Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    It's called cynicism.
    Which, is meant to draw your attention to the ridiculousness of RPIng as something using cosmetics.
    All it takes is a bit of imagination, creativity and not being a square.

This is the way people RPed in games from time immemorial, because what you gonna do - games are limited, so you fill the gaps with a bit of imagination and whatever you have available.

But sure because it's WoW and Blizzard did it, then it's some sort of sacrilege to do what we were fucking doing for decades in dozens of games, Blizzard or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    All it takes is a bit of imagination, creativity and not being a square.

This is the way people RPed in games from time immemorial, because what you gonna do - games are limited, so you fill the gaps with a bit of imagination and whatever you have available.

But sure because it's WoW and Blizzard did it, then it's some sort of sacrilege to do what we were fucking doing for decades in dozens of games, Blizzard or not.
    I'm not against it.
    But, it doesn't replace the real deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not against it.
    But, it doesn't replace the real deal.
    Of course full blown Allied Race and/or Class would be better.

But this is also absolutely not a bad alternative that can be quickly done and scratch that itch for many players.

It's like "High Elf" customization for Void Elves. Is that real High Elves there? No. But it is as damn close as Alliance are going to get in next few years or even ever.

You fill the gap with imagination and it's completely and totally fine. And in-between having to make this small effort and having to wait another decade for Blizz to spoonfeed full blown race/class - this is a lot better.

- - - Updated - - -

As a whole, they need to do more of these things. Not everything needs to be a full blown end to end fully featured player customization. It's like that cool M+ trailer done by some community creator where you had a human with glowing eyes and face tattoo - I'd say just add these and let players figure it out.

And do more.

Like this above - Blizz can slap this as added customization.

What it is? A character that got affected and changed after going to Nya'lotha. Or intentional/unintentional interaction with an agent or artifact of the void and what not.

Agency to the player how to explain it. Blizz need just to go ahead and do these things.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-06-02 at 06:59 AM.

Of course full blown Allied Race and/or Class would be better.

But this is also absolutely not a bad alternative that can be quickly done and scratch that itch for many players.

It's like "High Elf" customization for Void Elves. Is that real High Elves there? No. But it is as damn close as Alliance are going to get in next few years or even ever.

You fill the gap with imagination and it's completely and totally fine. And in-between having to make this small effort and having to wait another decade for Blizz to spoonfeed full blown race/class - this is a lot better.
    You can't compare a race to a full-blown class.
    A race has like what, one or two active racials?
    A class has dozens of abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't compare a race to a full-blown class.
    A race has like what, one or two active racials?
    A class has dozens of abilities.
    Of course you can.

A race has dozens of customization options and a lot of ingame story/architecture and mechanics and needs to work with many classes as well - that is no less work that a class. And if it's custom model that's even more headache, because it needs to work with zillion existing armors.

You think you just slap some skin and you're good to go? Even allied race is not just that, let alone full blown core race.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I also know what is the fallacy of absurd, so don't pretend you are making a fair comparison. while ignoring half of the game don't play elves.
    Elves make up literally half the player population and they get some extra customizations. Why get so salty over customizations?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-02 at 07:25 AM.

I like how blizzard baited you with this lawl, people over excited about this probably same ppl who whine in these forums about dumb things

Of course you can.

A race has dozens of customization options and a lot of ingame story/architecture and mechanics and needs to work with many classes as well - that is no less work that a class. And if it's custom model that's even more headache, because it needs to work with zillion existing armors.

You think you just slap some skin and you're good to go? Even allied race is not just that, let alone full blown core race.
    I don't think the work is harder. But, i'm talking about the gameplay implications of a class compared to a race. It's miles differently.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Elves make up literally half the player population and they get some extra customizations. Why get so salty over customizations?
    Then why not also make customization for th other half of the player population, why are you salty about wanting something other than elves in every damn patch?

- - - Updated - - -

You are mixing gameplay elements with story and lore and characters.
    soa re going to 100% ignore lore and characters in prol of gameplay charactestics, since they were doing this by the moment they gave void blood elf customizations to void elves, great, when they are going to start actually doing that for other races as well?

There is countless skin of races locked for NPCs and they still don't allow us to use, and keep pampering elves with quests, customizations, transmogs and fuck more.

Also: why you don't have ingame undead orcs/tauren/dwarves and what not as available selection? Because Blizzard can't do everything at the same time AND they prefer to do have at least some backstory there too.
    yeah, some bullshit to cover off from then.

Again, what about the skins locked on npcs since vanilla/cata/wod? why are they not allowing then to us to play? ah yes, because they can't do everything at the same time, and they need to focus on elves first and foremost, cause only one half of the playerbase need to be addressed.

Also, rly gold to talk about backstory and lore when those things are pure gameplay, that make you look like one, you are not actually a dead elf.

Did you cry rivers when they introduced Highmountain Tauren or Lightforged Draenei too? Because these are practically same thing.
    Ttoally the same thing, they ahve being adding tauren and draenei stuff a lot over the years, tauren and draenei even have exclusive class that only then can play

10+ Year Old Account
    Then why not also make customization for th other half of the player population, why are you salty about wanting something other than elves in every damn patch?
    Eventually it will come, that's it.

