Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Community wants:

1)Release one of the most iconic games on mobile.
    2)Reach 5M download just on mobile devices not counting in Bnet.

How should Blizzard earn money:
    1)WoW subs are enough for us to sustain all maintance, development, marketing etc.
    2)The community knows because they are all game devs, buisness managers and people with insight in macros at Blizzard.
    Community wants:
    1.) Non-predatory/scumbag/psychological tactics that prey on vulnerable people to squeeze out as much money as possible

How Blizzard should earn money:
    1.) Cosmetics, pets, "speed up" mechanics, absolutely no player power.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Community wants:
    1.) Non-predatory/scumbag/psychological tactics that prey on vulnerable people to squeeze out as much money as possible

How Blizzard should earn money:
    1.) Cosmetics, pets, "speed up" mechanics, absolutely no player power.
    Community gets:
    1. Freedom to play the game they want

Blizzard should get:
    1. Freedom to earn money the way they want
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey guys its your boy [insert streamer name here] and watch me LIVE ON TWITCH play [F2P Game here] and see how bad the PAY TO WIN IS"

$$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$$

"Hey guys its your boy [insert streamer name here] and check out my YouTube Videos watching me explain how bad the PAY TO WIN is in [F2P game here]"

$$$$$ $$$ $$ $$ $$ $

"Hey guys its your boy [streamer] Check out this YouTube Video explaining my position and why I spent almost FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS on [F2P Game]! It was just to prove how bad the PAY TO WIN is!"

$$$$ $ $ $ $ $ $$ $$ $

- - - Updated - - -

if you think that the streamers don't make that money back through Subs and Ad Kickbacks from Twitch and YouTube, I got a bridge in Brooklyn i'd like to sell you
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    "Hey guys its your boy [insert streamer name here] and watch me LIVE ON TWITCH play [F2P Game here] and see how bad the PAY TO WIN IS"

$$$ $$$ $$$ $$$ $$$$

"Hey guys its your boy [insert streamer name here] and check out my YouTube Videos watching me explain how bad the PAY TO WIN is in [F2P game here]"

$$$$$ $$$ $$ $$ $$ $

"Hey guys its your boy [streamer] Check out this YouTube Video explaining my position and why I spent almost FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARS on [F2P Game]! It was just to prove how bad the PAY TO WIN is!"

$$$$ $ $ $ $ $ $$ $$ $

- - - Updated - - -

if you think that the streamers don't make that money back through Subs and Ad Kickbacks from Twitch and YouTube, I got a bridge in Brooklyn i'd like to sell you
    Still, he kind of proved a point and send a message about monetization of DI. Or rather showed that this shit is even more fucked up that numbers and beta showed.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Still, he kind of proved a point and send a message about monetization of DI. Or rather showed that this shit is even more fucked up that numbers and beta showed.
    Give the same credit to Blizzard then - they proved that people love it. Well, except for a tiny minority. Just like not everyone agrees with the streamers point.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Can someone explain to me how this is any different from how other Activision games are monetized? It's the same as cod:mobile and similar to hearthstone and hots.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post

Oh, and the commentary about how it's ruining the gaming industry.
    And? What are you or anyone here going to do about it?
    Shut down Twitch and somehow make it culturally inappropriate to watch others play games?
    Shit ain't going away and game devs will more often than not choose the path of least resistance, which is instead of putting out a painstakingly difficult and time-and-cost-consuming product, they will cut corners, throw in a shittly lotto system, then laugh at the critique from their yachts.
    Does it suck? Sure.
    Can we change it? Nope.
    Ban it on a national level or eu level, just as belgium and the netherlands have done? Making it impossible for the game to exist to begin with?
    Sounds like plenty to do about it and it never made it to either of the above countries so it certainly "went away" in that sense...
    Can we change it? Obviously we can, read above.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Paying streamers for streaming a game - Super OK
    Paying the game devs for developing the game - Totes UNOK.
    Yeah, but the streamer has them convinced that he's secretly actually fighting against the game!

By...streaming it...and giving it lots of exposure in other avenues...and spending money in it...

Hm...

Yeah, I think he's got Blizzard right where he wants them!!

