Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    You keep pushing it like it fixes something but it doesnt, its like watching someone bash their head against a wall over and over its ridiculous.
    Because Blizz-tards are known to make decisions based purely on a rule of cool, spur of the moment or even just personal preference of the writer… those decisions VERY often backfire, skew the plot and otherwise harm the game. Then they try and “fix” those with hasty retcons or convoluted plots and only make things worse in a long run.

What they need to do is next time someone suggests a dumbass decision that “rocks” is to rock that guy out of the room and just decide NOT to mess with already severely damaged story.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Because Blizz-tards are known to make decisions based purely on a rule of cool, spur of the moment or even just personal preference of the writer… those decisions VERY often backfire, skew the plot and otherwise harm the game. Then they try and “fix” those with hasty retcons or convoluted plots and only make things worse in a long run.

What they need to do is next time someone suggests a dumbass decision that “rocks” is to rock that guy out of the room and just decide NOT to mess with already severely damaged story.
    I think they just listen to majority of players what they want and then we get dragon expansion, while we really wanted a Titanworld or some Light and Void thing. The Dragonflight cinematic started so good and I was so hyped then a dragon came in. What a disaster. No point is to be even angry about it. Unsubscribe and wait two years then come back and see if next expansion is any better. That’s what I did. I got so pissed off with Shadowlands ending, because they did this huge tension about The First Ones and then killed Rygelon so I just couldn’t care less. There is nothing we can do about it anyways.

The Night Warrior story also was kinda bleh. I wanted to see more Elune and celestial stuff rather than a ragging night elf. Then she jumped to the veil and we haven’t seen her for most of the time because Sylvanas was everywhere. Grr.
    Last edited by Progenitor Aquarius; 2022-07-03 at 09:46 AM.

Sylvanas receiving judgment and getting sentenced to life in the maw till all souls are free isnt an example of 'rule of cool'

Honestly thats why i approve of it. The typical finale would be empowered tyrande having some badass duel with her with sick one liners and duel of fates playing in the background building up till the moment tyrande has her hand around her throat and sylvanas gasps for mercy then tyrande looks away for a moment then looks back with black eyes and says something badass like 'i will show you the mercy you showed my people' then sylvanas evaporates in a pyre of lunar light and fades to ash.

That honestly would be exacly what most of the players who complain about her punishment would want, its the exact 'rule of cool' shit blizz pull all too often, yet instead of doing the rule of cool shit they actually handed sylvanas the punishment she deserves, a long lasting kafkaesque repetitive mission saving all the bitter souls she damned to the maw, constantly reminded of her failings over and over. Killing her is just fulfilling her number1 goal since the end of wrath, or rather the moment arthas slew her.

In fact i could imagine some ADHD guy with long hair enacting that exact scene in front of the dev team really enthusiastically and the team literally rocking him out of the room and doing their best to tie the loose threads together to make a proper end to that story.

Look at the story in parts, yes the middle is a fucking catastrophe, the part that made up 98% of her arc was godawful, but the ending 1% was very fitting and the correct conclusion to that story.

TLDR Killing her would be falling into that 'rule of cool' trap you denigrate while the actual ending she got avoided 'rule of cool' BS.

Sylvanas receiving judgment and getting sentenced to life in the maw till all souls are free isnt an example of 'rule of cool'

Honestly thats why i approve of it. The typical finale would be empowered tyrande having some badass duel with her with sick one liners and duel of fates playing in the background building up till the moment tyrande has her hand around her throat and sylvanas gasps for mercy then tyrande looks away for a moment then looks back with black eyes and says something badass like 'i will show you the mercy you showed my people' then sylvanas evaporates in a pyre of lunar light and fades to ash.

That honestly would be exacly what most of the players who complain about her punishment would want, its the exact 'rule of cool' shit blizz pull all too often, yet instead of doing the rule of cool shit they actually handed sylvanas the punishment she deserves, a long lasting kafkaesque repetitive mission saving all the bitter souls she damned to the maw, constantly reminded of her failings over and over. Killing her is just fulfilling her number1 goal since the end of wrath, or rather the moment arthas slew her.

In fact i could imagine some ADHD guy with long hair enacting that exact scene in front of the dev team really enthusiastically and the team literally rocking him out of the room and doing their best to tie the loose threads together to make a proper end to that story.

Look at the story in parts, yes the middle is a fucking catastrophe, the part that made up 98% of her arc was godawful, but the ending 1% was very fitting and the correct conclusion to that story.

TLDR Killing her would be falling into that 'rule of cool' trap you denigrate while the actual ending she got avoided 'rule of cool' BS.
    Wrong here. They never make “rule of cool” for the Alliance so it would be breaking a stereotype actually.

