Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Transmogs mean nothing.
    Maybe not to you, but when Blizzard is calling them "Dark Ranger" it means a great deal.

I answered all your statements with Red but this leads to one of 2 things potentially happening, 1) We will see 4th specs appear later on or 2) With the new talent system in DF maybe Dark Ranger skills will be made available through talents and hopefully kept competitive with other spec talents.
    Demon Hunters and Evokers kind of put the nail in the coffin of 4th specs. If Blizzard can't be bothered to create new classes with 3 specs, they're certainly not going to give multiple classes 4th specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    And the point about Night Elf society accepting them back in?
    Everybody was.
    This is a specific case.

I'm talking about your concept. I can claim it because your concept is built on multiple identities, with Dark Ranger comprising less than half of that identity overall. Of course I can say it doesn't have much, your concept isn't even a fully realized Dark Ranger concept.
    What? It has the most out of all the others. Warden has the least, with Night Warrior being second.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    no more so then you’d have to make warriors into paladins for mountain kings.
    What do Mountain Kings have to do with Paladins?

if they had multiple cosmetics tying them to shadow hunters and wardens and a history of other SH/warden ability’s then sure why not.
    Yet, we know it's not true.
    It barely scratches the surface of representation.

What lie would that be exactly? Warlocks as a class never had Meta in canon, only one warlock ever actually had it and he was actively trapped because it was to dangerous and the knowledge never spread.
    Making it canon.
    Also:
    "Even though the ability was removed from player warlocks, many mobs such as Kanrethad Ebonlocke, Loramus the Defiled and the Gorebound Felcasters still possess it. Warlock followers like Lamontague Ford can also possess it."

Yeah.... not the only one.

the only two reasons we have for joining the horde is feeling forsaken by elune and developing a obsession with inflicting pain and suffering, other wise there could be any number of other personal reasons for not going back that vary from elf to elf.

working through these issues has also been the focus of them since the end of BFA with them trying to reestablish a connection as early as Shadows rising.
    Can you link the attempt at reestablishing conncetions?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This is honestly the weirdest part. When Silvermoon decided they didn't like Void magic, Void Elves literally swapped factions. To the Alliance, well known for its love of void magic..... And now undead Night Elves are just.... buddies with the guys they slaughtered at Darkshore? im very confused.
    No explanation, no nothing.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    This is honestly the weirdest part. When Silvermoon decided they didn't like Void magic, Void Elves literally swapped factions. To the Alliance, well known for its love of void magic..... And now undead Night Elves are just.... buddies with the guys they slaughtered at Darkshore? im very confused.
    There was a guy who asked how to make Alliance more alluring and likable to bigger audience, answer pretty simple as always, make it EDGY or SEXY, even better if both at same time.

Void ELFS -> Alliance!

Undead ELFS -> Alliance!
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    What do Mountain Kings have to do with Paladins?
    mountain kings conjure magic weapons just like paladins do with things like blade of Justice or judgment.

Yet, we know it's not true.
    It barely scratches the surface of representation.
    and when it comes to the depths of representation there are much deeper classes with even less of a scratch then dark rangers.

Making it canon.
    Also:
    "Even though the ability was removed from player warlocks, many mobs such as Kanrethad Ebonlocke, Loramus the Defiled and the Gorebound Felcasters still possess it. Warlock followers like Lamontague Ford can also possess it."

Yeah.... not the only one.
    it’s made canon as something warlocks can not do as the knowledge deemed to dangerous and is locked away with Kanrethad they made a whole questline about how players having the ability is not canon.

Loramus is a demon hunters, Ford isn’t canon unless he has a clone of him self who’s undead and the Felfcasters have no lore but obviously aren’t doing what demon hunters do as they are form a totally different dimension and would have never encountered a demon hunter.

All of this is in rather starch contrast to dark rangers literally getting a questline which ends with them being able to rejoin the alliance and then you being able to make one.

Can you link the attempt at reestablishing conncetions?
    here the wowpedia mention of it.

After the Earthen Ring shaman Yukha warned Thrall that something was terribly wrong in the spirit world, Thrall made the decision to go to Nordrassil and decided to bring Baine Bloodhoof and Calia, due to her desire to bridge the divide between the Forsaken and the kaldorei who were raised into undeath, with him.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

What? It has the most out of all the others. Warden has the least, with Night Warrior being second.
    And Wardens and Night Warriors have nothing to do with the Dark Ranger identity, which the customizations and the quests already officially represent.

You can even see now, we literally have playable Dark Rangers and they have officially been designated to Alliance and Horde. And I will point out again; no Sira Moonwarden in sight. No Night Warrior lore being continued whatsoever either.

What do you think the chances are that Night Warrior lore will even continue in 11.0? We know Tyrande is gonna take part in the expansion, do you think they will continue the Night Warrior in Dragon Isles? I don't see it happening personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    There was a guy who asked how to make Alliance more alluring and likable to bigger audience, answer pretty simple as always, make it EDGY or SEXY, even better if both at same time.

Void ELFS -> Alliance!

