The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    What a troll.

So... A developer create a grind and then provides a short cut via cash. Are you really understanding this?
    You say grind as if it's something bad. Is it bad simply because there's a paid shortcut?

it's always this funny with people like you. Grinding season in D3 like there's no tomorrow - but a grind in a f2p game - IT IS HITLER.

Devs make the game with grind and everything for player to enjoy playing because they need players because the more people play the game the more people will pay. It's simple math.

Then they give the shortcuts for money for players who don't want to "regular" player experience.

In the days of old - we used console commands to give us items or money. And sometimes we just IDDQDIDKFA. Fucking predatory shortcuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    At this stage I cannot fathom what is wrong with you other than you may actually work for Blizzard, have a proper fetish of sadistic nature or are just trying to be edgy and contrarian.
    Oh that earily looks like the lyrics to the popular song... hm let me remember what it's called...

AH

The Insult by Cognitive Dissonance.

Great band.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    When you start walking, everything is peachy, but then you start to get tired, thirsty and achy. And then there is this section of the road that is blocked off because of construction works and you have to detour thru mud or add extra hour to your travel. You decide to spend the night at the motel and it ain't free. And it is very conveniently placed. Like they planned it. And there's a shop there and a diner. Fucking predatory monetization.
    Then you learn that the dude who built the road was actually the owner of the motel, the shop, and the diner, and he built the start of the road to make it look nice, then purposely fucked it up so you would either have a miserable time through the mud or end up paying for the motel even though it would've been fine otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you learn that the dude who built the road was actually the owner of the motel, the shop, and the diner, and he built the start of the road to make it look nice, then purposely fucked it up so you would either have a miserable time through the mud or end up paying for the motel even though it would've been fine otherwise.
    Happens all the time. You see a motel is built on land, and land is also owned and road is on the land and the owner of the land might be very well the owner of that section of the road.

Now you are getting closer to understanding the peculiarities of life and the inherent unfairness in it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh that earily looks like the lyrics to the popular song... hm let me remember what it's called...

AH

The Insult by Cognitive Dissonance.

Great band.
    I tried to be nice as saying that you are either trolling or actually mentally retarded will get me banned (for the nth time).

Oh no...!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to be nice as saying that you are either trolling or actually mentally retarded will get me banned (for the nth time).

Oh no...!
    Smart people just move on. No need to get cross. it's not like I'm gonna die if you are not responding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Just like every other mobile p2w game that has pvp modes
    I think in Lost Ark all gear and skills are equalized in PVP. That's what they should've done here.

It would be just another popup when you first start the game, which will ask you to agree to the fact that there's a shop and shop related notifications and functionality inside the game - or the game doesn't start.

You see with regulations - the company only needs to not be liable for damages. Not to do exactly what you want them to do.
    I am saying it would be good to have not what the most cynical outcome is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smart people just move on. No need to get cross. it's not like I'm gonna die if you are not responding.
    I'm not really that stubborn, but I am somewhat autistic and enjoy being mean to you Elim. I just think there is nothing anyone will say that will make you change your opinion, and that same thing applies to me. As a bear, it is only natural that I tend to verbal aggression, everyone knows that's what bears do.

Happens all the time. You see a motel is built on land, and land is also owned and road is on the land and the owner of the land might be very well the owner of that section of the road.

Now you are getting closer to understanding the peculiarities of life and the inherent unfairness in it.
    Finally, now it makes full fucking sense. Because we all play games because we want more "life", ey? Come on.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2022-06-06 at 06:33 PM.

So let me get this straight... first F2P mobile game you played ever?

It's free. You play it for free. You don't want to buy anything - fine. But you dare complain they try to sell you something?

How about that - if you enjoy the game as much as, say D3, buy stuff worth $60 in the shop (as if you bought the game) and enjoy. Not necessarily in one go. You can pace your patronage.

Sounds fair?
    No. How about they sell the game for a flat fee, and with that, you get access to all the content and no single player gets a paid advantage.

