Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You listed Middle age men and teenagers as examples of mental illnesses.......I would argue thats a lot of things i wont say here, and controversial is certainly one of them (and the tamest of the lot)
    Oh right, so teen angst and mid life crisis don't make people vulnerable at all. It's called adjustment disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Oh right, so teen angst and mid life crisis don't make people vulnerable at all. It's called adjustment disorder.
    Vulnerable to what.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    What i just don't get is why does everything have to be so retarded now days? Transgenders, 1-2% of the worldwide population. lgb is what. 10 or so percent worldwide?
    The 10% quote people throw around is from the 1940s. Considering the number of countries in the world where being either trans or gay gets you murdered without any hesitation (or punishment, as its mostly illegal in said countries) it is entirely pointless trying to look at a worldwide percentage for either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Vulnerable to what.
    To groomers.

love how wowhead just insta disabled comments, cannot even dare to let anyone comment on that wokie bs. the company cannot die fast enough, but accelerate, yes yes more

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Nah, walk away, your entire argument is an absolute shambles. You very clearly stated that trans people TARGET those with mental illnesses, then LISTED autism, being a teenager, and being a middle aged male as examples. You have made an absolute fool out of yourself and should just walk away - this only gets worse.

PS - you might want to look up a medical term before quoting it, as most of what is said about the disorder goes against your claim. In particular, it is a SHORT TERM emotional response to change, and is NOT considered a serious mental illness at all.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

For supposed minorities they sure saturate the western market with this tripe.

I'm all for representation, but not this forced tokenism falling flat on its face that merely exists as a checklist to tick off...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It looks to be the exact opposite, actually. A token character on this system displays very easily because their chart is skewed entirely in one direction, and your overall game chart is easy to read for token-ality, because you have a very low score (1 token character and 9 characters without that token feature would average to a very low score).

What it generates is in theory a very balanced cast of balanced characters. Because it doesn't say "we need an X characater next" (which again, will not help the average) but rather "we need more X representation in general" (which will balance the numbers).
    How I experience it as well, reading that post.

It is good to see diversity, but too artificial to see diversity for the sake of diversity by the demand of the masses. This system is sadly an invention from people trying to react positively in all the demands of the player base but panics midway because it isn't as easy to make it natural as artificial.

Just wish they were permitted to write whatever story they want and make characters for the story that they wish, without having to consult a chart that was made in an attempt to avoid causing an outcry from people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It's pretty weird and creepy, though I guess that's exactly what we get from a cult-like desire to pander and deflect.

I'm gay. I don't need every game to have a gay character front and centre in order to enjoy it, though. Nor do I enjoy seeing what is quite obviously little more than a blatant attempt to generally only champion 'visual' diversity as diversity.

Put an Irish, Polish, Scottish and Swedish guy in the same room who are all Caucasian and that's a whole lot of diversity right there.

I loathe being treated like a box on a list to fill in with a 'tick' to say that I'm present. It's just...so bizarre a mentality to me.
    What would Overwatch have other than "visual" diversity? It's a loot box shooter there is no story.

"You don't care about actual representation you only care about superficial representation" That still counts. If they need to gamify a way to stop their artists from designing 12 white dudes, that's a good thing. Getting mad about the ramifications on a story that doesn't exist is just really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    How I experience it as well, reading that post.

It is good to see diversity, but too artificial to see diversity for the sake of diversity by the demand of the masses. This system is sadly an invention from people trying to react positively in all the demands of the player base but panics midway because it isn't as easy to make it natural as artificial.

Just wish they were permitted to write whatever story they want and make characters for the story that they wish, without having to consult a chart that was made in an attempt to avoid causing an outcry from people.
    It always makes me think of coming of age / teen movies:

- Hot cheerleader - TICK
    - Fit Athletic sports captain whos actually a nice guy but hangs out with the jocks - TICK
    - The Jocks - TICK
    - The NERDS - TICK
    - The artsy / dark quiet girl - TICK
    - The New Kid - TICK
    - The black kid who hangs with the white kids - TICK
    - The clever Asian kid whos only there when they need him - TICK
    - The Secretly gay character - TICK

Obviously not every movie ticks every box, but so, SO many movies tick the majority of them.

