    Error 404 - Signature not found