Undead ELFS -> Alliance!
    OK, of course Void Elves were introduced as a way to sneak in Blood Elf model into Alliance for the players. And same goes for Night Elves for Horde via Nightbornne, by the way.

Story was written to give it backing, no brainer there.

I always said that as a whole Void Elves were pretty much sucked out of thumb for that purpose, but if they are already there - the written reasoning for them being in Alliance is solid. Quite frankly a good deal more solid than Nightborne in the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i didn't say a think about death thread.

Yes, as they see fit, and im pointing how is bullshit that they onyl see fit to release things for one particular group of races.

So, i cannot post something ont he forums because you didn't like or disagree with it?

If isn't a blog do you think is a consultory trying to work on something? since yous aid yourself you ahv eno horse in this race?

If the elf fanabse keep screaming at then in the official foruns will eventually happen.

Dark rangers don't even use magic, a dark ranger is a undead hunter, thats it

The hero class in wc3 used because it was sylvanas-like banshee.

If you feel bummed that a undead is using nature magic, its something 100% in wow universe
    Wrong! oh gosh you are so wrong, They use shadow and death magic like a death knight... you are so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    OK, of course Void Elves were introduced as a way to sneak in Blood Elf model into Alliance for the players. And same goes for Night Elves for Horde via Nightbornne, by the way.

Story was written to give it backing, no brainer there.

I always said that as a whole Void Elves were pretty much sucked out of thumb for that purpose, but if they are already there - the written reasoning for them being in Alliance is solid. Quite frankly a good deal more solid than Nightborne in the Horde.
    cept nightborne is a horrid abomination of the nelf rig and velves are bloodelves with hq hair

void elves on a pvp server are actually infuriating bc unlike nightborne they look 100% like bloodelves and you can't tell if its friend or foe at a glance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you can't tell if its friend or foe at a glance
    I'll give you a hint, they have red name and enemy bars.

Lets not start this infantile "they got better toys than we did" - the response was not about that, but about how both of these allied races served the purpose of giving previously unavailable model to the respective other faction and got some quick and dirty lore slapped around that goal.

There is no point beating around the bush when it comes to that.

cept nightborne is a horrid abomination of the nelf rig and velves are bloodelves with hq hair
    Also, dat hair is really good.

Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-06-04 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    mountain kings conjure magic weapons just like paladins do with things like blade of Justice or judgment.

You really think they are Paladins? Now i know who i'm arguing with...
    They are Warriors.
    "The mountain kings, or thanes as they are known in Khaz Modan, are the mightiest dwarven warriors under the mountain. Wielding both enchanted warhammers and hand axes, these fierce fighters live to test themselves against worthy opponents. Unconcerned with their race's preoccupation with mechanical devices and mining precious minerals, Mountain Kings live only for battle. Dedicated to safeguarding the Alliance which saved their kingdom during the Second War, the mountain Kings can be counted upon to rally behind any banner that stands between freedom and the ever looming shadow of evil."

Their abilities can be found in the Warrior class: Avatar, Stormbolt and Thunderclap.

and when it comes to the depths of representation there are much deeper classes with even less of a scratch then dark rangers.
    No one said they shouldn't be represented.

it’s made canon as something warlocks can not do as the knowledge deemed to dangerous and is locked away with Kanrethad they made a whole questline about how players having the ability is not canon.

Loramus is a demon hunters, Ford isn’t canon unless he has a clone of him self who’s undead and the Felfcasters have no lore but obviously aren’t doing what demon hunters do as they are form a totally different dimension and would have never encountered a demon hunter.

All of this is in rather starch contrast to dark rangers literally getting a questline which ends with them being able to rejoin the alliance and then you being able to make one.
    Show me where it's made non-canon. I've asked this twice already. And something being dangerous doesn't make something non-canon. The whole Demon Hunter ritual is dangerous. That's part of the game. For dramatization.

The felcasters don't need to imitate the Demon Hunter. Transforming into a Demon is not unique to the Demon Hunter.

Ford is canon. All followers are canon. He just has a version for each faction.

here the wowpedia mention of it.
    Did it succeed?

And Wardens and Night Warriors have nothing to do with the Dark Ranger identity, which the customizations and the quests already officially represent.

You can even see now, we literally have playable Dark Rangers and they have officially been designated to Alliance and Horde. And I will point out again; no Sira Moonwarden in sight. No Night Warrior lore being continued whatsoever either.

What do you think the chances are that Night Warrior lore will even continue in 11.0? We know Tyrande is gonna take part in the expansion, do you think they will continue the Night Warrior in Dragon Isles? I don't see it happening personally.
    I see it being touched upon in a Life-themed expansion, the domain of Elune, which is hinted at.

Leaving these aside, the Dark Ranger customization options are but an attempt to appease the community for the meantime.

I see it being touched upon in a Life-themed expansion, the domain of Elune, which is hinted at.

Leaving these aside, the Dark Ranger customization options are but an attempt to appease the community for the meantime.
    Right, which I have never argued against at any point in our discussion. You realize this, do you not? Your speculation for a future Elune expansion or that this is meant to appease the community is really just an opinion, and I'm fine with you expressing speculation. And I never once said Dark Ranger customizations replace a class.