When was it last tike an Alliance character taken a meaningful revenge on the Horde? Forcefully protected their faction through violence? Generally just acted badass against the Horde and defeated one of their characters? And no, “kill me” Nathanos dosent count because it was a suicide by cop and not an actual battle. Dude was baiting everybody to kill him to get to Shadowlands.

Leaving her “alive” in the Maw is just another show of weakness. But of course you dont mind it, right? Alliance being pathetic bunch of wusses serves your interests as much as any horde player.

Wrong here. They never make “rule of cool” for the Alliance so it would be breaking a stereotype actually.

When was it last tike an Alliance character taken a meaningful revenge on the Horde? Forcefully protected their faction through violence? Generally just acted badass against the Horde and defeated one of their characters? And no, “kill me” Nathanos dosent count because it was a suicide by cop and not an actual battle. Dude was baiting everybody to kill him to get to Shadowlands.

Leaving her “alive” in the Maw is just another show of weakness. But of course you dont mind it, right? Alliance being pathetic bunch of wusses serves your interests as much as any horde player.
    You are completely off. My biggest complaint about BFA was that the alliance didnt attack first. Lore wise it made a ton of sense and would have fixed so many issues with the story that expansion.
    Honestly doing cool shit looks fucking stupid when your doing it to a punching bag, beating the alliance is meaningless when they dont do anything back. The faction war has become a completely one sided rivalry that has made the alliance look pathetic and the horde look retarded.

Im more than happy for the alliance to get their rule of cool BS, just make sure its in a way that isnt retarded, like nathanos getting the last laugh twice, tyrande flying through the air for revenge then losing her powers and every other instance when characters go uncharacteristically neutral and forget their motivations. Its why a lot of players hated anduin, everytime he enters the scene you know shit ISN'T going to go down. hes like an antidote for cool shit. Its all diplomacy and nobody cares if hes right or not they play this game for conflict not for shitty moral lectures.

At this point Blizz have 'rule of cool'd out the entire horde faction and the horde is left with most races missing their faction leaders. no thrall (neutral now, not officially warchief) garrosh, saurfang, sylvanas, gallywix (lol like anyone really cares), voljin, cairne (baine is the opposite of a horde leader) etc. They never bothered to replace half of those characters.

In the end giving the alliance some rule of cool bullshit with tyrande killing sylvanas would have been even more hollow than tyrande killing nathanos. He actually got fucked over and that kill was a good win for her, hell nathanos gained nothing from it, it was all bluster in the end so they kind of retconned him getting the last laugh away. Killing sylvanas however would have been a mercy that everyone seems to forget or ignore since her goal since warcraft 3 has been to die in peace.

You are completely off. My biggest complaint about BFA was that the alliance didnt attack first. Lore wise it made a ton of sense and would have fixed so many issues with the story that expansion.
    Honestly doing cool shit looks fucking stupid when your doing it to a punching bag, beating the alliance is meaningless when they dont do anything back. The faction war has become a completely one sided rivalry that has made the alliance look pathetic and the horde look retarded.

Im more than happy for the alliance to get their rule of cool BS, just make sure its in a way that isnt retarded, like nathanos getting the last laugh twice, tyrande flying through the air for revenge then losing her powers and every other instance when characters go uncharacteristically neutral and forget their motivations. Its why a lot of players hated anduin, everytime he enters the scene you know shit ISN'T going to go down. hes like an antidote for cool shit. Its all diplomacy and nobody cares if hes right or not they play this game for conflict not for shitty moral lectures.

At this point Blizz have 'rule of cool'd out the entire horde faction and the horde is left with most races missing their faction leaders. no thrall (neutral now, not officially warchief) garrosh, saurfang, sylvanas, gallywix (lol like anyone really cares), voljin, cairne (baine is the opposite of a horde leader) etc. They never bothered to replace half of those characters.

In the end giving the alliance some rule of cool bullshit with tyrande killing sylvanas would have been even more hollow than tyrande killing nathanos. He actually got fucked over and that kill was a good win for her, hell nathanos gained nothing from it, it was all bluster in the end so they kind of retconned him getting the last laugh away. Killing sylvanas however would have been a mercy that everyone seems to forget or ignore since her goal since warcraft 3 has been to die in peace.
    This goal clearly changed after WotLK and now she seems to be fine with living. A bit broody but basically okay with going on more than with dying. So her wanting to die is no longer a thing.

Plus again, she could still serve even as a soul, since we met a lot of people in Shadowlands who worked for us despite being dead. Kael’Thas for example.

The Goal of the Night War is to give Tyrande the Powers she already had in W3.

That though he sounds silly. Being that for 20 years they made her an intuile trophy wife, it really is a great improvement.

