Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    RDF should be in, since it was implemented in WotLK. However it should be introduced in the corresponding phase that also introduces ICC, as it is the closest to the historical patch where it was implemented back then.
    yeah, seriously, this. #nochanges right? it's how it was, and everyone liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    actualy around half of wraths lifespan had rdf
    Only because ICC lasted so damn long since Blizzard wished to give everyone a chance at killing the Lich King.

- - - Updated - - -

On a serious note, I think RDF could be added when ICC launches, as that is when it was added originally.

Use the custom group finder beforehand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I reckon they'll just add it with ICC.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think cross realm is the bigger issue. If dungeon finder was limited to people from your realm only it wouldn't be a big deal. Would still suck for dead realms though.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    I think cross realm is the bigger issue. If dungeon finder was limited to people from your realm only it wouldn't be a big deal. Would still suck for dead realms though.
    LFD is implemented from the start. The first 10 mins of your queue, it only looks for other players on your realm. If the queue lasts too long, it opens it up to cross-realm players as well to speed it up. Server communities are maintained, LFD players get their convenience, anti-LFD players get their compromise. Everyone should be happy.

They already use tech like this for Chromie Time dungeons on retail. If you queue for TBC dungeons, for example, and it takes too long, it will ask if you want to open the queue to all dungeons from all expansions.

now... I do not remember whether they added cross server group finder in wrath or later. but I do remember that when they originally added it in wrath, it was server only (to the point where a bunch of us in guild grouped up to run a dungeon, and we just needed a tank, so we popped into groupfinder.... only to get a fifth guildy. we did we not manage to get him via guild chat, I honestly don't remember, he may have logged in after we formed our group or something like that, but in the end it ended up being full guild group anyway), so while it sped up group formation it did NOT make the kind of dent in community building that retail version of group finder does.

group finder existence is not the problem. group finder negating any point of playing on a specific server - was a problem. at least IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    now... I do not remember whether they added cross server group finder in wrath or later. but I do remember that when they originally added it in wrath, it was server only (to the point where a bunch of us in guild grouped up to run a dungeon, and we just needed a tank, so we popped into groupfinder.... only to get a fifth guildy. we did we not manage to get him via guild chat, I honestly don't remember, he may have logged in after we formed our group or something like that, but in the end it ended up being full guild group anyway), so while it sped up group formation it did NOT make the kind of dent in community building that retail version of group finder does.

group finder existence is not the problem. group finder negating any point of playing on a specific server - was a problem. at least IMO
    I know this is a common misconception and I have no idea why but it was never server only. When it came out it was limited to everyone in your battlegroup only. Like bgs

Group finder is fine. What it evolved into? Yeah, we can probably point to a few problems that arose there. Que and find groups really started with BGs and no one seems to have a big issue with that. 5 mans is pretty much the same boat in my opinion. As in BGs are kind of casual PVP content and 5 mans are kind of casual PVE content for the most part. Once you started tossing in raids, scenarios, islands, battle fronts, along with BGs and 5 mans then it became a game of quecraft. Just tons of (high encouraged to do activities) hidden behind a que. But a daily or random go do a 5 man or a daily BG is great. Or if no one is around and you want to run some dungeons its there for the taking. Its really easy if you want to run with your guild to just do it without the que. Or if you and the boys want to do a world tour to run with it. Then if you say well we know once people get it they stop doing that because its simply better then.. well.. we answered the question of how people really want to do it.. with the path of least resistance and its as pretty open and shut case on what the people prefer.

As for all this server community crap. Seriously? I know my guild of people. I know a handful of people outside of the guild well. I know of like another handful or two of people I would recognized in any meaningful way. The rest are just as faceless and meaningless as anyone I meet in RDF. That isn't a bad thing. I live in a condo building complex in the RL and don't know everyone that lives in the whole complex either. It is actually pretty normal. When I go to the store I don't really care if its only people that live in my condo complex that shop there or not. Its ok. We are there just to shop. Get some groceries or whatever. Just like people going to run a 5 man. Where people lay their heads don't really make the store better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynx View Post
    On Ghennas, the most populated horde server on TBC classic, it took me 1h to find a tank for BFD, while I was leveling a shamy 2 weeks ago.
    The experience of getting a group together is horrifying on classic.
    Okey.

