Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by M1r4g3 View Post
    Argue all you want about forced multiplayer but the primary reason for its existence is them wanting you to see other peoples skins/effects in action which then you might buy in the store(which clearly needs to exist in a 70euro game).
    Nope multiplayer keeps the game active for far longer, the more support the game also gets the more content gets added, this game is going to have a ton of content at the start, single player games dont get as much support and get left behind, most diablo players want a game they can keep playing as long as possible not just get the best gear and your done.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

If there is a big boss for me to defeat, such as a world boss, I would prefer to defeat it alone. As far as I understand, there will be other people buzzing around you.

Nope.

Thats not complete "don't buy", but it for sure makes me reconsider.

Atm, I'm waiting to see what the end game is. They have avoided telling anything about it so far (i think). In fact, the only mention about end game that I can remember was that they are telling about it after the beta.

Not preordering.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Nope multiplayer keeps the game active for far longer, the more support the game also gets the more content gets added, this game is going to have a ton of content at the start, single player games dont get as much support and get left behind, most diablo players want a game they can keep playing as long as possible not just get the best gear and your done.
    So you agree with me..?

Argue all you want about forced multiplayer but the primary reason for its existence is them wanting you to see other peoples skins/effects in action which then you might buy in the store(which clearly needs to exist in a 70euro game).
    That, plus a not insignificant additional benefit of making piracy impossible.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

So you agree with me..?
    Players dont care at all what cosmetics you buy so they are not going to care what most players are wearing, the only cosmetics worth anything are from earning it playing the game, im all for a shop to help support and keep the game getting new content.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Atm, I'm waiting to see what the end game is. They have avoided telling anything about it so far (i think). In fact, the only mention about end game that I can remember was that they are telling about it after the beta.

Not preordering.
    Yep, these are my thoughts as well. If the best endgame stuff can only be obtained by joining a group, or if the delta between SSF gear and group-only gear is too noticeable, it will be a big no-no as far as I am concerned.

It is the first time I don't preorder a Diablo game.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Yep, these are my thoughts as well. If the best endgame stuff can only be obtained by joining a group, or if the delta between SSF gear and group-only gear is too noticeable, it will be a big no-no as far as I am concerned.

Its a game where you should want to group up with others to complete content, i hope there is content that only groups can complete, playing a game completely solo is boring and those games get shelved fast, if you want to miss out on probably the best game releasing this year then your the one missing out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Players dont care at all what cosmetics you buy so they are not going to care what most players are wearing, the only cosmetics worth anything are from earning it playing the game, im all for a shop to help support and keep the game getting new content.
    "Players dont care at all what cosmetics you buy..."

My experience is quite different.

In one of my mmo's we have housing contests and transmog contests, most of which are very "cosmetic" orientated, and also very popular. Sure there is the occasional achievement item, gear, but not much, it's mostly paid for items.

But your perspective that "only achievement gear matters" and that D4 is orientated for that, makes me even less likely to get D4 now. I really don't need another "gear chase" type of game.

Also as an aside, still playing Skyrim, Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, GOW, Warhammer TW: 3 (single player) and Cyberpunk. So, personally I really don't need other players to maintain interest in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post

Same.

It feels sad, like the end of an era, but it really feels like Blizzard has drifted away from me. I am just not interested in what they are producing nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post

In one of my mmo's we have housing contests and transmog contests, most of which are very "cosmetic" orientated, and also very popular. Sure there is the occasional achievement item, gear, but not much, it's mostly paid for items.

But your perspective that "only achievement gear matters" and that D4 is orientated for that, makes me even less likely to get D4 now. I really don't need another "gear chase" type of game.

Also as an aside, still playing Skyrim, Fallout 4, Dishonored 2, GOW, Warhammer TW: 3 (single player) and Cyberpunk. So, personally I really don't need other players to maintain interest in a game.

- - - Updated - - -

Same.

It feels sad, like the end of an era, but it really feels like Blizzard has drifted away from me. I am just not interested in what they are producing nowadays.
    You are being overly dramatic. Most people don't give a crap about what cosmetics you get, theres definitely a fringe who definitely care but its not a lot. The game can't just cater to one specific person anyways.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That's what Diablo essentially is.
    I'm curious on what you wanted out of D4 if not the gear chase.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    That's what Diablo essentially is.
    I'm curious on what you wanted out of D4 if not the gear chase.
    I want what I had with D3. A single player game, I defeat the big bad, there is a closing cinematic, I start again with a different class.

