Page 1 of 2
LastLast

new prime governor of desolate council?

in the past the desolate council had a leader the Prime Governor Vellcinda so we see now we don't have a leader or someone who uses the title. although now lordaeron becomes a republic it should have a president or prime minister who in the forsaken case would be prime governor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    in the past the desolate council had a leader the Prime Governor Vellcinda so we see now we don't have a leader or someone who uses the title. although now lordaeron becomes a republic it should have a president or prime minister who in the forsaken case would be prime governor
    I think it would resemble more a constitutional monarchy no? The Queen as a non-party head of state while the affairs of the country are managed by a parliament representing the various different interests of the country -- in this case the apothecaries, dark rangers, forsaken army, etc.

Well in that case the role of prime governor was to bring grievances directly to Sylvanas, who they still all obeyed completely, just using the hierarchy to deal with the more mundane day to day tasks of running the kingdom.

I don't think that's needed, but am not against continuing to see as far as Horde Council meetings primarily Voss and Calia showing up for the forsaken. It's already a crowded room, you don't need to bring everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like Calia will be similar to Queen Elizabeth. No real power, but a figurehead. She may be on the council too.

As for the horde council, Id like it to be Lilian. Lilian meeting with Baine, thrall etc for general horde things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get the impression Calia will eventually become the prime "whatever" of the new Desolate Council, if not become the new Queen of the Forsaken altogether.

But after you do the quest all of them are standing there saying "the new Desolate Council is formed" so wouldn't that imply that Calia is also apart of the council as an equal member?

Like it matters.... What did the Horde council do sofar....
    These writers at blizzard cant handle story building around councils you will hear nothing about them anymore till they need to kill more Horde lore characters.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I get the impression Calia will eventually become the prime "whatever" of the new Desolate Council, if not become the new Queen of the Forsaken altogether.

But after you do the quest all of them are standing there saying "the new Desolate Council is formed" so wouldn't that imply that Calia is also apart of the council as an equal member?
    I think they all in part represent some part of the Forsaken identity.

Calia there as the continuation of the Lordaeron monarchy thus giving the Forsaken some sense of legitimacy as a Kingdom.
    Voss who has her finger on the pulse of the needs and wishes of the Forsaken citizenry.
    Faranel who represents the Apothecaries being a politically powerful faction within the Forsaken.
    Belmont who is the new commander of the Forsaken's armed forces.
    Velonara who is the new leader of the Dark Rangers.

Combined they represent every element of the Forsaken culture's identity and its institutions.

Kinda sad there's no cult of Shadow rep
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think they all in part represent some part of the Forsaken identity.

Calia there as the continuation of the Lordaeron monarchy thus giving the Forsaken some sense of legitimacy as a Kingdom.
    Voss who has her finger on the pulse of the needs and wishes of the Forsaken citizenry.
    Faranel who represents the Apothecaries being a politically powerful faction within the Forsaken.
    Belmont who is the new commander of the Forsaken's armed forces.
    Velonara who is the new leader of the Dark Rangers.

Combined they represent every element of the Forsaken culture's identity and its institutions.
    Very true. Voss also represents new group of Forsaken raised in Cataclysm by val'kyr, while Faranel, Belmont and Velonara are the part of the original group butchered and raised by Scourge, who fought to reclaim Lordaeron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Kinda sad there's no cult of Shadow rep
    I think the Cult of Shadow is sort of defunct at this point, having been more or less subsumed by the Convocation (the Priest Order Hall) as of Legion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    I think the Cult of Shadow is sort of defunct at this point, having been more or less subsumed by the Convocation (the Priest Order Hall) as of Legion.
    Why would that entail that the Cult of Shadow would disband? The class Order Halls were a neutral ground, but people didn't give up their loyalties to the Alliance, Horde, or any other faction (or sub-faction) because of it.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I feel like Calia will be similar to Queen Elizabeth. No real power, but a figurehead. She may be on the council too.

As for the horde council, Id like it to be Lilian. Lilian meeting with Baine, thrall etc for general horde things.
    Agreed. When we did the storyline I felt like the various groups within the Forsaken had their representative. Belmont for the deathstalkers and rank and file military. Faranell for the apothecaries and scientists. And Voss seemed to fill in for representing the common man.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Why would that entail that the Cult of Shadow would disband? The class Order Halls were a neutral ground, but people didn't give up their loyalties to the Alliance, Horde, or any other faction (or sub-faction) because of it.
    The Cult of Shadow was itself more or less neutral - its leader was a Human Shadow Priest Natalie Seline, but it boasted acolytes of almost every race both Alliance and Horde. But when the Convocation was created, the various Priest orders were essentially rolled into it and have their own places within the Convocation's Hall. Not to mention that much of the older CoS had given itself over the Old Gods in any case, with only a few of its members remaining loyal to Seline's teachings.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Would be cool to see Calia flip to Shadow Priest when she gets mad. That's all the Cult of Forgotten Shadow I need.

Which is an atrocious writing decision frankly, the flavor for them isn't the same at all.
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Which is an atrocious writing decision frankly, the flavor for them isn't the same at all.
    Agreed, but then the larger part of the Cult had also fallen into Old God worship - so perhaps it simply wasn't strong enough to stand on its own anymore.

Agreed, but then the larger part of the Cult had also fallen into Old God worship - so perhaps it simply wasn't strong enough to stand on its own anymore.
    That's ALSO a terrible writing decision and retcon. Up there with making the Night Watch in duskwood legion cultists.
    Twas brillig

It would grace them to not invest too much power in one person. Let their "prime" minister merely relay the decisions of the council.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    That's ALSO a terrible writing decision and retcon. Up there with making the Night Watch in duskwood legion cultists.
    Well, it does make some sense for the Cult of Shadow - Shadow Priests touch the Void a good deal, and the Old Gods are products of the Void. There's definitely a risk in playing with proverbial fire like that. The Night Watch being Legion cultists I agree never made sense, and was just one of those story reveals that was a waste of potential in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its clearly Voss if its anyone. She brought everyone together and convinced the others to allow Calia to help. Calia wants no part in leading she has made this clear multiple times she only wants to help as much as she can. Belmont would probably kill Calia if she tried to become leader.