Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    1. Diablo Immortal is now the worst rated game on Metacritic - and probably many other rating sites as well. Its user score has fallen to 0.2 and even the professional reviewer score has dropped since launch.
    The incredible thing is people actually take metacritic seriously, especially when streamers have been cashing in on the controversy and telling their followers what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    it does, its important proof of how people ignore logic and only use raw emotions when rating something, and how people are able to rate something they literaly brag about never even trying
    Well you can look at the number and quality of positive reviews and ignore the negative ones, there really aren't that many and most of them are along the lines of "Hey I'm level 49, having a great time, not seeing any caps yet".

It's kind of hard to defend a game that wants to charge you hundreds to thousand of dollars to make basic progression on your character. The fact that awakening gear for the 30% increased damage, 30% reduced cooldowns, and unlocking resonance is paywalled for a minimum of $85 is ludicrous.

The sheer number of anti-player decisions made in the design process are baffling.

Even the hardcore diablo fans and blizzard fanboys covering the game with guides and positive content have been pretty openly negative on the monetization. Not just for emulating a P2W F2P model, but exceeding all expectations that came with it. Whales like Shroud, Mr. I'll drop 20-40k on this game easy, re-thinking it after discovering it might take 10x that to get anywhere near the max.

From 30 million pre-registered, to 10m downloads, to 6m sales. They aren't converting very well. Because the value just isn't there. They've really screwed themselves, any major changes to pricing now will just piss off the existing whales.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    The incredible thing is people actually take metacritic seriously, especially when streamers have been cashing in on the controversy and telling their followers what to think.
    By showing them real gameplay, and the experience of spending thousands of dollars and getting nothing?
    So misleading. /s
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Worse, many of the streamers have been pouring hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars into the game to prove how awful it is. All of that making the game look great to the shareholders who couldn't give two shits about the Metacritic ratings as long as the cash is rolling in.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    By showing them real gameplay, and the experience of spending thousands of dollars and getting nothing?
    So misleading. /s
    Yes, the players are outraged that random is loot based. So enlightening. /s
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Im happy i cant play Diablo Predatory Pay2Wintal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    good will? from blizzard "fans"?!
    blizzard is getting negative reactions for things people ASKED FOR, there is no chance anything they would ever do would bring solid amount of good will...
    they could make a pill that prevents cancer and people would whine that you have to use it too often...
    this isn't just fans, its bad press from the media too. No one except Blizzard shills would be happy there is predatory practices in their games. and I don't even wanna try and mention the lawsuit against Blizzard that's a whole other barrel of fish on why Blizzards good faith has fell into the toilet.

They gotta start somewhere, they haven't done anything good in over a decade. although maybe Overwatch, Overwatch got alot of good reactions, although hindsight is 50/50 these days seeing as the image of that lootbox is now the face of loot boxes when mentioned in articles about bad ethics in games lol.

Metacritic is like the Rotten tomatoes of gaming. :P

Even I don't agree with the Diablo Immortal 0.3 rating. ITs more a protest and outrage indicator. Which is funny as Blizzard has that in spades on that site. I'd personally have the game be a 50%/5/10. It doesn't deserve a 0.3, I have seen some 0.3 games Diablo Immortal isnt it. I mean sure the shitty stuff they put into it is maybe worth the score but that's a massive disrespect to the devs who look like they worked hard on the part of that game that's actually the good part. lol
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-06-12 at 02:43 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

When someone actually gives blizzard money for 5x 5/5 gems and ranks them all up. (2591 CR)
    Last edited by Jerot; 2022-06-12 at 10:42 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to sublimate salt into hate
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    People acting like the user score on metacritic means anything.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by james2400 View Post
    Diablo Immortal is still salvagable! there is a great game under all this crap just needs a overhaul a Square Enix type of intervention heck they removed the d3 RMAH they can do the same overhaul to this.
    I also would hope Blizzard would rein in some of the MTX aspects there. I am not holding my breath for actual revolution there, it's a mobile game with all the mobile gacha crap and that won't go anywhere. But maybe they will calm the fuck down with having multiple "subs" and two dozen currencies that exist mostly for sake of shop sales.

All in all it's a decent stepping stone Diablo game before D4.

