Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been posted by now, but it probably has:

https://immortal.maxroll.gg/news/max...mmortal-branch

I applaud those guys for not wanting to smoke the copium any more. Hats off to them for this choice. I also saw the youtube video as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBn5ESh3Xl8

It is interesting that Maxroll supports Lost Ark (a very expensive pay-to-win game), but not Diablo Immortal.

Blizzard doesn't get it.
    F2P games are supposed to give some freebies to F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Do you know what a paywall is. Or a wall. It's something you hit and have trouble overcoming. --

It's only pay to win if you want to win!

I mean, why would anyone want to become an immortal in Diablo Immortal. Theres only a bit of content hidden behind becoming one. Who cares, we don't need to do that content to have fun. Just grind elder rift levels ad infinitum, that's fun right? /s

Your personal tolerance for bullshit isn't the glowing endorsement for the game you think it is. I was able to get 300+ hours out of 2042, doesn't mean it wasn't one the worst battlefield games to date. You're allowed to enjoy what you enjoy, criticising the game for it shortcomings doesn't invalidate the enjoyment you got from it.

Objectively, blizzard got greedy, even by mobile P2W standards.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

People are still playing this??

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Even crazier, people are still defending this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently so. It's making a million dollars a day.

https://kotaku.com/diablo-immortal-e...ile-1849144951
    As first reported by Mobilegamer.biz, data from AppMagic seems to indicate that Blizzard’s Diablo spin-off is raking in the cash. According to the data, in the game’s first week it was downloaded 6.85 million times. By July 3, that number increased to 10.35 million downloads. And while not all of these players likely stuck around or spent money, enough players did that on June 11 Immortal racked up $2.4 million in revenue, its best day so far. 30 days after release, Immortal has earned $48,988,970, according to AppMagic’s data.

Keep in mind that all of these numbers don’t include the PC version of the game. Also, AppMagic’s data is based on what developers earn after Apple and Google take their cuts. So with that in mind, it’s very likely that Diablo Immortal’s total revenue is far higher than the reported $48.9 million this data shows. For many of you reading this, that’s probably not the news you wanted to hear.
    This was always the likely scenario. Who knows how long it will last but when revenue slacks off they'll make adjustments. I do agree that the secret to getting F2P players to spend a little bit is to give them a bit more in rewards. That's lacking now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Even crazier, people are still defending this.
    It's not going to go away because you disapprove. It's fine to do as F2P and not spend anything. Got 20 minutes and want to kill some demons? Great for that. I could not care less about the store or the MTX.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-07-05 at 11:46 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

People are just gonna rage about it until it's not trendy to rage about anymore, then they'll all forget and move on to the next thing that the youtube algorithm aims them at.

Meanwhile people who enjoy it will just keep rolling along letting the haters hate.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Apparently so. It's making a million dollars a day.

https://kotaku.com/diablo-immortal-e...ile-1849144951

This was always the likely scenario. Who knows how long it will last but when revenue slacks off they'll make adjustments. I do agree that the secret to getting F2P players to spend a little bit is to give them a bit more in rewards. That's lacking now.
    Looking at the appmagic data, revenue has been trending downwards since about day 10 and I'd expect this trend to continue in western regions. Asia-Pacific will give it a boost, but no mainland China release will kill its earning long term.

It's not going to go away because you disapprove. It's fine to do as F2P and not spend anything. Got 20 minutes and want to kill some demons? Great for that. I could not care less about the store or the MTX.
    The "the game is actually really good, I just wish it didn't have the predatory F2P element" wore off really fast. It's an objectively bad game, a simplified version of D3 with a few extra gimmicks thrown in. I felt ashamed and disheartened for the Diablo franchise after playing to 60

10+ Year Old Account
    Why not? It's an MMORPG with a lot of content, you can keep playing daily without problem, I am, and will keep going for many hundreds of hours. I find the game absolutely fantastic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    It is interesting that Maxroll supports Lost Ark (a very expensive pay-to-win game), but not Diablo Immortal.

Blizzard doesn't get it.
    F2P games are supposed to give some freebies to F2P.
    Maxroll have 0 integrity and are unprofessional. I got banned from their Discord for saying, and I mean ONLY THIS: That I think Diablo Immortal is a good game. I didn't defend the P2W system even, nor criticized their decision, I just said I loved the game and so many people got tilted I guess they demanded me banned for that. Pathetic site.

Why not? It's an MMORPG with a lot of content, you can keep playing daily without problem, I am, and will keep going for many hundreds of hours. I find the game absolutely fantastic.
    Because it's a bad game. The entire framework of how the game is designed with rewards for logging in, rewards for first kill, all this drip feeding of dopamine to create habits is fucked. To think this is the same company in name that created D2 is incomprehensible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's a bad game. The entire framework of how the game is designed with rewards for logging in, rewards for first kill, all this drip feeding of dopamine to create habits is fucked. To think this is the same company in name that created D2 is incomprehensible.

I think D2 is a terrible game. Stiff controls, confusing skill system, a stupid stamina meter, slowpaced combat, spam potions to live, horrible inventory system (always full cause carrying charms) etc. I think D2 is bad.

I love D3 though, fixed all the problems I saw in D2. And DI is even better than D3, with even better controls, even more fun combat (moving and attacking for instance is freaking amazing).

If you put aside the P2W for a second, you still got an amazing game in DI.

I think D2 is a terrible game. Stiff controls, confusing skill system, a stupid stamina meter, slowpaced combat, spam potions to live, horrible inventory system (always full cause carrying charms) etc. I think D2 is bad.

I love D3 though, fixed all the problems I saw in D2. And DI is even better than D3, with even better controls, even more fun combat (moving and attacking for instance is freaking amazing).

