Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Retribution Paladin Tuning in Patch 10.0.7

Retribution Paladin Tuning in Patch 10.0.7
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With a hotfix that will be deployed to Live environments shortly, we are making the following adjustments to Retribution Paladins:

Damage

Retribution Paladins have been overperforming in terms of their damage output, so we’re making some adjustments here to bring them more in line with our intentions.

• All damage reduced by 3%.
    • Instrument of Retribution duration reduced to 9 seconds (was 12 seconds).

In addition to this we have a hotfix coming at a later date related to Execution Sentence and its unintended interactions with various damage boosts.

Defenses

One of our major goals with the rework of Retribution Paladin was to give them a significant boost to their survivability, as this was an area where they were previously underperforming. We overshot the mark here and Retribution Paladins are proving to be more durable than we intended. As such, we are making some defensive reductions to bring them more in line with our intentions.

• Fading Light - Blessing of Dusk causes your Holy Power generating abilities to also grant an absorb shield for 3% of damage or healing dealt (was 10%).
    • Aegis of Protection increases the value of Shield of Vengeance by 10% (was 20%).
    • Shield of Vengeance duration reduced to 10 seconds (was 15 seconds).
    • Lightforged Blessing now heals you and your party for 2% of maximum health (was 3%).

Back into the trashcan we go.

3 percent? Is that it? In every RBG there is at least 3 Ret Paladins doing double or even triple the damage than the rest of the players. Had a 1900 player team against another 1900 player team but they had two 0 rated Ret Paladins with them and they boosted the 1900s. It feels like Shadowlands convoke the spirits all over again.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfunk View Post
    Back into the trashcan we go.
    Hahah... overdramatic much?

This feels like a slap on the wrist honestly lol. But it being a hotfix I bet they're rolling this out and keeping and eye on how they perform from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    TO.

THE.

GROUND!!!!

-Ghostcrawler

This is nothing, they'll still be overpowered, DF ruined in one patch. I'll return for the next xpack, seems DF went down the toilet quick

fun detected, grab the bat!!

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    3 percent? Is that it? In every RBG there is at least 3 Ret Paladins doing double or even triple the damage than the rest of the players. Had a 1900 player team against another 1900 player team but they had two 0 rated Ret Paladins with them and they boosted the 1900s. It feels like Shadowlands convoke the spirits all over again.
    omg 3... no wai!! I've never seen 3 of any class in an RBG before... omg nerf this class into the ground...

*snore*

Quote Originally Posted by Valhalladin View Post
    Ret got massive pvp nerfs last week that included a bunch of nerfs.

Retribution
    Developers’ notes: Retribution Paladins have been heavily overperforming in PvP with their recent 10.0.7 changes. We’re primarily targeting their burst damage, passive survivability, and PvP talents that we feel are contributing too much overall damage.
    Judgment of Light healing reduced by 35% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    Inquisitor’s Ire effectiveness reduced by 40% in PvP combat.
    Fading Light effectiveness reduced by 75% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    Justicar’s Vengeance now deals 15% additional damage to stunned targets in PvP combat.
    Justicar’s Vengeance healing reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
    Blessing of Dawn effectiveness reduced by 25% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    Divine Arbiter direct damage reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
    Vanguard of Justice effectiveness reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
    Empyrean Legacy increases the damage of Divine Storm by 15% in PvP combat (was 25%).
    Luminescence (PvP Talent) now increases damage and healing by 2% (was 4%).
    Lawbringer (PvP Talent) now deals 2% of maximum health (was 4%).
    Fixed an issue that caused Avenging Wrath’s 75% PvP multiplier to not function for Retribution Paladins.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Ret got massive pvp nerfs last week that included a bunch of nerfs.

Retribution
    Developers’ notes: Retribution Paladins have been heavily overperforming in PvP with their recent 10.0.7 changes. We’re primarily targeting their burst damage, passive survivability, and PvP talents that we feel are contributing too much overall damage.
    Judgment of Light healing reduced by 35% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    Inquisitor’s Ire effectiveness reduced by 40% in PvP combat.
    Fading Light effectiveness reduced by 75% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    Justicar’s Vengeance now deals 15% additional damage to stunned targets in PvP combat.
    Justicar’s Vengeance healing reduced by 50% in PvP combat.
    Blessing of Dawn effectiveness reduced by 25% for Retribution Paladins in PvP combat.
    Divine Arbiter direct damage reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
    Vanguard of Justice effectiveness reduced by 25% in PvP combat.
    Empyrean Legacy increases the damage of Divine Storm by 15% in PvP combat (was 25%).
    Luminescence (PvP Talent) now increases damage and healing by 2% (was 4%).
    Lawbringer (PvP Talent) now deals 2% of maximum health (was 4%).
    Fixed an issue that caused Avenging Wrath’s 75% PvP multiplier to not function for Retribution Paladins.
    do you actually play the game or just copy paste their notes? have you even done pvp before? these were not nerfs at all, they are still so overly broken its absurd them having half of all players above the 2400 bracket

Gotta love when Blizzard just trashes and nerfs a class to the ground cause the crybabies don't want to suck on their bottle of similac instead. The theme is lets keep crying and crying until Blizzard nerfs the class so bad and we can beat them easy and fast in arenas. Part of the reason I don't PvP. Hell it is enough hearing the crying in PvE.

I already went back to Havoc, the rework was good, but as melee dps I don't like having so much single-target friendly utility. I have to cast LoH, BoP, BoSW, Sac, freedom, cleanse, FoL, WoG on others to get the most out of the spec. However, switching targets is a dps loss, so all of these need a macro. This is awful gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinchi Migi View Post
    Gotta love when Blizzard just trashes and nerfs a class to the ground cause the crybabies don't want to suck on their bottle of similac instead. The theme is lets keep crying and crying until Blizzard nerfs the class so bad and we can beat them easy and fast in arenas. Part of the reason I don't PvP. Hell it is enough hearing the crying in PvE.

3% is not nearly enough. Rest assured there will be more to follow. Stop using the crybaby excuse and suck it up

They are overperforming in M+ by a degree far more than 3% at the moment. ST is kinda meh but their AE is just nuts right now.

And yet DH's and some other specs can still keep up with or out dps ret paladins in M+...... but yes lets instantly get on nerfing ret after its been trashcan tier for so many years.

5+ Year Old Account
    Needs more nerfs in pvp, this will not be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Needs more nerfs in pvp, this will not be enough.

Damn. Is that real? Just shows how this game is screwed balancewise for pvp. So many specs completely ignored and only 5 above 2000 mark. Crazy.

Always amuses me how much hyperbole there is in MMO-C forums. Every comment is one extreme or the other, rarely a nuanced take or patience to see how things will play out over time. Ret was really bad for quite a while; now it's had a couple of weeks of being super good, and Blizz is throttling it back to be somewhere inbetween. Tuning is never done, on any spec, and I am sure they will continue to tweak as we go. Sorry if I am being too stoic for all the doomsayers out there.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2023-04-06 at 12:01 AM.