Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I mean I am very reserved. And always sceptical especially on Blizzard games post 2010. I wont spoil the opening of D4 for those who don't want spoilers but it felt very Resident Evil 7/8 but yet remained the dark and gritty style of Diablo that I loved.
    Haha oh yeah first 5 levels intro, that was pretty interesting. Though I must say it does become a bit of a Diablo 3 feel in story after we meet "Leah"...

Overall it's a typical Diablo story - some mystery, some prophecy and unclear plot - once again you don't have an obvious big bad. Like Lilith is presented as one, but over the course of the Act 1 you do start to wonder.

My only worry is Blizzard blew their load on story at the start, because the story at the start of the game up to Lilth in the church was awesome and there wasnt anything on that level post that. Maybe blizzard are not done yet, maybe there is better to come and we haven't seen it, but the earlier half of act one just trumps the later half.
    Also true, starts good, but then sort of trails off fast.

I do have good feeling about how it will continue, so there might be some interesting stuff just yet. But yeah, Act 1 is like 10 mins of awesome and then a few hours of "ehh" as far as story goes.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2023-03-19 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    killed like 4 on my rogue. Got alot of gold and some legendary but overall it wasn't some big loot explosion. Pretty fast and tanky bastard tho, had fun chasing him.
    Hm. Aside from the world boss, I didn't get many legs either. I only got 3 on my Sorc, 2 on Rogue, and 2 on Barb before I killed the w-boss. Now I am decked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    You get a ton of legs from dungs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I don't think so the price will lower in like first six months or even a year.

As for the hype I was against all those "D4 is so revolutionary, flawless and incredible game" videos posted on YT, it does more harm than not saying anything. I did not expect D4 to be perfect and its not. But so far its just very solid game and i think even "standard" playthrough with some exploration will give me like 100 hours of gameplay easily.
    Personally for me D4 is just superior to D3 in every way because I just don't like rifts as endgame in D3 and in D4 there alot more activities to do like dungeons, all those events scattered around the world, strongholds, world bosses etc. Obviously after some time it won't feel that fresh after 50, 100, 200 dungeons but still I think its way better than rifts.

The real question for me hovewer is what Blizzard will do in seasons. Because this will decide if the game will keep me occupied for few months or fow few years.
    Perhaps, it all depends on the initial sale I suppose. Then again, its Diablo and that sells for itself. Atleast it should. It might just be a me thing though. Were I find it harder and harder to justify a 70+ euro cost for a game im not 100% sure i'll spend ALOT of time in. I've spendt money on big titles before and been burned, so I suppose theres a bit of negativity in me from the get go.

I played all of the previous Diablo games and non of them really made me put in thousand of hours. D3 was ok for a while, but grew old real quick. Now, this game also hinges on how the BP will be. Not everything is clear there and I wouldnt be surprised one bit that its highly profitable to pay for it now and again. So theres box price+BP cost in a world were BP is the norm. Meaning, we are not just talking about D4 costs of a BP, but potentially a plethoria of games were you pay for it. I can somewhat live with BP, but I rarely cash out for them. If I did, it would mount to comical costs yearly.

Im left with the question: Is this game worth 70 euros just from completing the games story?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Hm. Aside from the world boss, I didn't get many legs either. I only got 3 on my Sorc, 2 on Rogue, and 2 on Barb before I killed the w-boss. Now I am decked out.
    Tried that vendor to gamble on? Got a legendary on every 4th or 5th item.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Im left with the question: Is this game worth 70 euros just from completing the games story?

BP is not needed to play seasons tho unless it will be packed with some gamebreaking boosts and I doubt that.

But theres noone who can answer your question if its worth to pay for it 70 euros except you.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Yeah, legendary chance on gamble looks pretty high but I prefere when they drop. Its much more exciting to get one from drop than just buying it.

Lol like 10 minutes after typing this post dropped legendary gloves for my sorc in dungeon that alows to have two hydras at the same time. Game over lol, sorc is broken at low levels. Even without hydras chain lightning do stupid amount of damage especially on single target with the power that increase damage when bounced from you.
    Last edited by Mamut; 2023-03-19 at 03:26 PM.

I've not had as much time to play as I hoped as Friday was mostly a wash for me with the queue and a couple of DC's and had IRL stuff to do yesterday, I did get a Sorc to 25 and did all the act 1 dungeons and side quests.

I liked the atmosphere, the open world and the combat which improved with levels and gear. It performed reasonably well with a stable frame rate on my 3080Ti with everything maxed and DLSS set to quality. I wasn't keen on the dungeons they seemed a bit basic and too large for the number of mob's, but will giving it a pass seeing it was the first act, the story was reasonable and voice acting was ok, I'm not that keen on the UI, I do hope they allow customisation down the line for it I would like it 25-50% smaller.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I've not had as much time to play as I hoped as Friday was mostly a wash for me with the queue and a couple of DC's and had IRL stuff to do yesterday, I did get a Sorc to 25 and did all the act 1 dungeons and side quests.

I liked the atmosphere, the open world and the combat which improved with levels and gear. It performed reasonably well with a stable frame rate on my 3080Ti with everything maxed and DLSS set to quality. I wasn't keen on the dungeons they seemed a bit basic and too large for the number of mob's, but will giving it a pass seeing it was the first act, the story was reasonable and voice acting was ok, I'm not that keen on the UI, I do hope they allow customisation down the line for it I would like it 25-50% smaller.
    Seeing something strange here. Why did you have to activate DLSS on the 3080TI? With my 6800XT I had 150+ fps @1440p with everything at max. Are you playing 4K?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Yeah, but I meant drops. I'm legendarily geared in all slots on every character now. I maxed the fuck out this beta.