Stop simping for awful business practices and anticonsumerism.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I am saying it would be good to have not what the most cynical outcome is.
    The "cynical" outcome is what you would have if you require it. It would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    No. How about they sell the game for a flat fee, and with that, you get access to all the content and no single player gets a paid advantage.
    Wait let me get this straight. You don't want to have options? You want them to just charge you in one go the full amount? Simply because you are afraid someone might pay more than you?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is nothing new for a mobile game. However you do get a reward for clearing the first dungeon it just also advertises a "new player" bundle. Does it have to be there? Nope. But not really anything new if you've played mobile games before. Also are you by chance confusing the bundle with the "daily reward" in the shop? This just seems like a rant about "Current-gen" games when DI isn't even a current gen. It is a mobile game which haven't really had any kind of "generation" to them.

Just come to terms you aren't the target audience and move on. There really isn't a need to rant about it unless you want to be the target audience but also don't want to spend the money.
    It's ok because its mobile!

fuck off

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I think in Lost Ark all gear and skills are equalized in PVP. That's what they should've done here.
    Genshin Impact proved that the company can make lots of money without PvP, without gate the main story, without tons of bundles and without grinding.
    The most important part is the game has to be unique with good graphics.

Diablo Immortal is the opposite.
    PvP - check
    Tons of bundles - check
    Grinding - check
    Unique - cheap version of Diablo 3
    Good Graphic - 10-year old graphic engine

I doubt Diablo Immortal will do well.
    True Diablo fans can save money by just playing Diablo 2 and 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Stop simping for awful business practices and anticonsumerism.
    I wasn't notified that consuming is now considered anticonsumerism. Did they change consumerism to "free stuff"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Genshin Impact proved that the company can make lots of money without PvP, without gate the main story, without tons of bundles and without grinding.
    The most important part is the game has to be unique with good graphics.

Diablo Immortal is the opposite.
    PvP - check
    Tons of bundles - check
    Grinding - check
    Unique - cheap version of Diablo 3
    Good Graphic - 10-year old graphic engine

I doubt Diablo Immortal will do well.
    True Diablo fans can save money by just playing Diablo 2 and 3.
    There are bundles in Genshin Impact and every single one of them is a lootbox, and the items are not cosmetic. *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    People like you are the reason they can get away with literally anything. Include one good feature among all the crap and the sheep will follow you to the end of the world.
    you sir are a retard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Oh fuck off.

I've played gacha games more fairly monetized than this evil bs.
    obv u have not. good day ma'am
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

It evokes deep disgust inside me seeing a streamer delete $5000 in 2 days, which will then inevitably be used as tax writeoff as business expenditure.

Congratz New Zealand tax payers for sending Blizzard money, I guess?

You say grind as if it's something bad. Is it bad simply because there's a paid shortcut?

it's always this funny with people like you. Grinding season in D3 like there's no tomorrow - but a grind in a f2p game - IT IS HITLER.

Devs make the game with grind and everything for player to enjoy playing because they need players because the more people play the game the more people will pay. It's simple math.

Then they give the shortcuts for money for players who don't want to "regular" player experience.

In the days of old - we used console commands to give us items or money. And sometimes we just IDDQDIDKFA. Fucking predatory shortcuts.
    Have you not seen the math? You literally cannot get a 5-star gem unless you use a Legendary Crest. You can only obtain ONE Legendary Crest per month if you don't spend money, and using one crest gives you a 4.5% chance to get a 5 start gem. 1 star and 2 star gems will always roll with 1 or 2 stars, but 5 star gems can roll anywhere from 2-5 stars. The star number dictates how much power it gives the piece of gear you put it into.

You could either spend upwards of $110,000 OR ALTERNATIVELY just play the game for 41 years. That's how much time and/or money it would take to get enough 5 star gems to complete your builds.

Show me any game that requires you to spend 41 years in order to accomplish everything and I'll nod my head and agree that you're correct.

