Poll: Did you build your own pc or buy a prebuilt one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Count me in for building your own. I would never feel comfortable owning a prebuilt machine even if it was bought for me. I'd find a way to sell it and then use the money to build one.
    The only thing i find odd about this is that, unless you are a SERIOUSLY detail oriented person, a high-end prebuilt is going to be better put together than if you did it. And likely uses premium parts.

Keep in mind im talking like.. Origin PC or someone similar where you are DEFINITELY not getting your moneys worth - but if it was bought for me, i'd use it. They cable manage better than i could ever hope to (and i would certainly hope so given the 500+ over the MSRP on parts you're looking at).

For the "average" prebuilt, sure, im with you.

But if anyone wants to send me a 5,000$ Origin prebuilt or similar...

Yeah, ill just be keeping that.

Depends on the pre-built. I got an amazing deal last year on a pre-built with a 3080. The case and CPU cooler were kind of shoddy but a new case + cooler still had me saved a ton of money compared to the GPU prices and wait times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on prices, imo. I was shopping around for ages last year and was obviously stuck when it came to getting the gfx card, must have been looking and waiting for around 4 months. In the end, there was a good deal on one of the websites for a pre built with a RX 6800, so I went for that. Touchwood, it's been really good so far.

The motherboard and PSU were quite poor, so I asked to upgrade them, all good. I'd recommend specifying a CPU cooler also because they will likely use the stock one if you don't.

Have a shop around on a few sites, build your own setups and see what price you can get and them compare them to what prebuilds are offering.