Nah, walk away, your entire argument is an absolute shambles. You very clearly stated that trans people TARGET those with mental illnesses.
    Target is probably a bad word. I think it's more like people shooting shotguns up into the air and not caring when some of the pellets end up hitting vulnerable people. Then when those people get hit, of course they get all sorts of attention to "help them" by a lot of people who are completely unqualified to help anyone, and these people actively assault anyone who tries to help in a way that they don't approve of.

10+ Year Old Account
    It always makes me think of coming of age / teen movies:

- Hot cheerleader - TICK
    - Fit Athletic sports captain whos actually a nice guy but hangs out with the jocks - TICK
    - The Jocks - TICK
    - The NERDS - TICK
    - The artsy / dark quiet girl - TICK
    - The New Kid - TICK
    - The black kid who hangs with the white kids - TICK
    - The clever Asian kid whos only there when they need him - TICK
    - The Secretly gay character - TICK

Obviously not every movie ticks every box, but so, SO many movies tick the majority of them.
    It is sad but it is a tool that is generated out of the demand and outcry of fans. This is proof that monsters can be created by demanding more and more, in the end, someone is going to put too much on the pile, and it'll tilt - which we see now. I just truly hope (as I can't see it in the text) that the chart is just a reference tool and not a mandatory tool.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    i love the lack of actual reading, this was a tool made by king, not activision, not blizzard, simply using overwatch as an example as it is a cast of diverse charecters they have right to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnaroo View Post
    You can’t make this shit up
    except people have funnily enough cause its not what people are trying to make it out to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    This is a huge step forward for humanity.
    One small step for man. One giant leap for mankind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you're huffing some weapons grade hopium saying that, it's been a well documented fact that no game development company has managed to make a compelling game that appeals to everyone while maintaining their box ticking agendas.
    lol that is a MASSIVE fucking claim, have you got some MASSIVE fucking evidance to support that?

Cause i can name a few that have, undertale/deltarune, smash brothers, ff14
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    When Overwatch first came out all of the characters had backstories and then lore comics started coming out. Tracer's comic happens to involve her girlfriend. I get that for you, that's very upsetting because you assumed she was straight and were busy treating her as waifubait, but that doesn't mean she was forced to be gay. Was Ana forced to be straight when she was established as Pharah's mom?

So weird how you're not complaining about Torbjorn being forced to be heterosexual. None of the characters had a sexuality right? They just pushed that onto him! Where's your seething rant about them giving him a wife? No bitching and screaming about how Widow's story involves her husband, eh? How strange, your anger over characters being given a sexuality and partner in supplemental media only seems to extend to the gay characters.

But I mean your cLoSesT fRieNdS are tOtaLly gAy, so there's no way you could be upset about characters being gay.
    the dude is a major clown,also im always amazed by obvious bigots trying to make up all these imaginary gay friends lol,where did he even find that many gay dudes?i think hes admiting a bit to much...ted haggard style

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    you're huffing some weapons grade hopium saying that, it's been a well documented fact that no game development company has managed to make a compelling game that appeals to everyone while maintaining their box ticking agendas.
    Link some of these well known documented examples. Ill wait, but i dont think i should hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol that is a MASSIVE fucking claim, have you got some MASSIVE fucking evidance to support that?

Cause i can name a few that have, undertale/deltarune, smash brothers, ff14
    I don't like Undertale, Smash Bros, or FF14. His claim is actually smartly written because it is that you can't make a game that appeals to everyone while doing the box ticking agenda. The truth is probably closer that you just can't make a game that appeals to everyone, especially if you have a box ticking agenda.

Nah, walk away, your entire argument is an absolute shambles. You very clearly stated that trans people TARGET those with mental illnesses, then LISTED autism, being a teenager, and being a middle aged male as examples. You have made an absolute fool out of yourself and should just walk away - this only gets worse.

PS - you might want to look up a medical term before quoting it, as most of what is said about the disorder goes against your claim. In particular, it is a SHORT TERM emotional response to change, and is NOT considered a serious mental illness at all.
    Well, i was mentioning those because those are the largest groups affected. Adjustment disorder can be persistent. Your gotcha is a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I don't like Undertale, Smash Bros, or FF14. His claim is actually smartly written because it is that you can't make a game that appeals to everyone while doing the box ticking agenda. The truth is probably closer that you just can't make a game that appeals to everyone, especially if you have a box ticking agenda.
    or consider the "box ticking" is purely a means to an end, which is to drive attention away from your misdeeds. it's really funny to watch how much reactionaries have to make everything into a conspiracy to justify their reactionary attitudes.