Page 33 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    I still want a flying cow for my tauren to ride on.
    There was one, for the Chinese New Year.

And there’s multiple moose for Highmountain to ride on.
    Foxes for Vulpera.
    Wolves for Worgen.

But a draconic race on a dragon is apparently a bridge too far…

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I'll stay away from these geckos that Hazzikostas chose to be the "big boom" of the new expansion. I swear to god this is the stupidest wow race there could be. I hope I don't die of laughter when I see a Dragon riding another dragon if it wants to fly. LOL
    I doubt it was him who chose Soythyr. Hazzikostas isn't without fault but it's too far to accuse the man of taste so shitty that it makes drinking puke through a straw better alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    I'll stay away from these geckos that Hazzikostas chose to be the "big boom" of the new expansion. I swear to god this is the stupidest wow race there could be. I hope I don't die of laughter when I see a Dragon riding another dragon if it wants to fly. LOL
    Well good thing then it means the game is entertaining
    It's as goofy as a druid riding a owl instead of using owl flight form
    Last edited by MrCool; 2022-07-04 at 01:47 PM.

So why didn't they make it so a female Dracthyr is easily distinguishable from a male Dracthyr? WoW always had very stylized models that allowed you to easily recognize a male PC from a female PC and viceversa at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    So why didn't they make it so a female Dracthyr is easily distinguishable from a male Dracthyr? WoW always had very stylized models that allowed you to easily recognize a male PC from a female PC and viceversa at first glance.
    Eh, if we're being completely open here, I suspect it's because Blizzard wants to blur the line between "genders". Over the past couple years, Blizzard has become obsessed with gender and orientation issues, and given how flamboyant and over-the-top some of the Dracthyr options looked, I suspect this is an attempt at that.

Having said that, dragons in Warcraft have always been indistinguishable in terms of gender, in their actual dragon forms anyway. In fact, prior to Wrath, Malygos was always described as incredibly skinny, almost skeletal in appearance. For some reason they didn't go that route with his actual model, which I thought was a shame.

In any case, whether they're dictated by gender or simply other Barber-shop options, I definitely would like to see some bulkier options, personally. And female or not, there's no denying the Dracthyr model shown off was clearly very feminine, due to the proportions. Hopefully, Blizzard will show off some revamped options in the near future.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Eh, if we're being completely open here, I suspect it's because Blizzard wants to blur the line between "genders". Over the past couple years, Blizzard has become obsessed with gender and orientation issues, and given how flamboyant and over-the-top some of the Dracthyr options looked, I suspect this is an attempt at that.

Having said that, dragons in Warcraft have always been indistinguishable in terms of gender, in their actual dragon forms anyway. In fact, prior to Wrath, Malygos was always described as incredibly skinny, almost skeletal in appearance. For some reason they didn't go that route with his actual model, which I thought was a shame.

In any case, whether they're dictated by gender or simply other Barber-shop options, I definitely would like to see some bulkier options, personally. And female or not, there's no denying the Dracthyr model shown off was clearly very feminine, due to the proportions. Hopefully, Blizzard will show off some revamped options in the near future.
    And there is nothing wrong with that. It's actually good that blizzard tries to create positive images for lesser represented groups. And if you dislike them because they are "too girly", you are simply not the target audience.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

blizzard, the company that just got exposed for a huge gender(and race) based sandal showing all there progressive talk was just pandering is to blur the line between genders and doing it by making buff elfs and humans females? no shot.

a race like this would likely be in development before any of thing even came about the lawsuits or people were hired.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Because there is no difference between male and female dragons in WoW regarding their body type? Why should there be one for Dracthyr?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Dragons are animals. It's normal with animals if you can't distinguish a male from a female right away.

Dracthyr are humanoids. Normally a male humanoid is distinguishable from a female humanoid.

There's really no reason why Male Dracthyr cannot be bulkier and more muscular for all the people who want to roleplay a Black Aspect dracthyr, like many fan edits (and given how Deathwing is the most popular and iconic Dragon from Warcraft, I assume that's a lot of people).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Because there is no difference between male and female dragons in WoW regarding their body type? Why should there be one for Dracthyr?
    Do you not know the origin story of the Dracthyr? They are humanoid dragonkin created for the sole purpose of combining mortal flexibility and adaptability with dragon power. They are not beasts like the fully-fledged dragons.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-07-05 at 02:03 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dragons are animals. It's normal with animals if you can't distinguish a male from a female right away.

Dracthyr are humanoids. Normally a male humanoid is distinguishable from a female humanoid.

There's really no reason why Male Dracthyr cannot be bulkier and more muscular for all the people who want to roleplay a Black Aspect dracthyr, like many fan edits (and given how Deathwing is the most popular and iconic Dragon from Warcraft, I assume that's a lot of people).