Thats.

Just sad imho that should never ever be a situation becoming real on a very high pop server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Then play vanilla and TBC, not Wrath onwards?
    Just play Retail like i said...

Gosh.

If you do not have time to make a group yourself from square zero via Public Channels ala how it was over a decade ago, Classic is not for you. Play Retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    So you are saying Retail players consist only of Casuals, right ?

ps : no, you are so wrong, no need to answer.
    No i am not, you are dumb or you don't even think before you wrote back to me. I am just saying if you have very limited time, then Retail is there for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    To be against the dungeon finder is to be against easier access to group content in a multiplayer game...
    To be in favor of dungeon finder is to be against a robust server community in a community based game. Now, I don't actually agree with that argument, but it has as much merit as yours does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Then maybe it's because your server has very little amount of players and thats why it takes forever for you to get a full group

Which is why people want cross realm LFD, to have more people to play with and make the world feel less empty/dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    With a majority of people playing on mega servers, anonymity is already a thing. There's 20 servers worth of people playing on Faerlina, Benediction, and Firemaw. Even if it's server-specific, you're still never going to see 90% of those people ever again. There's just too many people and too much layering for it to matter.

This is why I don't buy the argument that it "kills the community" by making people anonymous: people are already anonymous, and the playerbase chose for it to be this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    I am just saying if you have very limited time, then Retail is there for you.
    Ironically retail took significantly more time investment than Classic up until the most recent patch. It just wasn't time spent doing literally nothing, unlike spamming for groups in TBC.
    Last edited by Marxman; 2022-05-08 at 02:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Have you considered that Classic is made for people who like Classic?
    LFD is part of classic. I know because i played it lmao

Not having LFD is a big minus. Im sure they'll do 180° and add it sooner or later in WotLK Classic, even before ICC patch.

Its a diffcult one. On the one hand, we want a community driven game. At the same time, its VERY convenient to queue up for dungeons while running around doing quests, dailys, farming stuff+++.

I think alot of those that are against RDF are "gatekeepers" in the sense that they "own" the so called "truth" about what a MMORPG should entail. This was fine for classic & BC, but it gets troublesome in WotLK(with RDF) & onwards. Why? cause it was then alot of controversial things started to happen with the game. Many say the game changed for good in late Wotlk and certainly in cata. Maybe people dont want to go down that route again?

Its funny when alot of people have advocated for #nochanges in classic & BC, but when WotLK comes around there should be changes; remove RDF. Thats a huge change right there.

I think not having RDF will hurt most for those leveling 1-70. Its hard getting grps for dungeons during leveling. For the 70+ crowd its going to be easy enough.

I certainly hope that most people remember that WotLK HC dungeons are piss easy so forming groups go fast.

Alot of the people that wanted classic back probably think of the RDF feature as "crossing the line" of wow before & after it was implemented.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    People who are in the NoLFG camp for "social stuff" are bullshitting themselves.

I love WotLK, i remember the annoyance of many bosses and trash packs in Normal and Heroic dungeons, and how bad most players are, and I DONT WANT to add another hour of the time to find the people in chat, then gather together, just for some of them turning out to be unable to even pull the first pack in Utgard Keep without pullin the whole hall of mobs and wipe, and then have someone to leave.

You are bullshitting yourself advocating for NoLFG because of social part. There will be no positive social activity in ClassicWotLK outside premade groups, and there is no difference, do they use LFG or fly to dungeon manually, for such premade groups.

You are just childishly want to waste time with no pros of it because well you are childishly dumb. Its not Vanilla with its "adventure vibe". WotLK was designed to be completely theme park game.

