View Poll Results: Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord, where will your journey begin?

Voters
190. This poll is closed
  • Borean Tundra

61 32.11%
  • Howling Fjord

129 67.89%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Howling Fjord or Borean Tundra?

Where will your journey start in Classic WotLK?

Orgrimmar or Stormwind, probably.

Mine won't, but if i would it would definitely be Howling Fjord, honestly one of the best zones ever in the game.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Always, always Borea Tundra, the best leveling zone in WotLK. Although I like the scenery and the music in Howling, the quests in the Fjord are terrible in comparison.

Howling Fjord by far. The music is better. The nordic theming is consistent throughout. The quest layout is superior to BT. And the alliance get the best entrance by boat.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Been a while since I played WotLK, but if I remember correctly, Borean Tundra for Alliance, and Howling Fjord for Horde. Just stating this from personal preference for ease of layout and questing progression.
    As a side note, if Blizzard doesn’t have it patched out immediately, remember that people who play Hunters can take a humanoid Worgen model if they do the quest line at the northwest part of HF and wait for the quest enemy to transform into a Worgen since he used to be classified as a beast.

I think Howling Fjord is one of the best zones ever made.

Faintly remember Borean being more efficient levelling, but Howling was one of my favourite zones of the expansion, so that gets easily the points on this. Ironically the achievement was called "nothing boring about Borean" when that was quite bland and boring zone in my opinion at least.

Howling Fjord for sure. Love the aesthetic and the music.

Howling Fjord has the absolute best introduction to Northrend. I regret that my buddy chose Borean Tundra for us when we leveled together back in the day (he was on an alt and had already done HF). It's a mishmash of themes and the beachhead can't compete with a burning manowar -- that said, I enjoy Coldarra and hold that the Nexus War is the coolest subplot in the game (every character had Emmy Malin's note from Dragonblight, sniff-sniff).

Quote Originally Posted by Celarent View Post
    Howling Fjord has the absolute best introduction to Northrend. I regret that my buddy chose Borean Tundra for us when we leveled together back in the day (he was on an alt and had already done HF). It's a mishmash of themes and the beachhead can't compete with a burning manowar -- that said, I enjoy Coldarra and hold that the Nexus War is the coolest subplot in the game (every character had Emmy Malin's note from Dragonblight, sniff-sniff).
    IMO they have the better introduction (incl. the boat trip and quests) for Alliance, but they suck for Horde ngl. Borean Tundra is much much better from start to finish if you're Horde.

I will leave it 'til the day to decide, might be that I am playing with someone else that want's the Fjord's. I picked Tundra because it's the zone I always go to out of preference.

Borean Tundra has better quest progression but Howling Fjord is a much better looking zone which is what I prefer. Its also a shorter trip to Grizzly Hills once I'm done. The only thing I hate out missing out in Borean Tundra is all the Coldarra stuff which is just an awesome mini-zone.
    Last edited by McNeil; 2022-05-23 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    IMO they have the better introduction (incl. the boat trip and quests) for Alliance, but they suck for Horde ngl. Borean Tundra is much much better from start to finish if you're Horde.
    I believe it. You guys do a lot with the Taunka, right? I just remember lots of out-of-place gnome stuff for Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Where will your journey start in Classic WotLK?
    Ive always liked Borean better. The Kel'Thuzad quest is pretty cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was Borean Tundra all the way back in the day when I first got to Northrend... so gonna do Howling Fjord this time around.

I remember the first time I was in the main Horde base in HF and I saw that event at Vengeance Landing of the San'layn coming up to the base and Sylvanas w/ her Dark Rangers engaging with them. Was really cool (for what it was) back during that time.

Howling Fjord is more impressive aesthetically but I feel like Borean is way easier to quest in.

Tundra quest are way better, but Fjord is more beautiful to be around.

Tundras, quests tend to be alittle better, because alot of them centre around the main hubs in the zone but I prefer the looks of Howling Fjord Honestly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tundra. Much better quest progress and the dungeon is higher level, thus also being higher xp, if you are planning to go the route of dungeon spam.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present