I can finish an entire Diablo 3 season in less than 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Show me any game that requires you to spend 41 years in order to accomplish everything and I'll nod my head and agree that you're correct.

I can finish an entire Diablo 3 season in less than 3 months.
    And yet you probably don't have a 100% perfectly rolled ancient piece in every single slot when finishing that season. Nor do you have level 150 legendary gems, I'm sure.

But that's what you're hand-wringing over in D:I.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    And yet you probably don't have a 100% perfectly rolled ancient piece in every single slot when finishing that season.

But that's what you're hand-wringing over in D:I.
    Not 100% no, but that's not what I'm complaining about in D:I. You still also have to GET GEAR IN D:I LOL.

Good luck getting a perfectly rolled piece of gear along with the gems.

Even still, I have plenty of non seasonal characters that are decked out in full primal ancients from just playing a few seasons. I usually get about half of my gear to be perfectly rolled by the time the season ends in 3 months. Once again, 41 years. It isn't even an issue of the grind, it's the fact that you literally cannot speed it up ANY FASTER than that. It doesn't matter if you play for 8 hours a day or 2 hours a month, you still can't gather all the 5 star gems you need for 41 years as a F2P player.

Edit: This is due to the fact that you are locked into only being able to purchase ONE Legendary Crest per month as a F2P player. You need to spend real money to get any more than ONE per month. That's why the grind takes so long as F2P.
    Last edited by Hctaz; 2022-06-06 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    if they are not having fun they should turn the game off, and problem is over...
    Well, this is a bit more complicated. My comparison is a bit stretching but the logic is similar: if you are unhappy with the tax regulations in your country, first thing you do is moving out or complain and protest? I bet it's the latter. Here is similar thing. People like/love Blizzard games so they'd want their games to be better (better in their opinion), so they could again have fun. That's why they show their disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Have you not seen the math?
    You literally cannot get a 5-star gem unless you use a Legendary Crest. You can only obtain ONE Legendary Crest per month if you don't spend money, and using one crest gives you a 4.5% chance to get a 5 start gem. 1 star and 2 star gems will always roll with 1 or 2 stars, but 5 star gems can roll anywhere from 2-5 stars. The star number dictates how much power it gives the piece of gear you put it into.
    Oooh, your Ultimate is Math? Bad choice. You should respec.

It's perfectly normal in the RELEASE version of the F2P game to not let people get everything FAST and CHEAP.
    I am amazed that it costs $110k to get maxed - amazing metric. They did a great job with the monetization system and content.
    I don't care how long it takes NOW to get that for free.

But I do want to hear your version of the timeframe for a free player to get maxed.

41 hour? Lol.

What if? Bear with me! What if they add new content that also rewards crests? What if they run an event or a season DEDICATED to provide Legendary Gems Directly? What if they change daily rewards?

I can go on. See, f2p games are live service games. GAAS - Game as a Service. It will be updated, expanded, balanced, rebalanced, finetuned to provide the best experience for the p(l)ayers - with the best revenue for developers.

What you cry about now - is nonsense.

Math my ass.

P.S. There are games I will never max out because with time I'm getting old and lose the skill to actually do the content to max the game out. THAT'S LIKE LIFE. I don't worry about nonsense like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    Well, this is a bit more complicated. My comparison is a bit stretching but the logic is similar: if you are unhappy with the tax regulations in your country, first thing you do is moving out or complain and protest? I bet it's the latter. Here is similar thing. People like/love Blizzard games so they'd want their games to be better (better in their opinion), so they could again have fun. That's why they show their disappointment.
    It's perfectly normal to show disappointment with the game, but that's not what's going on here. People are complaining about unfairness of life. Feeling entitled.
    And just like with the tax protests - they do nothing. If you want tax reduced - you elect representatives that want the same by winning an election. And if yo ucan't win an election or there's no such representative - you deal with it. There's nothing you can do. Your opinion is unpopular.