So yeah, LFG should be in Classic WotLK so everyone could enjoy the actual GOOD parts of the classic WotlK (NoLFG wasnt good part).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimabob View Post
    Classic apologists will never admit that the players are the problem and that not everything is the game or Blizzard's fault. People want more barriers to other people succeeding at the game, their ego can’t take that hit.

Classic WoW is hugely about flossing on people with your accomplishments and gear. The more people get to do that the less special it is.

Spamming trade chat with"LF TANK!!" is such an amazing experience and when the guy leaves mid run, you have hearthstone back to the main city and look for a person again.

People need to realize this is 2022, people want easier accessibility.

I definitely agree with players being the issue, but that's why wotlk has dualspec. If you can find 5 ppl without ability to heal or tank, that's something nobody can fix. If you can't negotiate well enough with 1000 other players on your faction to find 5 ppl cooperating on some dungeon, do you honestly want to blame someone else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    People who are in the NoLFG camp for "social stuff" are bullshitting themselves.

I love WotLK, i remember the annoyance of many bosses and trash packs in Normal and Heroic dungeons, and how bad most players are, and I DONT WANT to add another hour of the time to find the people in chat, then gather together, just for some of them turning out to be unable to even pull the first pack in Utgard Keep without pullin the whole hall of mobs and wipe, and then have someone to leave.
    I think you have misunderstood the concept of mmo games. You don't need to find players through chat if you have learned to make friends. Wow has been around 10 years and you still haven't learned how to make friends ingame? Dude, are you serious? I mean, if you need match-making to find people to play with, I have pretty bad news for you.

You are bullshitting yourself advocating for NoLFG because of social part. There will be no positive social activity in ClassicWotLK outside premade groups, and there is no difference, do they use LFG or fly to dungeon manually, for such premade groups.
    Wow, so you hate being social because there's "no positive social activity"? Sounds like you are not very nice person to be around huh?

You are just childishly want to waste time with no pros of it because well you are childishly dumb. Its not Vanilla with its "adventure vibe". WotLK was designed to be completely theme park game.

So yeah, LFG should be in Classic WotLK so everyone could enjoy the actual GOOD parts of the classic WotlK (NoLFG wasnt good part).
    This might be shocking for you, but playing video games is literally waste of time meant for little kids who have no responsibilities in real life. If you are looking for some adult action, why not have kids, start a business and pay extra taxes or something? I mean, I'm way over 30 and my pals have limited time to play this game, but we still appreciate every hour we put in to this game.

It seems you are frustrated, impatient and angry because you haven't learned the social aspect of this game. I know there are good and bad players playing this game, but if you seriously hate other people, why do you even play multiplayer games? Your behavior literally makes no sense for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm a die-hard Classic fan, and firmly in the #NoChanges club. Because of this, I would be hugely disappointed if they proceed with leaving the dungeon finder out of Wrath.

So you'd like it to be implemented after LK is down for 3 months?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    actualy around half of wraths lifespan had rdf
    last patch, and by that time we already outgear all usual dungeons that be it LFG or not u still faceroll them
    does anyone remember that back in wrath start, when blizz was still tracking mobs statics, Loken was most killer NPC? (for ppl who claim wrath hcs were faceroll from start)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    LFD did not destroy the social aspect of WoW, ppl who dont want to be social will do the bare min anyway and noone cares about dungeons you can mostly face roll through, only the ICC dungeons were a little harder for the average player.
    and Loken was most killer npc because ppl facerolled him.... to gy mostly
    no, what killed wow social was the fact that players turned to random ppl by LFG, in TBC an entire guild on my server was destroyed because one of their officers ninja an item, guild refused to punish him, and as result entire server blacklist them, causing members to leave guild, the ninja to at least change toon
    u can't do that now, heck for most players they don't know even which guilds are top on their server
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Entirely excluding the Dungeon Finder out of Wrath is going to be a mistake. There ought to be a compromise. At the very least, allow it to exist for Vanilla/TBC dungeons to enhance the levelling experience. Allow the smoothest possible transition from 1-70 so that if people don’t want to buy a boost, they can queue for a dungeon and quest while they wait.