Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    Without ereasing all the old. Or letting 1 of its succes bleeding thruh into the future.
    Literally nothing was "erased", except for non-canon endings to the games (since with a single timeline, only one ending can be canon, and some contradict the timeline that's later established as canon, obviously).

No they are not. bit broken english so lets help you with my broken english:

- can they destroy all endings just not to deal with it: nope : can they erease all endings/happenings of previous games? and redo them . no thats bad story telling.

- is deleting a previous ending something new: nope .....how is this one hard? redoing the previous story, by ereasing the old story is not new. thats a reboot. a remake.
    Neither of these actually happened. That's why you're getting pushback. You're complaining about things the show literally never did in its storytelling.

And again, i am not saying anything or all things needed to survive...again...thats you ( and others) filling stuff in. I said several times: a hint that 1 of the good endings did happen would have been nice. A glimmer of hope.
    They did. The official timeline's confirmed the "good" endings for Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas (at least in part, there's elements we just don't know yet).

You're complaining about something that's literally not accurate to the show or the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    My guy, I am not exactly sure you know exactly what you are saying. If multiple people are "reading into what you wrote" that isn't what you meant. More than likely you are either not being clear or presenting contradictory arguments.
    No ...you write that i hate or dislike the show...my first line in this thread:
    Me, its freaking awsome ( disliked only 2 things).
    so yeah, you guys are mis reading stuff and filling stuff in.

In my first post i even used the words: pretty much ( so not completly) while you guys act like i did say that
    or most likely ( so not 100% sure)......like my english can be bad.
    But but last time i checked most likely does not 100% sure.

It's not a bad trope. It is a trope you don't like. (This isn't me saying it was handled well in Star Wars, but poor handling does not make a trope bad. The trope existed in Star Wars since A New Hope.)
    because back then for sci fi it was a recently new thrope. it has been over used since then.

So, comparing a game with 3 endings to a game with more is a bad comparison Fallout 4 had 4 endings that I know of? And that isn't even getting into the many endings of other games that could impact the world from the other games. KotOR has 3 endings, with one ending with a minor difference. (Light Side Revan destroys the Star Forge (Bastila can be alive or dead), Dark Side Revan rules using the Star Forge, and Dark Side Female Carth romanced where she chooses to die on the Star Forge).
    nope i am saying you have fallout 1 to 4. And some of those games have multiple endings. So not even 1 of them being still around ( or the effects of it) vs 1 game's 3 endings. is not comparison.
    And kotor's ending still had affect on the story. because in the mmo the story still continues....fallout just wiped them away. so again not the same.

1) Opinions can be wrong and people have a right to voice their opinion on your opinion if you choose to share it.
    2) No one is reading into things, you are coming across as saying completely contradictory views. It is like saying you want a wall painted red AND anything other than red.
    3) I don't see anyone saying you hate the show.
    4) It's not a mistake. It is again something you dislike about the show.
    5) Except that's how you are coming across in what you are saying. You may not mean too, but reading your post you seem to want an impact from the stories.

- - - Updated - - -
    wrong. facts are facts.
    1.) Opinions are feelings about stuff. your feelings and mine can differ. You can disagree with opinions. But it does not make the others opinion not valid anymore.
    i like appels and you say i do not...does not mean i am wrong. < opinion
    a apple is a candy , you say i am wrong ( i am in this case about the apple) you are right. Because the fact is...apples are fruit.

2.) No i am not. I am responding on previous qoutes you guys made about me. and filling in stuff that is not there.
    you claim to want something new, but you also don't want anything different, you don't want anything to change. It's not really a very coherent position.
    i am not saying that per example. I am saying not earasing old stuff, or atleast talk about it having a effect ( 1 of them, not all of them).
    3.) You guys sure make it sound like that. I say i dislike 2 things about the show and start a qoute war because i say i dislike something. Hell i even said i do not want all good endings to happen. Just 1 of them having a lasting effect would be great. and i get qoutes like the above one? how can i not read that like i hate the show?
    i think its great. Think just this brings it down for me a bit. You guys get your panty's in a twist about it.
    4.) a story mistake, miss opertunity...better? again...opinions are not facts. So what my opinion about a mistake is, might not be facts....my english is bad. but opinions are not facts. Opinions are personal, emotions you have.
    5.) Nope, they do have to have a impact on the story. Just a mention that it happend. and might have had a effect. and yes it might come across. But i wording things very carefully. Because when i say stuff ( and i shown the qoute above). its gets pulled out of context. Its hard to type correctly so i can get the messega across.

He is literally demanding what we got and complaining about what we got not being good enough.

The NCR surviving as long as it did is from the good endings of the first Fallout games. And if he is asking about things from 3 or 4, I have no idea why because those are East Coast things, so there isn't going to be much on the West Coast. Why would people on the West Coast care about rumors about clean water in the Capital Wasteland? All a reference like that does is a "Wink" remember our games? When there are already tons of references.
    Here again....do i demand stuff: do i say i want this, they must do this.....no i do not say that....so again that post just proven my point. I never said the must. or you must...so this proofs my point.

prydwyn was also eastcoast. hell it was build out of the ending of fallout 3, and used in the ending of fallout 4........you know liberty prime.....
    and again....you even here mis qoute me. Do i say it needs to be east coast? Nope they could say: the ncr is regrouping. or something else.
    And the prydwyn being there a throw away line could help.

And again...its a opinion...not a must or a fact etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Literally nothing was "erased", except for non-canon endings to the games (since with a single timeline, only one ending can be canon, and some contradict the timeline that's later established as canon, obviously).

Neither of these actually happened. That's why you're getting pushback. You're complaining about things the show literally never did in its storytelling.

They did. The official timeline's confirmed the "good" endings for Fallout 1, 2, and New Vegas (at least in part, there's elements we just don't know yet).

You're complaining about something that's literally not accurate to the show or the games.
    you just said to someone else :
    He is literally demanding what we got and complaining about what we got not being good enough.
    i demand nothing...you are lying here. i say my opinion. opinions are not commands or facts. just a feeling about something.

So not responding until you correct this lie. Because how can i discuss something with you if you lie about what i am saying.

Last thing i am saying:
    - it feels like they are doing it.
    - i do not say all of them need to have happend. Or have a lasting effect. Just 1 of them having some positive effect would have been nice.
    - you are qouting 2 responses in a line out of responses. thats removing the context of the conversation. So that just weird. If i removed the world pie out of a discussion about 2 apple pies a day it changes the whole conversation.
    - said several times a lasting effect. And not being ereased for story purperses. And they can "fix" it by talking about it next season. Just redoing the samething over is like what ruined the walking dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baskev View Post
    you just said to someone else :

i demand nothing...you are lying here. i say my opinion. opinions are not commands or facts. just a feeling about something.

So not responding until you correct this lie. Because how can i discuss something with you if you lie about what i am saying.
    So you're . . . complaining that you think things are "bad", but not that they should be done better?

Regardless, your complaints are still about imaginary things that aren't even true of the show. No canon endings of prior games were "deleted" or "destroyed". You made that up completely.

- said several times a lasting effect. And not being ereased for story purperses. And they can "fix" it by talking about it next season. Just redoing the samething over is like what ruined the walking dead.
    There were lasting effects. That are shown or referenced in the show. You're ignoring all that, and attacking a fiction you made up in your own head, rather than anything to do with the actual show.