Flight simulators

Anyone play or use these?

I use one called X plane 11.55.

Of course i find short regional flights that are like 1 hour more satisfying than like a 10 hour flight from Los Angeles California to Atlanta Georgia in the flight sim.

airquake 1 used to be the best one to go into.
    fastpaced air combat.

You want DCS in terms of flight simulation as opposed to flight themed action games. Buy in in terms of gear and modules are steep tough.
    That said, you have high fidelity simulations of the F-14, F-16, F-18, Apache, Hind, Viggen, Mirage 2000, F-5E, MiG 21 and more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post

Of course i find short regional flights that are like 1 hour more satisfying than like a 10 hour flight from Los Angeles California to Atlanta Georgia in the flight sim.
    Agreed. I don't understand why people will program an autopilot and then sit there for 10 hours watching clouds.

I have a full set-up; yoke, throttle quadrant, rudder pedals, various switch panels.
    I used to have a VR headset but i found that using VR made using the other peripherals almost impossible, and it felt like a waste.

I use XPlane 11 as well. Can't wait for 12.

Microsoft Flight Simulator is a great video game, but it is a dogshit flight sim. XP12 will be worth the wait.

Used to play a lot of Combat Flight Sim 2 a long time ago, these days it's mostly War Thunder Sim mode or messing about in Arma 3 for my flying thrills.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I used to have a VR headset but i found that using VR made using the other peripherals almost impossible, and it felt like a waste.
    Been thinking about getting a VR headset, hadn't really considered the disconnect between controls. I assume its not so bad if you haven't got switch panels etc, just a stick and throttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Used to play a lot of Combat Flight Sim 2 a long time ago, these days it's mostly War Thunder Sim mode or messing about in Arma 3 for my flying thrills.

Been thinking about getting a VR headset, hadn't really considered the disconnect between controls. I assume its not so bad if you haven't got switch panels etc, just a stick and throttle?
    also played a long time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post

I've used VR for simracing and that was a bit of an adjustment and you barely move. Losing the peripheral view of the steering wheel and the in game representation not a 1:1 is a bit disorienting.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post

its very interesting