Poll: Raid boss you're happiest to do again?

Raid boss you're happiest to re-do in Season 4

I was gonna word this least favorite boss but figured Mythic Stone Legion Generals would win hands down. I might make another post for #2 most hated boss as I'm guessing it might be close between Sylvanas, Painsmith, or Kel'Thuzad.

Feel free to vote for your favorite in the poll

and

To hate on your least-favorite boss in the chat.

I for one wouldn't mind doing Denathrius again, he was challenging, I loved his voice acting, and the P2 and P3 is non-stop action. The fight does have a few weak spots as P1 lines and graphics issues and stopping DPS is kinda meh but overall I really enjoyed progressing on him. I loved Fatescribe Roh-Kalo too as he is IMO the boss whose strategy differs the most between a large and small raid.

As I didn't raid mythic the boss I want to do the least is probably Sludgefist. I pug almost exclusively and that fight on heroic is uniquely bad for pugging as the chains mechanic really led to a lot of bickering. It was tuned tight. It was actually a really great design IMO as the raid really needed to have good teamwork, and parsers that couldn't play nice with others were in serious danger of dying. However, that required teamwork is exactly what made it so hard to pug.

The fight I'd most like to see re-worked is Sylvanas Phase 2. I know it sounded like a great idea when they were brainstorming the fight...like hey man, what if we did a gigantic race through chains surrounding Oribos with all the major lore characters helping out and waves of minions attacking the raid!?!?!? Unfortunately the implementation was that there was enormous down time as we walked across chains for 20 seconds then for some reason the incredibly agile and fleeting Banshee Queen let us punch her in the face for 40 seconds straight. If the fight was re-done so Jaina zipped us across the chains by teleport and maybe Sylvanas was in the waves of adds and not a separate DPS section that fight could have been a lot better.

Looking at the 31 bosses there aren't any I hate as much as I did Mistress Sassz'ine in Tomb of Sargeras. Which probably has to do with how I only raided heroic this tier and mythic in Legion. Hungering Destroyer, Heroic SLG, The Nine, Remnant, Guardian of the First Ones were all pretty forgettable. Huntsman Altimor was interesting in that with great DPS he was a total joke but with bad DPS he became super hard. Kind of the same with Inerva, although if the anima tanks were done right she could be made pretty easy.

List of bosses:
    Castle Nathria:
    Shriekwing
    Huntsman Altimor
    Hungering Destroyer
    Artificer Xy'mox
    Sun King's Salvation / Kael'Thas (heal bombs)
    Lady Inerva Darkvein (Tanks of Anima)
    Council of Blood (Sashay Left)
    Sludgefist
    Stone Legion Generals
    Sire Denathrius

Sanctum of Domination:
    The Tarragrue (anima powers)
    Eye of the Jailer
    The Nine
    Remnant of Ner'zhul (Bombs left/right)
    Soulrender Dormazain (Garrosh's Torturer)
    Painsmith Raznal (spikes)
    Guardian of the First Ones (Patchwerk)
    Fatescribe Roh-Kalo (rings)
    Kel'thuzad
    Sylvanas Windrunner

Sepulcher of the First Ones:
    Vigilant Guardian
    Skolex
    Xy'mox
    Halondrus
    Desaugne
    Prototype Pantheon
    Lihuvim
    Anduin Wrynn
    Lords of Dread
    Rygelon
    The Jailer / Zovaal

Come to think of it, Sludgefist and Sire Denathrius are gonna be very different fights with Spirit Shell on a 90 second cooldown instead of 60...although I suppose with everyone in 4 pc it's not gonna matter much.
    Last edited by garicasha; 2022-05-16 at 01:03 PM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

i was never able to do mythic pain smith i always asked to sit on that boss as for 1 im happiest to redo that would probably be huntsman

10+ Year Old Account
    Fight i want to do again: Sire Denathrius
    Fight i don't want to do again: Stone Legion Generals