Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How to make Evoker available for all races easily

So we already know dragons can take the shape of humans, night elves, blood elves, gnomes and probably all possible races.

It makes sense for Dracthyr to have this ability as well, or at least be able to learn it. This opens up the Evoker class to all races:

- After the Dracthyr starting zone you're given the choice to go undercover with any of the playable races, to learn more about them.
    - You learn the race abilities of your chosen race - maybe in a short training questline
    - but it comes at a cost! You can't use your Dracthyr race abilities anymore, because then you'll reveal your secret!
    - You tell your new friends that you learned the Evoker ways by living with the Dracthyr Jane-Goodall-style.

... and Boom! You're an Evoker of your chosen race ... basically

10+ Year Old Account
    The Evoker class has inherently draconic abilities as well. It's not just the racial abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a janky solution. Wouldn't it be easier to wait for the ability to be an Evoker of any race post Dragonflight? The story has been told, and the space between Dragonflight and 11.0 is where the various races learn to be Evokers? The tip of the hat to the whole Class Trainer thing?

Or maybe its just fine for hero classes to be so thematically rich that they have these kind of limitations which enhance that richness, and we concern ourselves with the normal classes being available for all races.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The idea seems to be to give them racials that help balance the class rather then trying to balance racial creep.

Letting tauren be rogues for examples is going to passively buff rogue/mage teams in arena by letting the rogue keep someone stunned a second longer with stomp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Make all core races options for visage form

Now you have all races as Evoker

No need to change racials

Easily done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Or maybe its just fine for hero classes to be so thematically rich .
    ah yes, sure, they are so rich

As we learn the origin of Dracthyr over the course of the expansion, I'm sure they could open up to more lore shenanigans involving transference of powers to mortal races and unravel the secrets of how Deathwing managed it.

But I think Blizzard isn't interested in exploring that at all since opening up Evokers to more races involves work that they probably don't care to expand on any time soon. They're already holding off on expanding the existing class/race comboes that require more art, like Druids, Shamans and Paladins.

Or maybe its just fine for hero classes to be so thematically rich that they have these kind of limitations which enhance that richness, and we concern ourselves with the normal classes being available for all races.
    Hahahahaha this is the good shit that I come to MMO-C for

Without knowing how much work would actually be involved to do this, wouldn't the better option be to just create 'spectral' versions of wings and dragon maw to perform the animations? Similar to how DH's Infernal Strike shows off metamorphosis or a Fire Mage's Dragon Breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post

ah yes, sure, they are so rich
    Objectively, they are. Death Knight, Demon Hunter, and Evoker are all much more thematically focused than the regular classes. Blizzard hasn't made the Hero Class designation for no reason. It indicates a tighter thematic focus than standard classes. To deny this distinction just because it gets in the way of your preferences is dishonest.
    -ynnady

Many of the apparent class abilities require attributes that only the Dracthyr have, such as wings and the ability to breathe fire.

Using those draconic attributes for those abilities is part of the class fantasy, even if you could somehow feasibly recreate the effects with magic.

As much as I might like the new class to be available to other races, I'm totally fine with it being locked to the Dracthyr.

I just see it as similar to Demon Hunters, which I see kind of as their own race not as a Blood Elf or Night Elf that happens to be a Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Many of the apparent class abilities require attributes that only the Dracthyr have, such as wings and the ability to breathe fire.

Using those draconic attributes for those abilities is part of the class fantasy, even if you could somehow feasibly recreate the effects with magic.

As much as I might like the new class to be available to other races, I'm totally fine with it being locked to the Dracthyr.

I just see it as similar to Demon Hunters, which I see kind of as their own race not as a Blood Elf or Night Elf that happens to be a Demon Hunter.
    Why not just:

plus

Suddenly everyone can be an Evoker

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Why not just:

plus

Because the theme of the class isn't "Guy with dragon powers". The theme of the class is "Dragon with dragon powers".
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just:

plus

That's more in line with Dragonsworn. Thankfully Blizzard went with playable dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DietzThought View Post
    So we already know dragons can take the shape of humans, night elves, blood elves, gnomes and probably all possible races.

It makes sense for Dracthyr to have this ability as well, or at least be able to learn it. This opens up the Evoker class to all races:

- After the Dracthyr starting zone you're given the choice to go undercover with any of the playable races, to learn more about them.
    - You learn the race abilities of your chosen race - maybe in a short training questline
    - but it comes at a cost! You can't use your Dracthyr race abilities anymore, because then you'll reveal your secret!
    - You tell your new friends that you learned the Evoker ways by living with the Dracthyr Jane-Goodall-style.

... and Boom! You're an Evoker of your chosen race ... basically
    But.. The Evoker is formed, created within the said race, giving them access to the potential of the other flights within the created race? I mean, that is their lore. Evoker is even way less likely than a Tauren Demon Hunter. Heck, us manipulating magic is most likely the closest we get to draconic magic.

Though the other way around is doable, letting the Dracthyr learn other classes, heck, it is weird that said race doesn't know how to get angry and swing a sword (Warrior) which is the most common class and one of the most primal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Why not just:

plus

Because that's not what Blizzard wants. That's not their vision for it.

Because the theme of the class isn't "Guy with dragon powers". The theme of the class is "Dragon with dragon powers".
    ^This

Open up base races to Visage form and eventually allow dracthyr more class options

Then why did we get "Guy with scalie fursona with Dragon powers"

10+ Year Old Account
    Have they confirmed it’s a hero class? They may as well with its restrictions. The label fits classes unique to WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Make all core races options for visage form

Now you have all races as Evoker

No need to change racials...
    Yeah, that has been mentioned before... but would it lock you into that race or could you change your illusionary form at the barbershop? How is that fair to other classes? Are you really suggesting that they throw all that hard work into the barbershop and let people change all willy-nilly? How can they sell race changes... don't get me wrong... I agree with the spirit of the idea but it's unlikely to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.