- - - Updated - - -

Do you not know the origin story of the Dracthyr? They are humanoid dragonkin created for the sole purpose of combining mortal flexibility and adaptability with dragon power. They are not beasts like the fully-fledged dragons.
    We live in 2022, you are aware that you don't have to think in binary 2 gender norms anymore? Dracthyr are fine and progressive. Changing them would send the wrong message and just pander to transphobs and other bad people. You have to normalize things in order to change thinking, and that's what the Dracthyr do. Also I'm sure there will be lots of people playing them because they are just super cute.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account

To be fair I don’t understand why representation for this kind of stuff in WoW tends to be skinny/little/generally feminine.

If they’re trying to blur the lines between gender and what not then why couldn’t there be muscular/more ‘masculine’ options that aren’t restricted to male/female especially given that they’re draconic humanoids.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-05 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

I still cannot get over the look of drakthyr....

I don't know. They look... so.... needlessly seductive. Unsettling really. Huge thighs for no reason at all. weird smirk. Always basically nude.

Just give them freaking transmog and the oprion to be a bit more buly and i would be happy.

Right now they look like a bad rule34 comic. Also with boobs what some people here want it would be 1000000 times worse.

Still take them over actuall dragon models...

We live in 2022, you are aware that you don't have to think in binary 2 gender norms anymore? Dracthyr are fine and progressive. Changing them would send the wrong message and just pander to transphobs and other bad people. You have to normalize things in order to change thinking, and that's what the Dracthyr do. Also I'm sure there will be lots of people playing them because they are just super cute.
    Lol, there will be lots of people playing them because they are the first new class released after 6 years, not because of how they look. Just like there are tons of people playing a new League of Legends champion at release regardless of what they look like.

Yes, Yes, it's 2022 so you can no longer assume someone's gender and all that stuff. You still haven't explained why adding a bulky option is transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's their lore. Their purpose is to stand in for standard dragons due to technical limitations. So in other words, they're supposed to be as genderless as your standard WoW drake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    To be fair I don’t understand why representation for this kind of stuff in WoW tends to be skinny/little/generally feminine.

If they’re trying to blur the lines between gender and what not then why couldn’t there be muscular/more ‘masculine’ options that aren’t restricted to male/female especially given that they’re draconic humanoids.
    I really hope your see the inherent contradiction in your post.

And there is nothing wrong with that. It's actually good that blizzard tries to create positive images for lesser represented groups. And if you dislike them because they are "too girly", you are simply not the target audience.
    Catering solely to the minority with a major feature might leave your major feature with unsurprisingly minor support (and consequently major criticism).

Trans types can do whatever they want, but like every other religion (or likewise social construct) they have no business bothering others (i.e. constraining their choices).
    Last edited by loras; 2022-07-05 at 02:46 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Catering solely to the minority with a major feature might leave your major feature with unsurprising minor support.

Trans types can do whatever they want, but like every other religion (or likewise social construct) they have no business bothering others.
    Except the race in question also has an option for the player to transform into a literal male or female via the visage form. So this is much ado about nothing.

Except the race in question also has an option for the player to transform into a literal male or female via the visage form. So this is much ado about nothing.
    Except no one cares about the visage forms when making a draconic character, so yeah.

(i mean seriously, we already have all those races without the added baggage; if those were the point people would just pick the originals)

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    That's their lore. Their purpose is to stand in for standard dragons due to technical limitations. So in other words, they're supposed to be as genderless as your standard WoW drake.

- - - Updated - - -

I really hope your see the inherent contradiction in your post.
    No contradiction. There’s nothing wrong with something that “blurs the line of gender” having actual muscle mass.

Unless you are trying to imply trans people/people that identify with something along these lines can’t have muscle/look more “masculine”.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-07-05 at 02:53 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

And as we have been telling you for 30 pages, we'd all love to be able to play a Void elf, Human, or Blood elf with Dragon powers, but sadly they can't keep their beautiful form in combat, so why are you even proposing this as a solution?

And unless you're an RPer, WoW is a combat-centric game. You're going to see your PC in combat most of the time. This is why Worgen players have been complaining since forever that they can't keep their Human form in combat.

I would have no problem with the Dracthyr if I could just make them look like an elf/human all the time like Wrathion. I do have a problem with their actual true form, which is a skinny naked humanoid, and I would be forced to see this form in combat. These people can't even put on some clothes and frankly it's gross.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-07-05 at 02:55 PM.

And as we have been telling you for 30 pages, we'd all love to be able to play a Void elf, Human, or Blood elf with Dragon powers, but sadly they can't keep their beautiful form on in combat, so why are you even proposing this as a solution?

And unless you're an RPer, WoW is a combat-centric game. You're going to see your PC in combat most of the time. This is why Worgen players have been complaining since forever that they can't keep their Human form in combat.
    Also good points.
    From Varodoc no less.

(j/k )