You seem unable to accept the fact that Blizzard has Dark Rangers officially playable and represented through customizations. This is literally official lore now through the game.

You can choose not to like it, but there's nothing left to argue with me since this is literally how Blizzard has chosen to treat the Dark Ranger concept. I am not misinterpretting and twisting the lore to make it seem like Dark Rangers are represented in the game. The only problem here is that you are unable to accept what Blizzard has done themselves with the Dark Ranger concept. You're free to disagree with them, but it doesn't change the fact this is what it is.

They could have merely left it as 'Darkfallen' customization, but they did not. These are specifically presented as Dark Ranger customizations. That is official now. Your beef is with Blizzard, and your arguments don't change the fact they regard red eyed pale skinned Elves as Dark Ranger customizations.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-04 at 04:28 PM.

Right, which I have never argued against at any point in our discussion. You realize this, do you not? Your speculation for a future Elune expansion or that this is meant to appease the community is really just an opinion, and I'm fine with you expressing speculation. And I never once said Dark Ranger customizations replace a class.

You seem unable to accept the fact that Blizzard has Dark Rangers officially playable and represented through customizations. This is literally official lore now through the game.

You can choose not to like it, but there's nothing left to argue since this is literally how Blizzard has chosen to treat the Dark Ranger concept.

They could have merely left it as 'Darkfallen' customization, but they did not. These are specifically outed as Dark Ranger customizations. That is official now. Your beef is with Blizzard, and your arguments don't change the fact they regard red eyed pale skinned Elves as Dark Ranger customizations.
    Don't you think you're being overly and pointlessly pedantic at this point

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Don't you think you're being overly and pointlessly pedantic at this point
    Of course. And here you are, choosing to click on and read the thread and posts that you know are pointless and pedantic.

I mean, what other reason are you here? To find some deep and meaningful conversation about Dark Ranger customizations?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-04 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post

void elves on a pvp server are actually infuriating bc unlike nightborne they look 100% like bloodelves and you can't tell if its friend or foe at a glance
    You must hate race-changing toys. And Pandaren. Lol.

There's a setting to show names, and the names are color-coded for whether they're going to kill you or not. Use it. Nobody cares that race sillhouettes look similar on opposing factions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong! oh gosh you are so wrong, They use shadow and death magic like a death knight... you are so wrong.
    sure they do, dark arrow, and, thats it.

unless you are a banshee, something the player isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    sure they do, dark arrow, and, thats it.

unless you are a banshee, something the player isn't
    Stop being so wrong, all Dark Rangers are undead just like a Deathknight and simular to Sylvanas in many ways, you are just angry as usual.

Player Dark Rangers are not real Dark Rangers, at least not yet tm.

Stop being so wrong, all Dark Rangers are undead just like a Deathknight and simular to Sylvanas in many ways, you are just angry as usual.

Player Dark Rangers are not real Dark Rangers, at least not yet tm.
    They're real Dark Rangers. They're simply not a Dark Ranger class. It doesn't make it any less real considering Blizzard themselves call this 'Dark Ranger customizations'. They could have called them Darkfallen, they could have completely omitted a Hunter specific update, they could have left the Dark Ranger NPCs remain faction-less. It's clear that what we have is an official lore recognition of Dark Rangers joining the Horde and Alliance in the lore, and having customizations officially represent them as playable in the game.

They're real Dark Rangers. They're simply not a Dark Ranger class. It doesn't make it any less real considering Blizzard themselves call this 'Dark Ranger customizations'. They could have called them Darkfallen, they could have completely omitted a Hunter specific update, they could have left the Dark Ranger NPCs remain faction-less. It's clear that what we have is an official lore recognition of Dark Rangers joining the Horde and Alliance in the lore, and having customizations officially represent them as playable in the game.
    No... currently player characters are playing dress up, UNTIL they get skills/talents of a Dark Ranger then all they are, are cosplayers, thats it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The current player "Dark Rangers" and Darkfallen are simply a candy for the players to roleplay with. And that is fine enough for the time being. It may be this way forever or who knows, maybe they will decide to expand this down the road when Sylv returns.

Frankly for me, whether there will be Dark Ranger class or Darkfallen Allied Race is like whatever. I do hope that they will add a few more combinations or options though, like maybe a few more skin tones or various types of red eyes (more iris or no iris at all and maybe some tints, like Velf/Belf eyes have).

- - - Updated - - -

It could be that Blizzard intended to add a full blown Darkfallen allied race, but probably then scrapped it to not delay DF further with this side project.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-06-04 at 06:19 PM.

No... currently player characters are playing dress up, UNTIL they get skills/talents of a Dark Ranger then all they are, are cosplayers, thats it.
    And Blizzard OFFICIALLY recognizes this dress up as actual Dark Rangers.

Talents and skills are merely what you want. It has nothing to do with whether Dark Rangers are recognized as being playable or not.