View Poll Results: Which expansion has the best soundtrack?

Voters
113. This poll is closed
  • Mists of Pandaria

42 37.17%
  • Warlords of Draenor

40 35.40%
  • Legion

13 11.50%
  • Battle for Azeroth

15 13.27%
  • Shadowlands

3 2.65%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Honestly wows music is good but it does tend to bleed together a lot....

I've played since vanilla and I would have to give it to wrath... I can still recall the zones melodies while I struggle to remember other ones. Tbc had some really signature music though.

Pandaria is very nice. I like that they don't over use "westernified" east asian music in the theme. My vote still falls on WoD.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Times change is still my favorite. Tons of renditions of Khadgar's themes let alone the zone themes are brilliant. I fucking loved FFR ambiance and music. It's basically like WoTLK which is has some really iconic main themes, with some very distinguishable zone themes that you will never forget (Grizzly Hills and Storm Peaks).

Warlords of Draenor definitely. Wolf at the Gates is so epic.

Warlords of Draenor - Lords of War (also known as Warsong)
    Legion - Anduin's theme
    Battle for Azeroth - Azshara's Warbringer opening.
    Vanilla - Nightsong.

Warlords of Draenor was the last great soundtrack of WoW's modern era.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have mixed opinions on BFA overall but the soundtrack has some bangers. The music in Battle for Dazzar'Alor slaps hard.

Times Change and Khadgar’s Theme - WoD for me

Pandaland had some decent soundtracks, but perhaps you had to be there to truly appreciate them.
    Warlords though? Those soundtracks were good enough to draw me back into the game, it helped that Legion arrived just in time for me to fix the game before its flaws ouweighed its positive points for me.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

MoP, overall, with that central anthem in Shado-Pan being the high point.
    But they're all good, all have high points- Tiragarde Sound, Daughter of the Sea, Frostfire, Alliance Garrison, Anduin's Theme- except Shadowlands. SL OST is ambience, at worst and at best. Nothing sticks out to me.

...Wrath still tops, though.

WOD. Wod has this flavor I can't find anymore on any other expansion. Even if the expack was meh for me, the musics are the one that are sticking in my head more than any other expack ( and then there is the Azerite Theme and Daughter of the Sea)

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP for this song alone 8:19

I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

5+ Year Old Account
    Since BC is missing from the list, I voted for WoD, which for all its flaws has imo the best OST in the entire game, second only to BC ofc.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

WoD and BfA had some unbelievably good tracks. Horde Warfront, Waycrest, City of Gold, Ashvane were really really really good.

I really liked Pandaria and BfA. WoD had some interesting stuff, but its kind of mostly fallen out of memory. I agree that I can't really think of any Shadowlands piece that interested me at all.

Wotlk is the only choice yet its not there......weird, it's like having 5 shit ice cream flavours to choose from but your favourite is right there unavailable.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say WoD is tied with WotLK for best soundtrack overall, it absolutely blows the lackluster music of Legion, BFA and SL out of the water.

One thing that has been a real shame in the game is the awesome inn music that you almost never have a chance to listen to... I love Oribos soundtrack, Bfa inn soundtrack, Mist kazoo and inn music, Classic inn music

I like WoD best out of the modern soundtracks. The contributions by Eimear Noone are on another level: Malach, Shadowmoon Rising. And Wolf at the Gates by Jason Hayes is unforgettable.