Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bbr View Post
    35 hours to go.
    cant pre download yet it seems.
    You need to select Diablo 4 - Beta in the launcher. Default is Diablo 4 what cannot be downloaded yet obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    You need to select Diablo 4 - Beta in the launcher. Default is Diablo 4 what cannot be downloaded yet obviously.
    yep, found it.
    figured theyd predownload the whole game, and update it later - not have the beta separate as an install

Don't forget new drivers, a few cards got bricked last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Don't forget new drivers, a few cards got bricked last weekend.
    Wasnt it those exact "new drivers" that bricked the cards though?

Eh, these just got released.

It's unlikely to be software that damaged those cards. It's most likely a similar situation to what happened with New World where it was bricking 3090s but after an investigation it was revealed that the bricked 3090s were early models that had a manufacturing defect with weak solder joints. The cards were already faulty, it just so happened that it was New World (and now Diablo 4) that happened to be the thing they were doing when the defect surfaced and it was a high enough profile release that they became headlines.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsyek View Post
    It's unlikely to be software that damaged those cards. It's most likely a similar situation to what happened with New World where it was bricking 3090s but after an investigation it was revealed that the bricked 3090s were early models that had a manufacturing defect with weak solder joints. The cards were already faulty, it just so happened that it was New World (and now Diablo 4) that happened to be the thing they were doing when the defect surfaced and it was a high enough profile release that they became headlines.
    I guess they might have added some frame rate capping for D4 to avoid the bad publicity?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's always a good idea to set frame rate limit in Nvidia control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Wasn't that also what caused (or I should say: fixed, if you do limit) crashes on D2R with 30xx cards? I seem to remember something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess they might have added some frame rate capping for D4 to avoid the bad publicity?
    Seems that way, as when I first launched the D4 beta a couple days after it opened, I had to manually increase the frame cap because it defaulted to 60 FPS foreground and 8 FPS background

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Can't remember any decently big game lately that haven't had framerate cap in options.
    One of the first thing I check.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta is open.

1 hour for play beta,a lagged game with a lot of crashes.....this is blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    This beta just opened.

I have not crashed or lagged at all in this or the previous beta. And that isn't a common complaint among the community of beta players either.

The ques they have begun.

Necro is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Necro is awesome.
    Playing it as Melee or a summoner?

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Playing it as Melee or a summoner?
    Summoner. I love having an army doing my work. Literally eating an apple and letting these guys kill everything for me.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2023-03-24 at 05:10 PM.

I enjoyed it for about 30 minutes before crashing and being thrown back into the queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    Good lord, day 1 of an open invite with thousands and thousands of players all attempting to play at the same time… and you still feel the need to whine/complain about lack of playability. You are severely (or sincerely) out of touch.

This is Capultro.