Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Umbrella Academy Season 3

I am looking forward to seeing Season 3 and where they take the series. Enjoyed the first two seasons.

"The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Thanks for the heads up. Its a good show to watch with the wife. Its fun and well made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, I been waiting for this
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Just give me more 5 and Klaus, honest could lose the rest of the family and would watch a show of those two. The kid that plays Five is fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Just give me more 5 and Klaus, honest could lose the rest of the family and would watch a show of those two. The kid that plays Five is fantastic.
    yeah 5 and Klaus are the MVP Imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get that she has motivation, and it's part of an arc that started last season, but Allison annoys.

It was an OK season. Hope we don't have to wait 2 more years for Season 4.

That was Umbrella Ben on the train at the end? Ooh, Umbrella Ben v Sparrow Ben...
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Really enjoyed the first season. Moderately enjoyed the second season. Heading very cautiously into the third season.

Watched the first 3 episodes, and I don't know how I feel really, like it wasn't bad, but it didn't hook me in like season 1/2 did so far. Think part of it is I am over Luthor and Deigo, and a lot of attention was on them so far. Doesn't help like others have said Alison has been flat for me too. Was excited for Klaus and 5s road trip but sadly that wasn't long enough.
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    For most of this season I was annoyed by Allison which for me was sad because I really liked her the last 2 seasons. When she went off on Viktor towards the end of the season I definitely got a better understanding of where she was coming from. I have to say early on in the season I was really annoyed that she called Patrick and she expected Claire to exist. Like ... you weren't famous, you were never a movie star, and you almost certainly never met Patrick and rumored him to marry you, so why would you expect Claire to exist? And how is it even Five didn't immediately tell her the same thing. I dunno why but that whole thing really bugged me lol.
    Yeah, I was a little irritated that she got a Scooby-Doo ending after trying to rumor-rape Luther and going on a "Y'all are selfish! What about meeeeeeee?!" rant.

Quit halfway thru S03E01. It wasn't that it was bad so much as it was just not a show I wanted to see. I hated the premise,

Finished season 3. I did enjoy it but I would say it's probably my least favorite season of the 3. I need to rewatch it because of the whole expectation vs reality thing though. I think they handled the Vanya/Viktor stuff well, better than I expected tbh.
    Agreed about Viktor, I honestly thought the smile on his face in some of the scenes had to be genuine rather than acted

First 2 epsiodes have been... ok but after that it picks up really fast.

People are annoyed at allison. But i understand her. Her daughter got deleted. That is innevitably going to fuck with your mind. On top you have a power you have to force yourself NOT to use despite it being able to change your life in every aspect.
    Also Allison was always a bit fucked up. Like it is heavily implied she rumored her ex husband into loving her.

Suprisingly few people complaine about viktor. Positivly suprised^^

Edit: CGI was a bit wonky. Especially everything concerning Number 1 of the sparrows.... his jump of of the bars on the roof.... horrible... you could almost see the cables.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2022-06-24 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    First 2 epsiodes have been... ok but after that it picks up really fast.

People are annoyed at allison. But i understand her. Her daughter got deleted. That is innevitably going to fuck with your mind. On top you have a power you have to force yourself NOT to use despite it being able to change your life in every aspect.
    Also Allison was always a bit fucked up. Like it is heavily implied she rumored her ex husband into loving her.

Suprisingly few people complaine about viktor. Positivly suprised^^

Edit: CGI was a bit wonky. Especially everything concerning Number 1 of the sparrows.... his jump of of the bars on the roof.... horrible... you could almost see the cables.
    Yeah they had several scenes where the green screen was badly obvious. Almost done with it now, and eh, still don't have strong feelings for season 3. Luthor and Viktor still very bland to me, Alison was okay, Diego was interesting for a bit but needs more time to develop I feel, and 5 + Klaus continue to carry the show hard.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Yeah they had several scenes where the green screen was badly obvious. Almost done with it now, and eh, still don't have strong feelings for season 3. Luthor and Viktor still very bland to me, Alison was okay, Diego was interesting for a bit but needs more time to develop I feel, and 5 + Klaus continue to carry the show hard.
    Agreed. Klaus is carying hard.

Too much plot in this season. The narrative did not focus enough on an interesting story. That made the overt elements of camp, comedy, and absurdity clash tonally with the central conflict. Felt like they really have a point after all.

I think this series is on its last legs. Barely anyone talked about it and the series is now kinda washed out culturally by Stranger Things.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-07-02 at 03:08 AM.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Yeah, I was a little irritated that she got a Scooby-Doo ending after trying to rumor-rape Luther and going on a "Y'all are selfish! What about meeeeeeee?!" rant.
    I mean, considering she made an arrangement with Reginald, that's probably the only reason why. She also didn't have her spores sucked out of her by the machine, so she may very well be the only powered one left. Which just makes the whole thing worse. Absolutely abysmal development of the character.

I m baffled that anyone was even excited fir this season after so. For me S2 made almost every character so unbelievably dumb that it just killed any investment I had in the plot.

1+ Year Old Account
    You mean a show where, since day one, every character was dumb had them being dumb in subsequent seasons? What are the chances?

Of the children, Five is literally the only person with a functioning brain on the show, and he has his own eccentric obsessions that keep him doing seemingly illogical things. The other kids, combined, barely have one. The closest would have been Vanya/Viktor, who's only the most emotionally intelligent amongst them; but still as dumb as a door nail like the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    I mean, considering she made an arrangement with Reginald, that's probably the only reason why. She also didn't have her spores sucked out of her by the machine, so she may very well be the only powered one left. Which just makes the whole thing worse. Absolutely abysmal development of the character.
    It's confounding.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I can understand why she did it… not the Luther thing, but her getting so angry and expecting/wanting her family to help. She was trying to get back to the timeline where her daughter exists. I can’t see a parent doing anything less.
    Perfectly understandable, but what gets my goat is Allison hitting the switch - with no guarantee that she'd actually get to see her daughter again - based on a deal with a guy who was perfectly willing to sacrifice his kids / her siblings. Sure, everything seems to have worked out for her, but damn. She can go kick rocks.

Not really important to the plot or anything but like … why was Allison’s hair so awful this season? I get she was goin through some shit but it was pretty bad. I mean in s1 she got her throat slit and her hair was still on point :P

(And before anyone says anything about women and beauty standards and blah blah blah I was very happy to see Diego lose his long hair as it wasn’t doing that beautiful boy any favors)
    Yeah, her hair keeps getting worse and worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Izthak View Post
    You mean a show where, since day one, every character was dumb had them being dumb in subsequent seasons? What are the chances?

Of the children, Five is literally the only person with a functioning brain on the show, and he has his own eccentric obsessions that keep him doing seemingly illogical things. The other kids, combined, barely have one. The closest would have been Vanya/Viktor, who's only the most emotionally intelligent amongst them; but still as dumb as a door nail like the others.
    This is an incredibly accurate description. And yet somehow they seem even stupider this season.