Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Forsaken elf can be paladin
    I was about to say. As of the very last patch you can be an undead Elf paladin. So again, why not the forsaken?

Freaking hate the idea that all races can become each class.

Where is the character idenity.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    In what YOU make of the character, as opposed to what the game says you can and can't do.

Why would there be MORE identity if the game restricts your options?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    With the new Dark Ranger customization added to blood elves, we technically HAVE undead paladins now. Also, undead druids thanks to said options given to Night Elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Freaking hate the idea that all races can become each class.

Pish posh, D&D did it 20 years ago and their "character identity" is perfectly fine.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    In what YOU make of the character, as opposed to what the game says you can and can't do.

100% This. Cataclysm showed that increasing the amount of class/race combos does actually increase the identity of the game as we got stuff like Sunwalker Tauren or Goblin Shamans that make deals with the Elements. If anything, new "weird" combos are super exciting and giving us more unique stuff to play.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Putting yourself in the game...that's why people take the game so seriously.

I suppose making a new paladin mount (a holy skeleton horse no less) is what really stops Blizzard at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    I suppose making a new paladin mount (a holy skeleton horse no less) is what really stops Blizzard at this point.
    No way.

If Blizzard is good at one thing it's making horse mounts.

There's like a million of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    I was about to say. As of the very last patch you can be an undead Elf paladin. So again, why not the forsaken?
    undead elf are forsaken in any case it would be undead human

What stops them is that most people who care deeply enough to post about X race not having X class will level the said class to max do few quests then quit

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The new darkfallen elf customization gave us:
    Undead Druid (NE undead)
    Undead Paladins (BE undead)

I guess your question is why not Forsaken Paladin aka Undead human paladin.
    Last edited by Firann; 2022-06-03 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post

Hearing you... Meaningful decision is not a part of the game anylonger. That you actually can't have everything, but have to make a strategic move all the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firann View Post
    The new darkfallen elf customization gave us:
    Undead Druid (NE undead)
    Undead Paladins (BE undead)

I guess your question is why not Forsaken Paladin aka Undead human paladin.
    Which is what the title is. Congrats on being able to read

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine that normal Forsaken would have to go through a process similar to what Calia went through to become a "light-forged" undead creature... in order to become paladins.

It used to be that Forsaken could not channel/wield the Holy Light as it would burn them from the inside. With the reintroduction of Alonsus Faol back into the story and confirming that he indeed has the Light within him, despite being a Forsaken undead, perhaps we won't have to see Forsaken become light-forged.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-04 at 12:25 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Which is what the title is. Congrats on being able to read
    You don't have to agressive or whatever. The title might say Forsaken paladin, the whole OP is not about forsaken paladin but about lightbound undead. I just said you have undead paladins in the form of Darkfallen paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    So with Calia Menethil officially becoming the new leader of the forsaken and Lilian appearing to be looking like a light infused undead, what is now stopping us from having lightbound undead as a customization option and Paladin becoming an option for this race?
    It is a heavily requested race/class combo and there are already undead pallys in the lore.
    Short Answer: Nothing, nothing at all.

Longer Answer: Obviously we have finnicky crap about the light affecting undead but this has long been semi-retconned or almost outright retconned completley at this point since we have enough evidence to suggest after multiple expansions the light has very little impact on death infact, its actually the opposite based on the Jailor does to Anduin.

We have, more recently in Legion had information that suggests the army of the light is actually not as pick-and-choosy as they pretend to be, infact, its implied they will take on just about anyone with an edgy past (see illidan) if they can bolster their ranks and power, since we get the idea that the army of the light may be in a pretty dire situation.

My suspicion, is they need mass recruitment/domination in order to fix their rapidly declining numbers because their fanatics are at this point their last loyal followers since some have begun to, logically, question the nature of the light.

I think Locus Walker mentioned something about this in a thousand years of war but it implied that the void tells a thousand lies that may be true while the light tells one truth that is false.

In short, the Light tells you a nice half-truth and hides darker secrets, and my implication of this is that, even the undead can be affixed with light energy, like Dreadwalkers can, but more than likely, this binds you to the Light in its time of need, aka: theres some kind of sublminal mind control at work.

Going back to the point, yes, its more than likely that the light will recruit the undead because it needs new fanatics, and what fanatacism is better than the promise of redemption?