Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    The pala and drui pale skin red eyes still doesnt feel right either, nor will it ever without any explanation.. Well this is what you get. Shame.
    I personally love the Darkfallen Druid. I wish they could select the Kul Tiran druid forms though, to really complete the aesthetic. I just use the artifact forms that are less animal and more plant, or the nightmare ones that look passably undead. It also does make sense since we've already been told with Kul Tiran druid lore and Ardenweald that the cycle of life and death are all natural aspects.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Dark Wardens can exist, but they would be extremely rare, since there were only handful of wardens in Darkshore. As far as I recall, Sira is the only known Dark Warden.
    There is a second dark warden during the BFA war campaign but that’s it only 2 ever.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

As some know I am (and I think I always will be) this player who would love to be able to play with a Dark Ranger. A "Darkness Hunter" is a super interesting archetype. I imagine a mix of Rogue Subtley + Hunter MM + Demon Hunter mobility.
    It's funny that Blizzard recently listened to a noisy minority and reshaped the entire game for them.
    However, those who ask for Dark Rangers represent almost 40% of the player base and it seems that we will never be heard.
    The worst thing is that as shown in the image below... the Dark Ranger spec is almost ready. Just copy (and modify some if necessary) what Sylvanas does in HOTS.

To see what each skill icon does just visit the link below:
    https://www.heroesfire.com/hots/wiki...lities-talents

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    However, those who ask for Dark Rangers represent almost 40% of the player base
    How are you even coming about this assumption?

I'm all for Dark Rangers being playable, but I hardly think that 40% of the player base is asking for them. They don't even poll very well amongst the niche who care to vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    How are you even coming about this assumption?

I'm all for Dark Rangers being playable, but I hardly think that 40% of the player base is asking for them. They don't even poll very well amongst the niche who care to vote.
    Here a example:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-in-9-2-5)!!!

I've seen this poll on other forums (including the official wow forum years ago) and it's always between 35% to 40%.

Not wanting to create any unnecessary controversy but if the LGBTQI+ community (which represents about 5% of the player base) asks Blizzard for rainbows everywhere... they'll have it. But if fucking 40% of the player base asks for Dark Rangers... Blizzard will ignore it. Can someone explain to me the reason for this?
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-06-29 at 09:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here a example:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ming-in-9-2-5)!!!

I've seen this poll on other forums (including the official wow forum years ago) and it's always between 35% to 40%.

Not wanting to create any unnecessary controversy but if the LGBTQI+ community (which represents about 5% of the player base) asks Blizzard for rainbows everywhere... they'll have it. But if fucking 40% of the player base asks for Dark Rangers... Blizzard will ignore it. Can someone explain to me the reason for this?
    Not enough creative minds, or bad leadership with class design. We used to have designers dedicated to each class. Recent gaps in Shadow Priest and Hunter come to mind. One of the devs that left gave insight on this.

The new company they acquired gives hope. Have been following them since their kickstarter.

Well, rainbows are easier to add cosmetically than adding new gameplay that needs to be balanced, tested etc. That's why the Dark Ranger is literally a cosmetic feature now. It's literally the 'adding Rainbows' answer to Dark Rangers.

Apples to oranges.

Dark Rangers are fallen thalassian rangers or kaldorei sentinels, who use powers of Death. Wardens are kaldorei special units who guard dangerous prisoners and powerful monsters. They use powers of Elune. There are also no thalassian wardens.
    Dark Wardens, obviously, no longer use the power of Elune.
    And if they did, it would tie-in the Priestess of the Moon\Night Warrior into this Ranger\Warden concept.

"The Wardens of the Sunwell/Sunwell Wardens might be rangers, as they armed with bows and dual swords."

You were saying...?

Dark Wardens can exist, but they would be extremely rare, since there were only handful of wardens in Darkshore. As far as I recall, Sira is the only known Dark Warden. It is the same case when people requested Warden to be third DH spec because of Cordana Felsong.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Lyani_Shadestalker

Both concepts does not support each other as two specs of one class, because they are both different classes with only link between them is use of "dark magic", but the source and nature of their magic is different.
    It could be a Life & Death class, a recurrent theme throughout Shadowlands.

So do Rogues, and Wardens are more associated with Rogues than they are with Dark Rangers.

If anything, I figure Blizzard would just do 'Warden Customizations' for Rogues in the future, seeing how they're half-assing 'new classes' anyways.
    That's why Dark Rangers resemble Subtlety Rogues. But, it obviously wouldn't be a Rogue spec since it wields glaives and wears heavy armor.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    That's why Dark Rangers resemble Subtlety Rogues. But, it obviously wouldn't be a Rogue spec since it wields glaives and wears heavy armor.
    Judging by the complete lack of detail they have for the Dark Rangers and providing a Hunters an armor set that was just a recolor of WoD gear, I wouldn't put it past them making Wardens into leather wearing dagger wielders.

Judging by the complete lack of detail they have for the Dark Rangers and providing a Hunters an armor set that was just a recolor of WoD gear, I wouldn't put it past them making Wardens into leather wearing dagger wielders.
    -_-

What's next? Cloth-wearing, staff-wielding Tinkers?