If you put aside the P2W for a second, you still got an amazing game in DI.
    The skill system in D2 is incredibly simple but offers great depth with how you go about building a character in early, mid and late game.

Besides the stamina, which is really only an issue early game and is stupid, most other aspects of D2 are fantastic. It is why it has lasted 22 years with continuous seasons and, a remaster and ongoing updates.

The itemisation in D2 is incredibly rich and has trading. D2 is all about compromises and trade-offs, whether that's inventory management, player power or magic find etc, ubers killer or AOE etc. It's part of what makes it so rewarding to play.

D3 is very static in it's design loop and offers no longer-term playability outside of the first week of a new season, especially since you can't trade anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    The skill system in D2 is incredibly simple but offers great depth with how you go about building a character in early, mid and late game.

Besides the stamina, which is really only an issue early game and is stupid, most other aspects of D2 are fantastic. It is why it has lasted 22 years with continuous seasons and, a remaster and ongoing updates.

The itemisation in D2 is incredibly rich and has trading. D2 is all about compromises and trade-offs, whether that's inventory management, player power or magic find etc, ubers killer or AOE etc. It's part of what makes it so rewarding to play.

D3 is very static in it's design loop and offers no longer-term playability outside of the first week of a new season, especially since you can't trade anything.

I guess we like different types of games then. I do know some people like D2, I just can't understand it personally though. I don't like "immersion" so to speak, I hate that you have to buy potions, indentification scrolls, town portals. Why are these consumeables instead of cooldowns? I think inventory management is just awful, want my buffs other ways. D2 is an OLD game, everything feels outdated, nothing feels modern and convinient, to me that sucks.

D3 is more simple and easy to learn. Compare the skill system. D3 is basically a list, you pick 6 out of like 30 skills and a rune, done. No speccing/talents, you can change any time free, no problems. D2 is far, far more complicated and I hate complicated.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2022-07-06 at 01:55 AM.

I guess we like different types of games then. I do know some people like D2, I just can't understand it personally though. I don't like "immersion" so to speak, I hate that you have to buy potions, indentification scrolls, town portals. Why are these consumeables instead of cooldowns? I think inventory management is just awful, want my buffs other ways. D2 is an OLD game, everything feels outdated, nothing feels modern and convinient, to me that sucks.

D3 is more simple and easy to learn. Compare the skill system. D3 is basically a list, you pick 6 out of like 30 skills and a rune, done. No speccing/talents, you can change any time free, no problems. D2 is far, far more complicated and I hate complicated.
    D2 definitely has an old design to it, but there have been some QoL changes in D2R/patch 2.4 that modernise things a slightly without compromising the design philosophy. I find D3 watered much of that down into a game that is almost unrecognisable to it's predecessor

It's certainly a complex game, but I still learn things even after decades of playing. I would steer clear of PoE then if you find D2 complex haha

10+ Year Old Account
    It's an objectively bad game...
    It's subjective. You think it's bad. Others, apparently enough to be generating a million dollars a day, think otherwise. Subjectivity all the way.

I imagine there will be a China release at some point. Having a banned Weibo account is not the same thing as cancelling a release altogether. There's no indication one way or the other on release in China so that is a wait and see thing.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It's subjective. You think it's bad. Others, apparently enough to be generating a million dollars a day, think otherwise. Subjectivity all the way.

I imagine there will be a China release at some point. Having a banned Weibo account is not the same thing as cancelling a release altogether. There's no indication one way or the other on release in China so that is a wait and see thing.
    People are entitled to hold wrong opinions

It's subjective. You think it's bad. Others, apparently enough to be generating a million dollars a day
    I doubt it generates a million dollars a day now.
    For games like Diablo Immortal, you have to play on day 1 or you will never catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    I doubt it generates a million dollars a day now.
    For games like Diablo Immortal, you have to play on day 1 or you will never catch up.
    It kept up at the same pace, last time I saw news on it was just a couple of days ago at 49 million since release. Tomorrow new battle pass starts, we should have some announcement today.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess we like different types of games then. I do know some people like D2, I just can't understand it personally though. I don't like "immersion" so to speak, I hate that you have to buy potions, indentification scrolls, town portals. Why are these consumeables instead of cooldowns? I think inventory management is just awful, want my buffs other ways. D2 is an OLD game, everything feels outdated, nothing feels modern and convinient, to me that sucks..
    See I hate that it often comes to this when we talk immersion. Low level D&D is like that, you track consumables, you have to care about inventory and traveling. But as your level increases these become less of an issue; you get ever increasing bags of holding that make inventory limits nearly limitless (well they need to still have limits because D&D players are exactly the people who would try to literally rip the tiles of the dungeon if they thought they could sell them for a copper), potions either become useless or readily available, and consumable items are replaced by at-will items.
    It would not take a lot to have a quest or simple let you purchase a Greater Tome of Identify that simply gives you infinite identification. You maintain the flavor and remove the inventory cost.

Like wow had no reason to remove quivers and arrows. Just give magical quivers that create infinite arrows instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    D2 definitely has an old design to it, but there have been some QoL changes in D2R/patch 2.4 that modernise things a slightly without compromising the design philosophy. I find D3 watered much of that down into a game that is almost unrecognisable to it's predecessor

It's certainly a complex game, but I still learn things even after decades of playing. I would steer clear of PoE then if you find D2 complex haha
    Yeah, I really dislike PoE as well, it reminds me too much of D2.

I prefer D3 and Lost Ark, and Immortal feels like a hybrid of D3 and Lost Ark, making it a sweet game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Objectively, blizzard got greedy, even by mobile P2W standards.
    Except they didn't, they are milking people the same way as all other p2w games do. Their past reputation is the only reason people are upset with them.