Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Click accept? What kind of question is this "Oh im going to boot up the game, and close it again because i dont wanan click a simple box"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    Is this really different from any other Terms of Service legal nonsense?
    Not other than this contract includes some stuff (boosting, advertising etc) that arent clearly stated in the ToS, In the contract its pretty clear that ANY kind of advertising for stuff like boosts, gold selling etc, is not allowed.. and by accepting you accept that fact this should make it ALOT easier for blizz to actually get that chatbehaviour out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    Is this really different from any other Terms of Service legal nonsense?
    It is just the Terms of Service legal nonsense spelled out in English instead of Legalese.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    As it costs nobody anything to behave reasonably and keep silent if they haven't something non-negative to say, better to require that people remain civil.
    no you see it costs them the time and effort needed to create a hypothetical where they are already being hauled off to the stockades by the woke mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    Im really confused by two things - firstly, anyone who wants to play the game MUST accept it, so there is actually only one question to ask - will this change be what makes you quit wow" because there are no other options - click accept, or quit wow. And secondly, why is anyone clicking no? Like, why would you load the game to click no? If this is enough to make you quit (and i dont believe a single person who claims it is) then why would you update and load the game just to quit it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    As it costs nobody anything to behave reasonably and keep silent if they haven't something non-negative to say, better to require that people remain civil.
    Being civil and not saying anything negative are not the same thing though. You can be extremely negative about something while remaining civil, just like you can be extremely positive about something and be a total jerk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Good old accepting without reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Good old accepting without reading.
    This is something that amuses me quite frequently - ppl come here and lose their minds over something they SIGNED (accepted) when they made the purchase. Someone purchased SL, used the boost, then refunded the expansion and lost their mind that they couldnt keep the boosted toon. Obviously this person thought they had found a very clever "exploit" where they would get a free boost, but its actually just a classic case of clicking accept without reading. TWICE actually, since it tells you during the purchase what will happen if you try to refund, and it tells you again when you start the refund process.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Its not, its just that some gamers feel entitled to act anti-social and abusive in their online presence.
    ANd clicking that will not ban them from being anti-social in their online prescence. They can be as anti-social as they want.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ANd clicking that will not ban them from being anti-social in their online prescence. They can be as anti-social as they want.
    Can anyone confirm what actual tangible changes are being made? Obviously it talks about helping others etc, but that's really just some guidance about what is "nice" to do, but is not measurable or actionable in any way. At least to me, i dont see any actual changes.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Can anyone confirm what actual tangible changes are being made? Obviously it talks about helping others etc, but that's really just some guidance about what is "nice" to do, but is not measurable or actionable in any way. At least to me, i dont see any actual changes.
    It's just guidance. It also gives them stronger ground to immediately ban people for bad behavior. But they aren't going to ban you for being anti-social. That would require too much resources to enforce.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Lmao ok. Bye kid.

Did you miss the /s ?

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's just guidance. It also gives them stronger ground to immediately ban people for bad behavior. But they aren't going to ban you for being anti-social. That would require too much resources to enforce.
    So effectively nothing changes for the overwhelming majority of players? Thats how i read into it, but maybe i missed something. I guess its kind of like their anti "feeding" rules, which would NEVER be implemented against some dude with 3 hours playtime on his account playing in the lowest tier of content - sure, they COULD use it against them, but really its there to be used in extreme situations where someone is clearly throwing the match.

Thats how i read it anyway - noones getting banned for not grouping, or being antisocial, or just minding their own business, but as has always been the case, if you go out of your way to make another players experience worse, you are in for a ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Coming from the side of diversity and tolerance. Then you wonder why people call you out for being bigoted.