Owaw Night Elves got black eyes option in BFA and then them and BE/VE one skin tone and eye color combo in Shlands. Quick call the waambulance. Such favoritism, World of Elfcraft. Lemme polish my victim card there.

You had Lightforged Draenei and Highmountain Tauren get much more in 9.1.5, so don't pretend as if it's frikkin' only elves elves elves.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...d-improved-you

Eventually everyone will get extras.

Yo can I make my nelf druid look like this?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Yo can I make my nelf druid look like this?
    Yup, any elf regardless of class can get the dark ranger look but the transmog is only for hunters for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yup, any elf regardless of class can get the dark ranger look but the transmog is only for hunters for obvious reasons.
    Sweet. Gonna go unlock it so I can be a pale skin red eyed druid and confuse ppl lol

thats the problem of the game, other races will wait in the limbo, probably forever, until elves get everything they wish and more, this is not a fair situation, there is no rotation of when things get done, some races first then others, they will do elves first, second, and if there is space, they will do more elves. Maybe, it will be some leftover time that they don't want to work on elves they can do something else.

This is something being build since Legion with they getting a exclusive class and this will keep happening, the new race is a furry bait with an elf form, its just downhill from here on unless they change the devs.
    It's not really a huge problem, try to use your brain a little and figure out that majority don't care much about customization. i mean they like it but they surely won't go ranting in forums about it lol
    you feel that alot of people do because the vocal minorty

Great, evn more elf shit in the game, ii can't expect for the eld dragons in the new expansion /s

Well, at least this isn't a new allied race or some crap class
    With the amount of people wanting this? It's the least amount of effort for the most return. It's literally skin colors and eye colors for 2 models. You should be happy that they did it this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post

Glowing red eyes. Extra emo. Void elf warlock

Weird that these dark ranger(fallen ) can be Paladins and Druids but forsaken can not be ether yet.

But i guess its just easier to slap on a skin and eye texture they already had in game
    They've already made intentions for any race to be any class barring the invoker and possibly demon hunters. They do need to make chargers for them though, which will probably be the hold up.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's called cynicism.
    Which, is meant to draw your attention to the ridiculousness of RPIng a character class using cosmetics only.
    But it’s not a character class as evident by blizzards actions it’s just the way some undead elfs look.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    So hold on, Night Elves that have the Dark Ranger customization are basically Nelves that got raised during the Battle of Darkshore but didn't fall for Sylvanas's bs and didn't give up on Elune? Cause that's pretty big.
    Yes. After the quests Velonara, who saw through your Horde disquise if you are playing Alliance, says that any Darkfallen Kaldorei who were resurrected at Darkshore and want to rejoin the Alliance are free to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that's awesome, especially since it was a surprise.

The Transmog though... could have been worked on instead of a generic questing green (Recolour?)

Cuz they haven't stopped making content for other races?

You would have a reasonable argument if they stopped making content for other races and only make Elf content from here on out. That isn't what's happening, which is why your argument is so ridiculous.

Dark Iron Dwarf literally also gets new cosmetics and mounts this patch too. They are rolling out content at their own slow pace. So what exactly is there to complain? That they aren't making it, or that it isn't all being made and released when you want it?

Think hard about what you're actually arguing here.

- - - Updated - - -

It's called cynicism.
    Which, is meant to draw your attention to the ridiculousness of RPIng a character class using cosmetics only.
    This argument actually completely exposes your bias.

Previously, you said you would agree that cosmetics would be a good thing, since having representation is better than not. Now you are saying what you really feel - this is not acceptable as a Dark Ranger whatsoever and you will only settle on a Class and nothing less.

Honestly, many people are already telling you straight to your face a class would be better than what we got, but it doesn't make what we got any less of being representation for something we literally never had before. Honestly not sure why you keep bringing up the 'replacement for a class' argument since no one has ever said it replaces a class.

Everyone knows this isn't a class. It doesn't make it any less of a Dark Ranger either since Blizzard acknowledges that title for more than just a new class. They apply it to Darkfallen Hunters. This literally should be something you take time to accept as reality, that the Dark Ranger identity is regarded more than just as a class.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-02 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    But it’s not a character class as evident by blizzards actions it’s just the way some undead elfs look.
    It is an RPG class unrpresented by current classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    This argument actually completely exposes your bias.

Previously, you said you would agree that cosmetics would be a good thing, since having representation is better than not. Now you are saying what you really feel - this is not acceptable as a Dark Ranger whatsoever and you will only settle on a Class and nothing less.
    I am okay with it because i'm always for more customization options.
    This has nothing to do with the class. It is still pretty much a play-pretend.

Honestly, many people are already telling you straight to your face a class would be better than what we got, but it doesn't make what we got any less of being representation for something we literally never had before. Honestly not sure why you keep bringing up the 'replacement for a class' argument since no one has ever said it replaces a class.

Everyone knows this isn't a class. It doesn't make it any less of a Dark Ranger either since Blizzard acknowledges that title for more than just a new class. They apply it to Darkfallen Hunters. This literally should be something you take time to accept as reality, that the Dark Ranger identity is regarded more than just as a class.
    That Hunters are Dark Rangers.
    It is as close as a Warlock with Metamorphosis.