Diablo is the only video game franchise I give a shit about.

So I'll use spoilers cause this is about story
    Who is the dog? My guess is Mephisto but he could be Diablo or maybe Belial.
    Also Inarius clearly is the bigger threat to humanity, not Lilith. I honestly think we are better of banishing her again but finding a way to make soulstones to bind angels cause Inarius and likely Imperius down the line will be much bigger threats; plus the prophecy talks about a spear killing Mephisto (Hatred) so that is probably Imperius killing him with Solarion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    So I'll use spoilers cause this is about story
    Who is the dog? My guess is Mephisto but he could be Diablo or maybe Belial.
    Also Inarius clearly is the bigger threat to humanity, not Lilith. I honestly think we are better of banishing her again but finding a way to make soulstones to bind angels cause Inarius and likely Imperius down the line will be much bigger threats; plus the prophecy talks about a spear killing Mephisto (Hatred) so that is probably Imperius killing him with Solarion
    Pretty sure Inarius is not a bigger threat, considering his main goal is to return to High Heaves. Sure, he is a dick that turns people into a zealots and is almost guaranteed to be a boss later on, but Lilith's first appearance in the chapel clearly shows how she intends to set people "free". Dog is a very welcomed unknown 3rd party, but I really doubt it would be one of Prime Evils. Sure they keep having a go at each other in Hell, but this modus operandi does not fit for me. Maybe it is our pal Zoltun Kull, considering he was mainly telling us how Horadrim are doomed to fail and collapse?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-03-19 at 04:59 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Pretty sure Inarius is not a bigger threat, considering his main goal is to return to High Heaves. Sure, he is a dick that turns people into a zealots and is almost guaranteed to be a boss later on, but Lilith's first appearance in the chapel clearly shows how she intends to set people "free". Dog is a very welcomed unknown 3rd party, but I really doubt it would be one of Prime Evils. Sure they keep having a go at each other in Hell, but this modus operandi does not fit for me. Maybe it is our pal Zoltun Kull, considering he was mainly telling us how Horadrim are doomed to fail and collapse?
    And Inarius would sell us out to get a chance to reenter Heaven (and probably needs to reenter Heaven to undo the damage Mephisto did to him. There is a place for the Nephalem in Lilith's plans. Doubt there is one for Inarius

7+ Year Old Account
    And Inarius would sell us out to get a chance to reenter Heaven (and probably needs to reenter Heaven to undo the damage Mephisto did to him. There is a place for the Nephalem in Lilith's plans. Doubt there is one for Inarius
    Sure there is a plan for them. As a crazed, cannibalistic Slaaneshy like cultists, as we saw in the opener. She literally told them to embrace the sin. Inarius not caring much for them does not mean he will instantly sacrifice everyone. He will simply use whoever he can and then will fuck off.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-03-19 at 05:11 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Idk, i'm glad people seem to be enjoying it. But this screams of riding the hype train. This is by all accounts a very bland version of diablo.

It's less streamlined than D3, less customizable than PoE, and for some absurd reason, they threw an open world at it.

Is the game ok? Yes
    Is it iconic/memorable? No

So, first beta weekend is basically over. Cannot say i didn't have fun with the game. Only annoying thing is some boss fights where i am running in circles most of the time instead of actually fighting and i found that really bad (like, log off once done kind of bad).

But honestly, i don't even have much feedback. It feels a demo and not a beta. Not enough sauce, not enough interesting things, felt just scratching the surface.

D3 beta was the same.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    So, first beta weekend is basically over. Cannot say i didn't have fun with the game. Only annoying thing is some boss fights where i am running in circles most of the time instead of actually fighting and i found that really bad (like, log off once done kind of bad).

But honestly, i don't even have much feedback. It feels a demo and not a beta. Not enough sauce, not enough interesting things, felt just scratching the surface.

D3 beta was the same.
    I mean they did have an actual beta with people who would be able to offer constructive criticism. This, like most "Beta weekends" is indeed a demo for marketing purposes. Mind you I did report a few bugs but I would not be surprised if less than one in a thousand people did.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean they did have an actual beta with people who would be able to offer constructive criticism. This, like most "Beta weekends" is indeed a demo for marketing purposes. Mind you I did report a few bugs but I would not be surprised if less than one in a thousand people did.
    They got plenty of feedback anyway. Diablo Reddit thread alone has nearly 1k comments.

This stuff is both marketing and beta, as most things like this are.

Hell yeah!
    Reported using middle click as force move and opening the map while using it to move causes the map to be non-interactable.
    If that's fixed, you know who to thank! You're welcome!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Seeing something strange here. Why did you have to activate DLSS on the 3080TI? With my 6800XT I had 150+ fps @1440p with everything at max. Are you playing 4K?
    Yep 4k with HDR.

Been playing a barrage Rogue today prefer it to the Sorc, it will be my first choice on launch if I don't like Necro next week.
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.
    But from what I can see it is quite probable Æthelstan was the first Brexiteer, likely the Farage of his age seeing off the European continentals in the very first successful Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Is it iconic/memorable? No
    As long as people have fun, being iconic/memorable is irrelevant.