Ahh the good old celebrity gossip...I'm sure most people are unaware that this is celebrity gossip but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    This topic is funny to me.
    It's their time, their money, and their prerogative.
    If someone wants to watch a streamer, donate money to that streamer, then watch that streamer spend it on loot boxes, that's their business.
    This ain't my cup of tea, but apparently it's a hobby of a shitload of other people.
    Good for them, I guess.
    /shrug

Oh, and the commentary about how it's ruining the gaming industry.
    And? What are you or anyone here going to do about it?
    Shut down Twitch and somehow make it culturally inappropriate to watch others play games?
    Shit ain't going away and game devs will more often than not choose the path of least resistance, which is instead of putting out a painstakingly difficult and time-and-cost-consuming product, they will cut corners, throw in a shittly lotto system, then laugh at the critique from their yachts.
    Does it suck? Sure.
    Can we change it? Nope.
    A good chunk of blizzards plan was to turn their games into eSports. So they want the eyes on their games.

You can gamble on and watch sports, too. I think the only difference is people don't want their kids subjected to the gambling. It's one thing to not give children access to your payment info, but they shouldn't be subjected to the gambling ads and content.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Good for them, it's a shitty practice, which is why it's being heavily negatively criticized, and also it's why people should avoid the game.

You can say "oooooooh but it's alloweeeed" and whatever, it's irrelevant - in the general opinion, it made Diablo Immortal a bad game.
    The man is a primary school dropout. He said so himself. You're really trying hard to have a discussion with someone who didn't even learn the months of the year, or why rain falls.

Twitch streamer shroud endorses this type of thing for games. Funny cause he makes money from it too. Take that away would say he'd change his mind.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    The man is a primary school dropout. He said so himself. You're really trying hard to have a discussion with someone who didn't even learn the months of the year, or why rain falls.
    C'mon mate I know several high school dropouts, they all can spot a scam from a mile away and know that rich fucks are devoid of ethics. Boot-licking that hard is independent of education.

But you are right, I went along with the trolling for too long.

Least it didn't go on an Ethot or only fans girl.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Can someone explain to me how this is any different from how other Activision games are monetized? It's the same as cod:mobile and similar to hearthstone and hots.
    At least in Heroes you get zero advantages in a match for paying. Arthas doesn't do more damages for whale players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwikz View Post
    Its a really worrying trend if people are starting to accept these things as the norm and are fully willing to drop absurd moneys because "everyone else is doing it", and the streamers are helping pushing it in that direction.
    You're too late by years. It's already the norm for certain genres of mobile games.

Streamers are going to forego any opportunity to cash in with views or donations? Seems unlikely.

What this guy did was akin to a public stunt fuck. Of course people watched.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-06-09 at 06:25 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoriangun View Post
    Least it didn't go on an Ethot or only fans girl.
    Booba Streamer with a script about how bad the P2W is in [Insert F2P game here] Whaling out of control to "prove a point."

She'd make that $$$ back before the end of the stream

#TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Community wants:

1)Release one of the most iconic games on mobile.
    2)Reach 5M download just on mobile devices not counting in Bnet.

How should Blizzard earn money:
    1)WoW subs are enough for us to sustain all maintance, development, marketing etc.
    2)The community knows because they are all game devs, buisness managers and people with insight in macros at Blizzard.
    Assumning at worst, wow has 5M sub, at 15 a month thats 75m per month, thats 900m a year, yeah poor poor blizzard, not enough money for bobby it seems

10+ Year Old Account
    hey I give Bobby props.

Single-handedly dashing the hopes of every High Elf Fanboy, then every Dark Ranger Fanboy. Coming Soon to the list: Tinker Fanboys

#TeamFuckEverything

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    You say this like we don't have numerous examples EVEN WITHIN THE LAST FEW YEARS of social pressure and outrage causing companies to change their shit... like... cmon...

It's clear that social pressure and discourse can sometimes change enough peoples' minds or draw enough attention to an issue that something is done.

"Hurr durr, guess we all just have to sit back and take whatever comes our way!" No. We don't. Yes, we can change it.
    Sure, there are.
    The EA debacle was a big one a few years back.
    Is this on the same level as that? Or any others for that matter?
    Have companies slowed down on the MTX model design because of it?
    Have streamers slowed down on showing this stuff?

Some things can change, sure, on a smaller scale.
    A company here and there may say "you know what, we will listen to feedback and criticism".
    A streamer here and there may take a hard stance and give up on the model.
    On a larger scale, though, I just don't see the MTX model going away, the streamer model of people who watch others play (and pay to do so), and things like this will continue.
    It would be cool if that's wrong, but no evidence supports it on a big enough scale.