I happily did that for over a year. And then "seasons" seemed to take over, and suddenly the game felt like I had to log in everyday, so I lost interest. But I had fun before that.

I don't need "dailies", I just want a good story with an ending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You are being overly dramatic. Most people don't give a crap about what cosmetics you get, theres definitely a fringe who definitely care but its not a lot. The game can't just cater to one specific person anyways.
    Fringe? They would not have a store if there is not interest in cosmetics. Again, in another mmo housing guilds are a thing. Housing tours, housing contests... And there are several hundred player members. And the guild is by far not unique.

That is not fringe.

I want what I had with D3. A single player game, I defeat the big bad, there is a closing cinematic, I start again with a different class.

I happily did that for over a year. And then "seasons" seemed to take over, and suddenly the game felt like I had to log in everyday, so I lost interest. But I had fun before that.

I think that's possible in D4. Though I agree on the point of wanting a fully SP game as a choice.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

- - - Updated - - -

Same.

Obviously when you set up something specifically for cosmetics you will get the few that care about them but they still mostly only care about what they look like and not other players, most players dont care about anything other than themselves or rare good looking cosmetics at most.

D4 will have a ton of things you unlock from playing the game, legendery powers, there will be achievements for cosmetics and probably wing options.

You dont want a gear chase type of game, thats the whole point in a diablo game.

You assume that everyone lacks self control and covets what others have, which isn't the case. There are numerous reasons and we do live in a world where the majority have easy access to internet, this isn't diablo era of lan parties being the most popular method of multiplayer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    You assume that everyone lacks self control and covets what others have, which isn't the case. There are numerous reasons and we do live in a world where the majority have easy access to internet, this isn't diablo era of lan parties being the most popular method of multiplayer.
    "Might buy", yes that implies everyone /s

There are numerous reasons, the primary being money, secondary being gameplay, especially in a primarily solo game.
    People thinking they are smart enough to not get affected by any form of manipulation heh

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    Is not the store, but other people killing my bounty monsters.
    Especially early on in the game when everyone and their mother are playing Diablo 4. I hate wasting time waiting on things in games.

Edit:
    Let me add another thing.
    FOMO on dailies that I absolutely hated in WoW and is currenlty in Diablo Immortal.
    Literally none of anything that anyone is talking about in this thread as a problem will be happening in Diablo 4.

I'm a FNF alpha, closed beta phase 1 and closed beta phase 2 tester. NOTHING you're worried about is going to be in Diablo 4.

Are you bored...?
    If we could all sit and talk without demonizing one another and attempt to understand the opposite point of view, the collective world would be a better place. Mental bigotry is the worst of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    You don't need everyone to want to show off their cosmetics. These stores are worth the time to implement because enough players care.

We have years of real world examples showing that you can run games off of the desire of people to show off their cosmetics to others.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

- - - Updated - - -

Fringe? They would not have a store if there is not interest in cosmetics. Again, in another mmo housing guilds are a thing. Housing tours, housing contests... And there are several hundred player members. And the guild is by far not unique.

That is not fringe.
    The story will end as it happens in every Diablo. You will see the credits and then unlock Adventure mode or whatever it will be called in D4.

Dailies or whatever are the new bounties. I don’t think they will give exclusive rewards, if you miss out some, next day there will be others.

I won’t comment cosmetics because I never cared about them in in 35 years of gaming and I won’t surely start with D4.

5+ Year Old Account
    playing a game completely solo is boring and those games get shelved fast
    Speak for yourself, I'm having a lot of fun with some good ol' single player RPGs, including some ARPGs like Sacred or even the occasional season of D3.

Speaking of D3, I would be a bit more cautious before the "best game releasing this year" part. Some people seem to have forgotten the unholy mess that was vanilla D3.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    The story will end as it happens in every Diablo. You will see the credits and then unlock Adventure mode or whatever it will be called in D4.
    I am not saying I don’t trust you (I don’t really know you tbh), but I want that confirmed. In a printed review. Multiple sources would be nice. Before I even consider a purchase.

It’s Blizzard I don’t trust.