CPU Usage - Ryzen 5900x

Recently built a new computer with AMD Ryzen 5900x, 16gb DDR 4000mhz RAM and a 2070Super.

I've noticed that this CPU is quite good upgrade over an intel 6800k in terms of streaming which I do a lot.

So far I've tested a lot of games from Shadow of the Tomb Raider, WoW, Halo Infinite and Batman Arkham Knight none of which have given me any issues so far. However tonight I tried to stream Halo Infinite with Xplsit and noticed that my CPU shot up to 100% usage just sitting in a menu/lobby.

https://imgur.com/a/WxsqUe5

I did some experimenting and found that when I have the FPS uncapped in-game, that's what causes the 100% usage. When I set it to limit to 60FPS then I don't have that issue and can stream at around 55-70% usage at 1080p/60. Temps seem to hover around 65-70c so I don't think heat is an issue. Even getting it down to around 70 under load I was experiencing dips

Is this normal? I figured I'd be using less CPU with 12 cores available. Anyone else familiar with this or what I can optimize to get better performance while streaming?
    Last edited by LCDArcade; 2022-05-10 at 04:59 AM.

For those of you out there who managed to get their hands on a powerful graphics card and are looking for an equally good CPU to complete your new gaming rig, the AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is a fantastic option.
    At the shorter end of the spectrum is AMD’s Ryzen 9 5950X. It is often built on the identical 500 series motherboards as all other previous generations of Ryzen CPUs, but it is a workstation that gives mainstream clothing.