Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

no new talents since dk/druid and release in 6months?

how can the game have a release date when the talent calculators havent been put through which is the main system....

anyone else thinking 10.0 will be the real beta. and then 10.1 will be the release and then 10.2 an actual playable game. i wish they learnt from mistakes after so many years.

how can the new raid have a release date when we havent seen anything ??

Are you serious dude ? Ever heard of this ongoing Process called "WORK" ???

I'm sceptical myself.
    That being said, 6 months is a long time. We should worry in September.

an expansion not a raid. its a different kettle of fish - with the lack of information since the release info. how can you be so optimistic when their track record is contrary to everything?

First of all: there haven't been any talent calculators released for the DF rework, only example trees without any numerical values to show what the new trees might look like. Even the ones that have been shared are still very much WIP.

I also want to argue, that you won't be able to test the new trees via calculator, but rather via alpha/beta access. I'm certain that most, if not all, trees will be available on day 1 of alpha.

Still, I'm kinda shocked to see the release being stil 2022. I was rooting for q1 of 2023.

release date is set by some management brickhead to maximize sales.

they neither know nor care in what state will the product be at that time because they are banking on the products name doing the selling.

past two expansions have been ass quality and still made money.

war3 reforged all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by jkq View Post
    how can the new raid have a release date when we havent seen anything ??

Are you serious dude ? Ever heard of this ongoing Process called "WORK" ???
    LMFAO holy fuck HAHAHAHA thats your answer? Comparing a raid with an EXPANSION?

ONE YEAR before release we usually knew more than we know now about a 6 month expansion ma boi. Thank you Bob for forcing the company to release DF this year to show numbers again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think they’re a lot further along than they normally are pre-alpha. When Alpha is released then we will know for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost a guarantee it won't release on or before 12/31/2022. Not quite, but almost.

I mean its not promising the release is 6 months or less away and the talents are in a "prototype" state.

But that said, if we are going to see any others in a few weeks time I would expect the talent design to keep shifting as we see each iteration.

The game will likely be a rushed mess or they will postpone the release. They will have the preorder money anyway and overwhelming majority of those who preorder Dragonflight are WoW addicts which will not refund the game if it's not released at the end of this year.

If they are ahead of the schedule for dragonflight, it sure isn't showing. We know very little about Dragonflight.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2022-06-29 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    It's almost a guarantee it won't release on or before 12/31/2022. Not quite, but almost.
    You do realize that they kinda, have to, release on of before that date since its the date they gave right? Its why that announcement was such a big deal. If blizz doesn't they are in some deep legal shit that they cant really afford right now.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    You do realize that they kinda, have to, release on of before that date since its the date they gave right? Its why that announcement was such a big deal. If blizz doesn't they are in some deep legal shit that they cant really afford right now.
    IANAL but i don't think there is legal trouble. There have been multiple games with a set release date that have been postponed. One that comes to mind is Cyberpunk 2077.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post
    how can the game have a release date when the talent calculators havent been put through which is the main system....

anyone else thinking 10.0 will be the real beta. and then 10.1 will be the release and then 10.2 an actual playable game. i wish they learnt from mistakes after so many years.
    The expansion doesn't have a release date though.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Considering they probably made the decision to cut SL short a year or more ago they probably started full developmetn of DF earlier than normal.

I will wait with judging left and right until the beta is out. This will show us quite fast if they are going to be ready or not.

I won't take time off this time at least. Last time they burned me hard with their decision to postpone and i had 3 days of vacation taken with nothing to do then and to late to cancle it.

Honestly i believe they will postpone to earlie 2023. They seem to overestimate themselves and half the companie is preoccupied with identity politics and the leadership just... does or say nothing apparantly.
    People would probably be a bit more optimistic if blizz would talk to us instead of not communicating at all except the odd blue post about stuff no one reall cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Considering they probably made the decision to cut SL short a year or more ago they probably started full developmetn of DF earlier than normal.

I will wait with judging left and right until the beta is out. This will show us quite fast if they are going to be ready or not.

I won't take time off this time at least. Last time they burned me hard with their decision to postpone and i had 3 days of vacation taken with nothing to do then and to late to cancle it.

Honestly i believe they will postpone to earlie 2023. They seem to overestimate themselves and half the companie is preoccupied with identity politics and the leadership just... does or say nothing apparantly.
    People would probably be a bit more optimistic if blizz would talk to us instead of not communicating at all except the odd blue post about stuff no one reall cares about.
    Why is everything so slow then? Or at least feels like that? Because even if they're further along this time, the testing period for a 2022 launch will be hella short, shorter than usual. And yes absolutely, their terrible communication is the biggest problem here. 2.5 months after the announcement and we still have got barely any new information about it just feels wrong on so many levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Blizzard has an own precedent in the form of Warcraft III Reforged where they set a release date and then delayed it. And I'm sure that WCIII was way more hyped than Dragonflight.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingaru View Post

They don´t need to.

We got too used to getting it all spoiled and announced beforehand.

I hope, even if it backfires terribly, that there´s almost nothing to beta test either. We need that, we need to jump into an expansion which we know little about, give us the sense of exploration again, which is the absolute core of World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    ANd you know that how? Blizzard says otherwise. I believe them over your baseless claim.

ppl saying its fine that we havent seen all other specs/class talents are the same ppl who probably were saying covenants will workout out great as meaningful choice with balanced options.

everyone knows blizz is working on stuff, problem is they deliver garbage that needs tremendous amount of feedback to be fixed as the last expansions have proven.

The talent trees we were given were most likely just to give us a preview of what they're doing design wise for talent trees in general. I doubt we'll see more until Alpha rolls out and then all the available ones they have ready will be there all at once. I'm not worried about them making a late 22 release date just yet.