Unfortunately we have to face the facts. Recently when Blizzard gave the elves a Dark Ranger skin and dark ranger eyes to "fancy" that we are playing with Dark Rangers... they gave us the message that they DO NOT INTEND to give us Dark Rangers as a class or even as a fourth. Hunter spec.
    Sad.
    A hunter with at least 50% of Sylvanas' skills would be my main-char for sure.

We have enough material for like one spec
    Unpopular opinion: Id be totally on board with them adding three separate single-spec classes in one expansion. Hell, release one per major patch.

-_-

What's next? Cloth-wearing, staff-wielding Tinkers?
    Profession gear seems to be the closest thing that coincides with Tinkers, like the Miners outfit we saw in the DF previews. So yeah, a Profession customization would technically support cloth-wearing staff wielding Tinkers.

Unfortunately we have to face the facts. Recently when Blizzard gave the elves a Dark Ranger skin and dark ranger eyes to "fancy" that we are playing with Dark Rangers... they gave us the message that they DO NOT INTEND to give us Dark Rangers as a class or even as a fourth. Hunter spec.
    Sad.
    A hunter with at least 50% of Sylvanas' skills would be my main-char for sure.
    But, there's so much material. What's the point of expanding on the concept if you're not gonna do anything about it?

Profession gear seems to be the closest thing that coincides with Tinkers, like the Miners outfit we saw in the DF previews. So yeah, a Profession customization would technically support cloth-wearing staff wielding Tinkers.
    You just come up with an answer to anything, don't you?
    Even if it doesn't make sense.

I was talking about a class.

You just come up with an answer to anything, don't you?
    Even if it doesn't make sense.

I was talking about a class.
    And I wasn't. You literally just said 'what's next, Staff wielding Tinkers?' Well, Blizzard treats the name Tinker as another name for Engineer in WoW, so it's a concept that has direct ties to the Engineering profession. You weren't being specific at all, I just took what you said as a random example for the sake of complaining about cosmetics.

If they make a standalone class, then it would of course be something other than a cloth caster. But considering they're already planning on Profession Transmogs and pushing out Dark Rangers as a cosmetic thing, I wouldn't put it past them to do the same for Tinkers.

But, there's so much material. What's the point of expanding on the concept if you're not gonna do anything about it?
    You've been saying that a lot without considering that Blizzard creates new concepts and drops them all the time. You thought Night Warrior was gonna be a big deal, and that went nowhere too. Now that we actually have Dark Ranger officially playable without a class, there's really no reason to hold out on any hopes that they'll make em into a standalone class. The most we can hope for at this point is more material thrown at the Hunter to more properly represent their identity. Blizzard has made it official that they want Hunters to be the representative of this identity, just as it already does for Beastmasters.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-01 at 04:13 AM.

You've been saying that a lot without considering that Blizzard creates new concepts and drops them all the time. You thought Night Warrior was gonna be a big deal, and that went nowhere too. Now that we actually have Dark Ranger officially playable without a class, there's really no reason to hold out on any hopes that they'll make em into a standalone class. The most we can hope for at this point is more material thrown at the Hunter to more properly represent their identity. Blizzard has made it official that they want Hunters to be the representative of this identity, just as it already does for Beastmasters.
    The Night Warrior thing is not over.
    We have yet to explore Elune and her realm.

The Night Warrior thing is not over.
    We have yet to explore Elune and her realm.
    They can explore Elune and her realm without doing anything with a Night Warrior class, just they made Shadowlands with no new Death related class. The Night Warrior only served the purpose of giving Tyrande a power up, and didn't even conclude her story very well. Tyrande herself is gonna be in Dragonflight as ine of the main characters, literally showing how they're moving past the Nightwarrior arc entirely.

There's literally no class based gameplay out of a Nightwarrior. You're holding on to a wish that will never be granted. The customizations are the extent of what they cared to offer.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-01 at 07:02 AM.

They can explore Elune and her realm without doing anything with a Night Warrior class, just they made Shadowlands with no new Death related class. The Night Warrior only served the purpose of giving Tyrande a power up, and didn't even conclude her story very well. Tyrande herself is gonna be in Dragonflight as ine of the main characters, literally showing how they're moving past the Nightwarrior arc entirely.

There's literally no class based gameplay out of a Nightwarrior. You're holding on to a wish that will never be granted. The customizations are the extent of what they cared to offer.
    Customization doesn't grant you a Night Warrior gameplay style.

BfA and Shadowlands are not the expansions about Elune and, therefore, what you've seen was just a fraction of the concept.

Customization doesn't grant you a Night Warrior gameplay style.
    Neither will the WoW Devs.

As I said, Nightwarrior gameplay doesn't exist. It's only a lore power up for a single named character that they have no plans on making playable. Same as players turning into Diamond like Magni, or using Banshee form like Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-01 at 02:35 PM.

or using Banshee form like Sylvanas.
    I believe (if the Gods allow it) that in the future we will have the playable Dark Ranger... there will be one or two talents that will allow the player to (momentarily) a "banshee form". I'm sure of that because the DK has the briefing of sindragosa and Raise Dead (two skills that only Arthas should have) and the DH has Eye Beam and Demon Form (two skills that only Illidan should have).
    A banshee form would be ideal for the Dark Ranger to use a skill that gives a scream that would fear an AOE. Similar to Shadow Priest skill.

Something like that:

Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-07-01 at 05:46 PM.