There are really cool features there that I'd love to have in D4 like the whole Shadow/Immortal struggle thing is cool AF, IMO. I also like how for D:I they intend to allow you to have a main rather than expecting to start fresh every season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I also would hope Blizzard would rein in some of the MTX aspects there. I am not holding my breath for actual revolution there, it's a mobile game with all the mobile gacha crap and that won't go anywhere. But maybe they will calm the fuck down with having multiple "subs" and two dozen currencies that exist mostly for sake of shop sales.
    I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed, what would they do to make it up to the mega-whales that already spent so much money?

They would get sued back into the stone age for messing with thousands of dollars of transactions. And if anyone can afford the lawyers to do it, these people can, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    I'm pretty sure that ship has sailed, what would they do to make it up to the mega-whales that already spent so much money?

They would get sued back into the stone age for messing with thousands of dollars of transactions. And if anyone can afford the lawyers to do it, these people can, lol.
    Ehh, I mean - people were saying same about D3 RMAH.

And it's a Diablo game - all these 5 star gems and shit that are like catching a unicorn now, it is likely in a year you'd be shitting them and it will be some new 10 star or 5 skulls gems that will be all the rush.

All the shit that is in-game now will be soft retired before long, that's why it makes little to no sense to pay shitton $$$ for it. I find it funny people don't realize that.

Quote Originally Posted by afishman View Post
    Im level 26 and its pretty fun so far? It probably sucks at max level lol
    Campaign is really good and also the side activities while leveling.

You will probably hit the paywall somewhere during endgame, but why not enjoy it for free until it lasts?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Campaign is really good and also the side activities while leveling.

You will probably hit the paywall somewhere during endgame, but why not enjoy it for free until it lasts?
    You just have to go into the game knowing, and set your expectation. I am totally willing to pay up for a game i enjoy, hell, i probably sank $1,000 in hearthstone in the course of 8 years. But hearthstone gave me 1,000s of hours of game time, and with the pack i bought, allowed me to play different class and decks. But over 8 years, I'm not even sure where will D4 be in 8 years, or if $120 a year is enough to enjoy competitive play.
    So yeah, i don't want to invest in D4 for now, which pretty much leave me the campaign. And Diablo games strength isn't exactly the solo campaign or the story usually.

Got a 1-star gem from the Battle Pass rank 20 legendary crest.
    The next time I will login is July 1, because the next legendary crest is July 1 from Hilts Trader.

In the meantime, Lost Ark is flooded with players.
    The queue size is 10000+ at 4am.
    Good to see a game is killing Diablo Immortal and WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    The irony of the Hearthstone comparisons is that I can load up D:I and just play any class through the campaign with no issues.

As opposed to Hearthstone where a new player is ages (or some money) away from just being able to make a deck they'll enjoy.

Of course, it's not apples to apples, I know that. But I can play D:I without investing a thing and do basically anything I feel like.
    Except you get a tier 2 deck right from the start as a new player if you decide to skip the apprentice ranks...
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

On the launch day, Hearthstone F2P players can reach Legend Rank.
    A few youtubers did that.

In fact, ALL gacha games have a hidden rule that F2P players must able to finish the game. Although it can be very grinding ...
    On the launch day, all gacha games give tons of freebies, except Diablo Immortal.

I am very disappointed with Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Green View Post
    I want to find a discount code for mmo-Champion. Is there any discount code here?
    I was told by a few people that the website Dazzdeals specializes in providing pretty good discounts. People with shopping needs can use it to get a discount code to spend more economically.
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    notice how we had those things and still had games that came out and you bought it once and that was the whole amount you'd end up paying for it. it's almost as if this push towards microtransactions wasn't a thing until the 7th generation consoles.
    wasnt a thing till the smart phone made it a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post

In fact, ALL gacha games have a hidden rule that F2P players must able to finish the game. Although it can be very grinding ...
    On the launch day, all gacha games give tons of freebies, except Diablo Immortal.

I am very disappointed with Blizzard.
    Just because it's called legendary rank doesn't mean that it's a set of legendary BiS gear.

It was very easy to reach Legendary Rank in Hearthstone - it's a PvP game.

You also as easily can finish Diablo Immortal. Because it's a PvE game. You don't need "legendaries"

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Well, there was no Legend rank in HS at release, and Master 3 was so easy to reach that I don't think anyone didn't get it.

Not important to the conversation, just clarifying a detail!