Edit: It's unendingly amusing to me how the side of tolerance and acceptance are the people who want to ban people from the game. I've never heard of an elitist jerk actually wanting other people to quit playing, they just don't want to play with the shitters. Maybe you can take a page from their book and just make use of the block function supplied to you to curate the kind of people you want to play with. Just a thought.
    Read up on "the paradox of tolerance." Tolerance ends at tolerance for intolerant people. That may be too complicated for your pea-sized brain to understand, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Lmao ok. Bye kid.
    Adding an "/s" at the end of a comment is used to signify the preceding comment was sarcastic, and not to be taken literally.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    every person who says this shit is 100% the type of person who thinks throwing slurs around is the end all be all of "I just don't think the same like the rest of you!"
    quite often harsh wording and or cruse words are the fastest and most efficient way to communicate, I could go on a 30 minute rant explaining exactly what is wrong with X and ways to fix it, or when you know you don't have the audience for it, or the time for it, you just call it fucking retarded and move on.

I could explain why the healer in raid sucked by breaking down his logs while talking to one of the other raiders, but thats quite a lot of effort compared to just calling him a spastic, when the person I am talking to is someone I know well, and maybe ill add on that his healing break down is trash.

the fact is sometimes this is done in a group setting, and people take offense on eachothers behalf, do I literally think he is retarded? no, Do I think he himself is trash? no. but it was simply the easier and faster way to communicate the issue with someone else.

When talking directly to the person, if it is someone being defensive or even lashing out themselves, you already know they won't listen or reflect on anything helpful you have to say, so why waste all that effort instead of just defaulting to calling him an idiot? insults, slurs, and curse words exist for a reason, they are not useless, and they are not inherently wrong to use either, but there is a fairly large group of people who are simply too stupid to understand that, and that is what I would refer to as the woke left. I can't speak for Zalraki though ^^

I'll just keep t bagging my victims in pvp.

What are they gonna do report me for emoting the sit emote?

Quote Originally Posted by letgoit View Post
    Read up on "the paradox of tolerance." Tolerance ends at tolerance for intolerant people. That may be too complicated for your pea-sized brain to understand, though.
    they unironically argue that "being against bigotry in fact makes you the bigot". not when it comes to tangible outcomes in the real world, but on text book definitions. literally a pedant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    Normal woke is someone who lives mostly on Twitter and projects their own judgmental intolerance on everyone who doesn't think exactly like them. The social justice is only a small part of it. They mostly just want to be right at everything they say.

Leftwing woke goes a step beyond normal by actively harassing and insulting those people they disagree with. There is only their side... or the enemy

This person, for example, is a leftwing woke extremist. One word of disagreement with whatever he thinks and I'm now the enemy of mankind according to his own small fantasy bubble.

This clarifies it better than a bland dictionary listing
    As if. You really aren't that important and you're making his point crystal clear. You, in that bubble of yours, can barely see past the bridge of your nose. You think that because someone has an opinion of people like you, it somehow grants you clout.

Get off the cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    quite often harsh wording and or cruse words are the fastest and most efficient way to communicate, I could go on a 30 minute rant explaining exactly what is wrong with X and ways to fix it, or when you know you don't have the audience for it, or the time for it, you just call it fucking retarded and move on.

I could explain why the healer in raid sucked by breaking down his logs while talking to one of the other raiders, but thats quite a lot of effort compared to just calling him a spastic, when the person I am talking to is someone I know well, and maybe ill add on that his healing break down is trash.

the fact is sometimes this is done in a group setting, and people take offense on eachothers behalf, do I literally think he is retarded? no, Do I think he himself is trash? no. but it was simply the easier and faster way to communicate the issue with someone else.

When talking directly to the person, if it is someone being defensive or even lashing out themselves, you already know they won't listen or reflect on anything helpful you have to say, so why waste all that effort instead of just defaulting to calling him an idiot? insults, slurs, and curse words exist for a reason, they are not useless, and they are not inherently wrong to use either, but there is a fairly large group of people who are simply too stupid to understand that, and that is what I would refer to as the woke left. I can't speak for Zalraki though ^^
    if you're in a group and someone gets mad and says some not particularly PC things, that's one thing, that's between the people involved. but that's not what the concern is, just the fact that a ToS/social contract exists upsets a certain mindset of people.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    As if. You really aren't that important and you're making his point crystal clear. You, in that bubble of yours, can barely see past the bridge of your nose. You think that because someone has an opinion of people like you, it somehow grants you clout.

Get off the cross.
    you just did exactly what the guy you called out did ROFL.