The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    What if that’s how you have fun? The two are not mutually exclusive.
    Well then either unleash your credit card or find another game.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    The game is actually really good especially the way you can upgrade your new gear for free. That alone says they are trying to make it good. Anyone who hates on this hasn’t ever played an actual p2w game…
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Surprised?

I'm not. Finally, the internal monologue of blizzard has been shown to the public. JFC.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Not everything is monetized.

The problem is that people are crying that they can't get "super ultra maximum optimized BIS in every slot and stat" without shelling out money.
    The main issue is how heavily its advertised imo

Most people wouldnt really care that much if it wasn't so intrusive. And that side of the monetization is skeevy in how it uses psychology to take advantage of people's poor impulse control

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    The people defending this stuff don't seem to understand the harm its going to bring to the gaming industry in general. I feel this will be Battlefront 2 (2.0) and more eyes are going to be on it.

The game is already banned in a few countries as it is.
    I think that they just don't care tbh.
    A lot of people have the attitude that it isn't their problem until it's forced to be their problem, but, by the time it becomes their problem, it's usually too late to do anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    The game is actually really good especially the way you can upgrade your new gear for free. That alone says they are trying to make it good. Anyone who hates on this hasn’t ever played an actual p2w game…
    Oh fuck off.

I've played gacha games more fairly monetized than this evil bs.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Rules are not fair in D2 and D3 also because whoever can play more has the upper hand.
    Yes - this is how it used to be.
    You play more = you are higher rank or better geared.
    Everything is totally closed just to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    And having more time to waste in videogames is not skill related, you have it or you don’t.
    In Diablo 2 you could gain advantage in 2 ways: you played alot and farmed great gear or you are more skilled in PvP duels.
    In Diablo 3 you had an advantage by spending hours farming good rolled legendaries and high paragons.
    In D:I case these are irrelevant as person who paid most will win regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    I think that they just don't care tbh.
    A lot of people have the attitude that it isn't their problem until it's forced to be their problem, but, by the time it becomes their problem, it's usually too late to do anything about it.
    Of course they care they just don't see it as a huge issue because there is no cost for entry. It's a question of what exactly are you entitled to for free when you are charged nothing to play? Most people would probably say very little.

Battlefront 2 got alot of blowback because of the initial entry fee but I gaurantee people would have tolerated alot of those systems more if the game itself was free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Yes - this is how it used to be.
    You play more = you are higher rank or better geared.
    Everything is totally closed just to the game.

In Diablo 2 you could gain advantage in 2 ways: you played alot and farmed great gear or you are more skilled in PvP duels.
    In Diablo 3 you had an advantage by spending hours farming good rolled legendaries and high paragons.
    In D:I case these are irrelevant as person who paid most will win regardless.
    Maybe they made it cost 110k to max out your char fast because that is not what you are expected to do? If you play casually you get some crests for free and gear up slowly or get a boost by spending a bit of real money along the way. Paying that 110k gets you the best gear and all the gems so why do you even play after that? It's like buying a boost to full bis and hall of fame in WoW. What do you even do after that? It is supposed to be prohibitively expensive so not as many people even try to minmax that fast. Im pretty sure anyone who spends more than 100$ is in the minority.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    People like you are the reason they can get away with literally anything. Include one good feature among all the crap and the sheep will follow you to the end of the world.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    It's a predatory business model. They're banking on child-whales.
    Child whales? That sounds more like a parenting issue then a video game one, also adults are the target audience for DI.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Of course they care they just don't see it as a huge issue because there is no cost for entry. It's a question of what exactly are you entitled to for free when you are charged nothing to play? Most people would probably say very little.

Battlefront 2 got alot of blowback because of the initial entry fee but I gaurantee people would have tolerated alot of those systems more if the game itself was free.
    Potentially, but Halo Infinite's multiplayer is free to play, has no pay to win elements involved whatsoever, and it's still HEAVILY criticized for being a lackluster experience in terms of both gameplay AND the amount of customization options that are available.

There's a ton of people who are discontent with the battlepass system and the fact that they removed so many free options in order to sell them back to you later via the shop all while knowing the cost to enter is nothing.

Potentially, but Halo Infinite's multiplayer is free to play, has no pay to win elements involved whatsoever, and it's still HEAVILY criticized for being a lackluster experience in terms of both gameplay AND the amount of customization options that are available.

There's a ton of people who are discontent with the battlepass system and the fact that they removed so many free options in order to sell them back to you later via the shop all while knowing the cost to enter is nothing.
    Of course people would be upset if the game itself sucked that's an entirely different argument that has nothing to do with monetization.

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    The main issue is how heavily its advertised imo

Most people wouldnt really care that much if it wasn't so intrusive. And that side of the monetization is skeevy in how it uses psychology to take advantage of people's poor impulse control
    Still waiting for the point in which I can see heavy advertisements. Level 32 now and saw maybe a couple.

Unless the little red dots here and there are considered “heavy advertising”.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do wonder how low the % of active players Blizzard has atm, probably lowest it ever has been and probably still dropping hard as we speak.
    Funny how once the king of games is now probably the worst of them all.

Greed sure does kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Wait a sec. Is there really a dungeon where you get nothing but a discount code on completion, or is this some kind of exaggeration?

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Of course people would be upset if the game itself sucked that's an entirely different argument that has nothing to do with monetization.
    Right, but I'm saying even the non-pay to win store elements are being criticized. The monetization scheme is specifically being called out for being bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    Wait a sec. Is there really a dungeon where you get nothing but a discount code on completion, or is this some kind of exaggeration?
    Definitely an exaggeration. You get rewards for completion but first time you complete a dungeon the game will offer you a one time discount on an item bundle.

I usually just ignore them and move on but apparently this is too aggressive for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    Maybe they made it cost 110k to max out your char fast because that is not what you are expected to do?
    100k $$ is lower border from i've read.
    Some estimates are going to 500k $$... but the final amount is not that important here imho.

If you play casually you get some crests for free and gear up slowly or get a boost by spending a bit of real money along the way. Paying that 110k gets you the best gear and all the gems so why do you even play after that? It's like buying a boost to full bis and hall of fame in WoW. What do you even do after that? It is supposed to be prohibitively expensive so not as many people even try to minmax that fast.
    Now google how long would GUARANTEE F2P player one 5-star gem. SPOILER: 50 months.
    Above number is 'pity version' (when you are really unlucky you are guaranteed to gain one after 50th Rift with legendary crest AFAIK) so you can probably do it 'just' in half of this time.
    I think there are 10 (? not sure about correct number) legendary gems (not sure about final amount) so... yeah... good luck maxing your character. :P

Im pretty sure anyone who spends more than 100$ is in the minority.
    Absolute assumption without any data.
    Personally i think majority people playing this easily spent between 100-1000$... but it is only my guess.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-06-06 at 03:43 PM.

Right, but I'm saying even the non-pay to win store elements are being criticized. The monetization scheme is specifically being called out for being bad.
    What non p2w elements are being criticized? because other than the price of the horn of plenty most complaints seem centered around the cost of legendary crests which help get legendary gems.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    Absolute assumption without any data.
    Personally i think majority people playing this easily spent between 100-1000$... but it is only my guess.
    This is a stupid assumption. People play f2p games because they don't want to spend alot of money. They spend maybe 5 or 20 dollars a month. But split across a million players that's still alot of revenue.