Substandard Moderation in the General Off-Topic Forums

Good evening. The goal of this post is to point out an ongoing issue with the moderation in the General Off-Topic forums, in particular the inconsistent application of infractions, or outright flagrant ignoring of forum rules on the part of certain moderators.

In this post I am baselessly referred to as a "white supremacist."

Here we have the same user calling me a "weasel" and a "racist"...again without merit. I reported these two posts in accordance with forum guidelines about not "flaming" other users.

While a Moderator involved themselves in the discussion, instead of reprimanding the user, the Moderator engaged in more flaming as seen in these posts wherein the Moderator also recklessly throws out libelous claims of racism.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53781482

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post53781515

Moderators should be the ones to set a good example for users to follow, and biased or incompetent moderation only encourages more trolling and flaming. Unfortunately, there is a pattern of behavior with this particular Moderator and I encourage the staff of MMO-Champion to reconsider their role in our community.

Thank you!

Forum moderation are subpar, unpaid volunteers. It's shocking that it leaves a lot to be desired.

But hey, "contact a head moderator with your issues". lol.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    LOL. Imagine trying to claim libel on an anonymous internet forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't what the suggestions and feedback forums are for. Use the report system and leave your drama llama at home.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    ...I am baselessly referred to as a "white supremacist."

"...the same user calling me a "weasel" and a "racist"...again without merit.
    You do realize anyone can look up your posting history?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    You do realize anyone can look up your posting history?

If it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...
    Please be specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This isn't what the suggestions and feedback forums are for. Use the report system and leave your drama llama at home.
    Giving feedback is exactly what the feedback forums should be for. Calling out bad behavior by staff is exactly what the feedback forums should be for.

All that mod is doing is feeding the flames. That's NOT what moderators do, and you should know that.

But when you have a political sig outside the political section, I guess things are different.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Giving feedback is exactly what the feedback forums should be for. Calling out bad behavior by staff is exactly what the feedback forums should be for.

All that mod is doing is feeding the flames. That's NOT what moderators do, and you should know that.

But when you have a political sig outside the political section, I guess things are different.
    You have been here for 10 years. You know exactly who you talking to. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    We have only two moderators covering all of GenOT and Politics (and Edge is not one of them btw). Both are volunteers who are donating some of their free time to help on the site.

That means that sometimes bad posts will get missed, sometimes threads will not get warned in time to keep them on track. If one is really concerned about helping out quality moderation moderation, people could do their parts by not also participating in bad faith discussion or escalate things, but much of the time people just seem unhappy that people they don't like aren't being punished by the moderators and aren't actually interested in good discourse themselves.

We're also always looking for good mods to join the team, people who can be civil and have a solid grasp of our rules. Interested folks can apply here: https://www.mmo-champion.com/modapply.php

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |