Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is such a weird take in a world where the m+ system gives just as good of gear, and often better gear than mythic raid.

Should m+ gear stop gaining ilvl at +10, and should conquest gear be removed entirely as well? It’s just silly to me, sorry. Now, most gear being made BoA and work similarly to how it does in ff14? I could totally get behind that.

Player power should absolutely reflect the difficulty of the content they’re clearing though.

This would kill a lot of high-end raiding guilds. The guilds competing for top 10 would probably stay, but after that you'd lose at least half of your mythic raiding playerbase.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    This would kill a lot of high-end raiding guilds. The guilds competing for top 10 would probably stay, but after that you'd lose at least half of your mythic raiding playerbase.
    I just always find it amusing that some people want all gear progression removed from content they dont even partake in, while keeping the gear in the difficulties they do.....green is a terrible colour on people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crieve View Post
    Nobody does mythic already. If you do, you're probably sweaty and need to shower more than once a month.
    I mythic raid, and it takes up literally 6 hours of my week. The same as a heroic guild. It’s not *that* hard, you just prog a little slower than heroic.

And if there were no gear in mythic raid, the crowd doing it would certainly become significantly smaller than it is already. At that point, might as well have no mythic difficulty at all as it would just be wasted development time.

Maybe this thread should be retitled "nobody deserves loot but me".

A better, but imo still bad idea, is to just cut mythic difficulty altogether. No. No change in any difficulty of the other difficulties. Just cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Can't think of a single redeemable thing to this idea.

Most high end guilds would just quite after achieving full clear. Mid range mythic guilds would stagnate from a lack of gear boosts to help push. Casuals and solo players would be forever locked out of rewards. Basically everyone would be worse off.

I do agree with the one difficulty should go,merge normal and heroic in to the flex and thats it

Raids work fine as they are.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Holy shit dude, did you seriously just use the old "i dont care about wow anymore because im rich"? How pathetic.
    Your post count is pathetic, but that's none of my business. Would I be a "potential viewer" if I didn't care about WoW?

Delusional no skill op demanding free mythic gear from wqs because they are garbage at the game.

Checks out for mmo-c.

Yea, removing rewards is a surefire way of making people happy.

You should be a developer!

the biggest /s i can find.

The issue that never seems to get addressed is how does balancing work?

If you don't have gear upgrades to you make each boss a equal challenge? How does that look from beginning to end?

What part of "mythic should drop NO gear" is confusing for you?

- - - Updated - - -

You clearly said mythic should drop NO gear. Are you already changing your stance?
    The part where he is specifically stats and how gear influences your power?

That’s literally what his entire post was about. I know you can’t read well but did you seriously just read the headline and assume the cosmetic of the gear itself is what he was complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    The part where he is specifically stats and how gear influences your power?

That’s literally what his entire post was about. I know you can’t read well but did you seriously just read the headline and assume the cosmetic of the gear itself is what he was complaining about?
    The entire post is about REMOVING ALL GEAR FROM MYTHIC. Have you actually read the post?

Someone stated that would kill mythic raiding as noone would do it without gear. Someone then responded that doesn't make sense, as people run old raids. I pointed out they run those old raids FOR THE GEAR, meaning that argument is completely idiotic, and actually proves MY point.

The difficulty of that old raid is entirely irrelevant, as the fact remains their motivation for being there is the gear.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-23 at 01:46 AM.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

The entire post is about REMOVING ALL GEAR FROM MYTHIC. Have you actually read the post?

Someone stated that would kill mythic raiding as noone would do it without gear. Someone then responded that doesn't make sense, as people run old raids. I pointed out they run those old raids FOR THE GEAR, meaning that argument is completely idiotic, and actually proves MY point.

The difficulty of that old raid is entirely irrelevant, as the fact remains their motivation for being there is the gear.
    Let’s just ask op here

Quote Originally Posted by conkrete View Post
    snip
    Hey op, when you made this post when you said remove gear your main point was about the power difference mythic items give, not the cosmetics of them correct?
    Last edited by Syncr; 2022-05-23 at 02:08 AM.

Let’s just ask op here

Hey op, when you made this post when you said remove gear your main point was about the power different mythic items give correct?
    You are not listening - the motivation for removing all gear from mythic is not important - it's an absolutely terrible idea.

You are not listening - the motivation for removing all gear from mythic is not important - it's an absolutely terrible idea.
    The motivation for removing the mythic gear is the entire point of the post. Now let’s wait on OP to answer

The motivation for removing the mythic gear is the entire point of the post. Now let’s wait on OP to answer
    Well in that case, you are STILL wrong, as the only reason they gave was to make the world first race more fun to watch.

Well in that case, you are STILL wrong, as the only reason they gave was to make the world first race more fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by conkrete View Post
    LFR or Normal, one has to go. Heroic should have Mythic gear and there shouldn't be a huge disparity in outcomes (10% max difference in terms of DPS/HPS etc..)
    Take a second to read this. Also just wait on OP and we will get our answer

Also take a second to think about what you said. He mentioned world first races, do you think he was talking about how gears cosmetics would effect world first? Or maybe the stats. REALLY use your noggin to think about that

Yeah 100%. That’s why no one farms old raids anymore, no one pushes rating in pvp after they get fully gear, and once people are all done gearing in mythic they stop 100% of the time.
    Yes....because farming old raids is the same as running mythic when it's current content. The reason people farm old raids for xmog is that it's typically a cake walk compared to when it was current content. If people were wiping left and right on BfA and Legion raids right now, nobody would touch them.

If the gear worked like PvP mounts and M+ mounts where it was exclusive to when it was current content, people might do it for the prestige.

However, outside of the top 10 guilds, most people actually need the gear boost weekly to progress through harder bosses. It would basically need to be tuned to be slightly harder than the previous difficulty.