After that she doesn't really add anything to the story. Everything you do is useless or out of place.

It's more fair and merciful than the following people received:

- Edwin VanCleef
    - Archbishop Benedictus
    - Fandral Staghelm

Notice how Horde villains (Sylvanas, Garrosh) are always spared and put on trial because apparently it's too hard to just kill them.

But Alliance villains, so the aforementioned people, are always killed right away, with no legal trial.

We chopped off VanCleef's head without asking any question. We didn't do the same with Sylvanas and Garrosh. Because of Writer Horde Bias. The plot has to bend and twist to spare Horde villains, while Alliance villains can just die.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-07-05 at 02:09 PM.

This goal clearly changed after WotLK and now she seems to be fine with living. A bit broody but basically okay with going on more than with dying. So her wanting to die is no longer a thing.

Plus again, she could still serve even as a soul, since we met a lot of people in Shadowlands who worked for us despite being dead. Kael’Thas for example.
    Nope, her goal was the same, she died at the end of wotlk and suffered torment, she had to 'fix death' before she could die in peace, the same reason she couldn't die while arthas lived as he'd just Rez her out of spite. It's honestly the only thing consistent with her.
    Kael got a new body after death, sylv is still her spirit inhabiting a rotting corpse, that's more of a punishment than basically being freed from your zombie corpse.

Again, killing her solves absolutely nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's more fair and merciful than the following people received:

- Edwin VanCleef
    - Archbishop Benedictus
    - Fandral Staghelm

Notice how Horde villains (Sylvanas, Garrosh) are always spared and put on trial because apparently it's too hard to just kill them.

But Alliance villains, so the aforementioned people, are always killed right away, with no legal trial.

We chopped off VanCleef's head without asking any question. We didn't do the same with Sylvanas and Garrosh. Because of Writer Horde Bias. The plot has to bend and twist to spare Horde villains, while Alliance villains can just die.
    Killed in combat, not executed. And don't bloody cry about alliance villains when half the horde races have no living racial leader.
    Garry did end up getting killed so that's kinda stupid, and sylv is in the afterlife as a rotten corpse.

Nope, her goal was the same, she died at the end of wotlk and suffered torment, she had to 'fix death' before she could die in peace, the same reason she couldn't die while arthas lived as he'd just Rez her out of spite. It's honestly the only thing consistent with her.
    Kael got a new body after death, sylv is still her spirit inhabiting a rotting corpse, that's more of a punishment than basically being freed from your zombie corpse.

Again, killing her solves absolutely nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Killed in combat, not executed. And don't bloody cry about alliance villains when half the horde races have no living racial leader.
    Garry did end up getting killed so that's kinda stupid, and sylv is in the afterlife as a rotten corpse.
    Both Garrosh and Sylvanas could have been killed in combat but weren't.

They weren't killed during their fights like VanCleef and Benedictus, thus the plot bent to make them live and give them a more important role. The plot was never allowed to be this merciful with Alliance villains.

In Shadowlands, Garrosh even got a cameo that redeemed him in the eyes of many people. Do you know who did not get any cameo after their death? Any Alliance villain like VanCleef and Benedictus.

If this doesn't prove a certain bias towards a certain faction and their characters, I don't know what does.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    She then faces off against Nathanos, who was NOT infused with Jailer power like Sylvanas was. She should have been able to easily beat him even without the NW power, but even with it, she can not kill him.
    Hi there, interesting that you forgot to mention this…

Quote Originally Posted by elendil View Post
    Hi there, interesting that you forgot to mention this…

He was talking about Darkshore.

And she only killed him the second time because he was LOOKING FOR DEATH. To go to Shadowlands.

Actually in a beta their fight on Darkshore went even worse, she lost and was about to be finished off when Malfurion saved her. So it was that bad before they “improved” it into a draw.

He was talking about Darkshore.

And she only killed him the second time because he was LOOKING FOR DEATH. To go to Shadowlands.

Actually in a beta their fight on Darkshore went even worse, she lost and was about to be finished off when Malfurion saved her. So it was that bad before they “improved” it into a draw.
    The moment of Victory is very important in a Story.
    In the first case, a victory was to recover the land.
    In the second case the victory is literally worth nothing. It's just Blizzard tying up a loose end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Horde has Lordeoron as of 8.3 and they are rebuilding this patch, they pushed further into Ashenvale and are holding more than they had before WoT.
    now i know u trolling, or outdated in info
    Ashenvale is pure alliance since ages, update that before u talk about horde 'gain'
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Ashenvale is pure alliance since ages, update that before u talk about horde 'gain'
    In the last novel it is confirmed that everything is destroyed and that the Horde is still cutting wood for him.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Ashenvale is under attack by the Horde according to "Exploring Kalimdor".