Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Is Lakeshire gone?

I was just playing the Kyrian covenant campaign and you are sent to get the soul of a man that just died and you see the way he died and he died because the scourge overrun the town (probably because the lich king is no more) and killed him, the people gather at the town hall but the kyrian that it is with you says they ill never make it.

So.. is Lakeshire gone as a town (lorewise)??

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure the Stormwind army will take care of the invasion, once word reaches.

5+ Year Old Account
    No, scourge invaded Lakeshire a while ago and then Stormwind forces arrived and the problem was fixed. This was in the Lich King expansion. It’s like a flash back quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    No, scourge invaded Lakeshire a while ago and then Stormwind forces arrived and the problem was fixed. This was in the Lich King expansion. It’s like a flash back quest.
    why would it be lich king era?? the Kyrian just found the soul, which mean he died not so long ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    why would it be lich king era?? the Kyrian just found the soul, which mean he died not so long ago.
    Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    i just checked wowpedia, it says it happened recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Allatar View Post
    Nope, Arbiter is off to this time, so its after-prepatch era.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Nope, Arbiter is off to this time, so its after-prepatch era.
    I think it is meant to be during pre-patch. Scourge went rampant for a minute again after Sylvanas broke the helm of domination. While I have no official source on this, I am pretty sure that is the reason for the Lakeshire invasion.

We never did find Ben in Torghast to become a follower.
    Retail sucks. Classic sucks. No positivity, only negative feedback. Why is everybody so damn miserable? Must be somebody else's fault, it couldn't possibly be my INSANELY TOXIC ATTITUDE.

7+ Year Old Account
    What? no.

The quest was during current day Lakeshire, not wrath.
    Kyrians don't travel through time.

Formerly known as Arafal

Lorewise, we know that the Scourge are still a threat and that the Ebon Blade is discussing dealing with some of the intelligent ones to prevent them from taking charge; this was during the gathering for Sylvanas' sentencing. We have not received any word regarding the state of the Scourge on EK or Kalimdor, as far as I'm aware, and thus Lakeshire may or may not still be there.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know. All we know is that the Scourge is running rampant without the crown and that we can push them back and handle them with some work. So, it is more likely that Lakeshire got saved by the Alliance forces in defense than gone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

High-King Turalyon stated that the Alliance military should be redeployed in Lordaeron to reclaim former Alliance holdings there.

Lakeshire and the other isolated towns of the South have their own militias that are capable of defending themselves. They do not require aid from the Alliance to deal with a few shambling corpses.

The mindless Scourge is not a concern for the Alliance. Of course, the same can't be said for Quel'Thalas, but I digress.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-17 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    High-King Turalyon stated that the Alliance military should be redeployed in Lordaeron to reclaim former Alliance holdings there.

Lakeshire and the other isolated towns of the South have their own militias that are capable of defending themselves. They do not require aid from the Alliance to deal with a few shambling corpses.

The mindless Scourge is not a concern for the Alliance. Of course, the same can't be said for Quel'Thalas, but I digress.
    Pardon me, he ain't High King (Most likely will never be, as all the other race leaders have to agree), nor King (yet). Though, he is High Exarch and Regent of Stormwind.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

No way, the Lakeshire bridge is clearly in it's finished post cataclysm state:

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Pardon me, he ain't High King (Most likely will never be, as all the other race leaders have to agree), nor King (yet). Though, he is High Exarch and Regent of Stormwind.
    Formalities are irrelevant.

He was named by the previous High King (currently wandering aimlessly in the Maw and not willing to return) Lord Commander of All Alliance forces. He sits on the throne of Stormwind with the complete support of the House of Nobles, which was always pivotal for any monarch of Stormwind. The Alliance and Stormwind belong to him.

Don't worry though, the Dracthyr recruitment scenario will clear this once and for all. They'll go talk to Turalyon to join the Alliance, just like pandas talked to the late High King Varian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formalities are irrelevant.

He was named by the previous High King (currently wandering aimlessly in the Maw and not willing to return) Lord Commander of All Alliance forces. He sits on the throne of Stormwind with the complete support of the House of Nobles, which was always pivotal for any monarch of Stormwind. The Alliance and Stormwind belong to him.

Don't worry though, the Dracthyr recruitment scenario will clear this once and for all. They'll go talk to Turalyon to join the Alliance, just like pandas talked to the late High King Varian.
    Aye, Lord commander, no king title yet. I know House of Nobles supports Turalyon since he's keener on igniting human/elf dominance.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    I think time in Shadowlands flies faster. I’m not sure though. Scourge invading Lakeshire now that Sylvanas is gone is also possible.

Are the other towns still there?, westfall was in the middle of a civil war in cataclysm and isnt the town in duskwood gone in legion??

Lakeshire was fine, but some Cult of the Damned members bombed the bridge during the battle in an attempt to cut off Stormwind reinforcements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.