Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to keep all raid content / difficulties relevant throughout an expansion.

Myself and a bunch others i know have reached the point where there are no more upgrades gearwise, to get.

the idea would be like this:

Normal-mode raid drops actual items etc.
    Heroic & Mythic drops tokens to upgrade specific gearpieces by +2 / +4 Itemlvl.

Mythic + weekly drops gear and has an optional choice to get 3x+4 itemlvl tokens.

To prevent one from only upgrading specific pieces to +500 itemlvl, there would be a cap that prevented you from upgrading gear past +8/+10 itemlvls of your lowest gearpiece (equipped).

If looting and upgrading worked in this fashion, we'd have people running "old content" even though they had cleared all content.

To prevent previous itemlvl pieces to be relevant into new raids/seasons, the gear would gradually lose it's power by the release of new content.

So everyone would have to farm normal mode until they got all their gear to upgrade, even if they are mythic tier raiders?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one wants all raid content / difficulties relevant throughout an expansion because that leads to severe grind and burnout.

Think it through.

I'll never understand ppl like this. Getting a +2 ilvl token sounds dumb af. At that point just open up excel and play around in sims.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    I'll never understand ppl like this. Getting a +2 ilvl token sounds dumb af. At that point just open up excel and play around in sims.
    ...which is exactly what people do nowadays
    (Not to say the idea is good. I don't think it is.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    ...which is exactly what people do nowadays
    (Not to say the idea is good. I don't think it is.)
    I agree. But at least there are some items you are specifically seeking out and when they do drop its a good feeling. Ill never get the ppl that are like "exactly 7.32 weeks away ill have enough currency to finish this piece of gear". No excitement that way, all calculated. Feels like a checklist of chores with an exact end date

God, no. Having to run every difficulty every week sounds dreadful.

I think it is different playerbases not understanding one another. Few people raid for power...there are some but most comes down to wanting to progress and or enjoying difficult encounters.

You don't really see the grind for power crowd there...

5+ Year Old Account
    My brain is not able to process that. I did read it like ten times and I’m still confused.

7+ Year Old Account
    That sounds like hell to me man. I love raiding but that would burn me out to fucking fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post
    Myself and a bunch others i know have reached the point where there are no more upgrades gearwise, to get.
    It's been 4 months. Realistically I don't think there's any point in drawing it out. We're long past the raid-or-die days where stuff got really drawn out over that period of time.

If you don't like gearing alts, pushing score, or progging there's not much to do past month 3ish in a patch. And idk I think that's fine? Good time to play other games then come back for a new season!

TBC worked well. Karazhan up to SWP

In a world where Mythic plus no one would bother showing up to this. Also now a very large portion of the playerbase only use Mythic plus as an endgame activity which has diminished the benefits of raiding and this sort of change would be one of the strongest nails in that coffin. The goal is to nudge people into raiding to refill the natural attrition of raiding this does not do that at all.

Lets hope we keep getting a creation catalyst to allow us to avoid raiding for tier sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemol View Post

the idea would be like this:

Normal-mode raid drops actual items etc.
    Heroic & Mythic drops tokens to upgrade specific gearpieces by +2 / +4 Itemlvl.

Mythic + weekly drops gear and has an optional choice to get 3x+4 itemlvl tokens.

To prevent one from only upgrading specific pieces to +500 itemlvl, there would be a cap that prevented you from upgrading gear past +8/+10 itemlvls of your lowest gearpiece (equipped).

If looting and upgrading worked in this fashion, we'd have people running "old content" even though they had cleared all content.

To prevent previous itemlvl pieces to be relevant into new raids/seasons, the gear would gradually lose it's power by the release of new content.
    Ok big question for you - how one earth does this help keep "all raid content and gear relevant through the entire expansion" when part of your system is specifically designed to stop that from happening? Seems like a solution in search of a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Reminded me this.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no problem with the lack of content.
    While finiteness of gear upgrades is an unsolvable problem within an expansion and you are just piling more upgrades on it.
    Imagine the coming of the stat squeeze afterwards.

Just accept that there will be a point in expansion where you will have your character maxed out and wait for the next expansion.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    This is.. So dumb.
    So you put in 200 wipes on the last boss, and all you get out of it is +4 ilvl?

Fantastic way to kill mythic raiding. People can say "oh I'd still raid" all they want, most people do it for loot.
    Same with m+, if there's no incentive, people don't do it, just look at how many people do above 15s, it's miniscule. The amount of people who do above 20s is even lower. Going by: https://raider.io/mythic-plus/cutoffs/season-sl-3/eu 25% of people have done all 15s, not even 10% have done all 20s, all 25s is .4%

Gearing in raids has become meaningless for the most part.

I mean they are nerfing things 30, 50, 75, hell even a 90% Tuesday. Not to mention nerf waves that have already taken place. The gear treadmill failed because they tuned the raids to make like a 100 guilds happy with the content. Mythic should be somewhat exclusive but what's the point of having a whole mode with like only 1-2000 people doing to finish.

They need to design mythic around like the top 20% of players. Sure, make the last boss or two really rough so the top 1% can get thier rocks off for a week or two. Then you end up maybe letting time pass and gearing make those easier or if you need a few nerfs to those couple bosses though later go for it. At this point though this raid tier was kinda an embarrassing effort with tons of nerf waves and not to mention a really insane one Tuesday. Kinda looney it's like.. insanely huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Gearing in raids has become meaningless for the most part.

I mean they are nerfing things 30, 50, 75, hell even a 90% Tuesday. Not to mention nerf waves that have already taken place. The gear treadmill failed because they tuned the raids to make like a 100 guilds happy with the content. Mythic should be somewhat exclusive but what's the point of having a whole mode with like only 1-2000 people doing to finish.

They need to design mythic around like the top 20% of players. Sure, make the last boss or two really rough so the top 1% can get thier rocks off for a week or two. Then you end up maybe letting time pass and gearing make those easier or if you need a few nerfs to those couple bosses though later go for it. At this point though this raid tier was kinda an embarrassing effort with tons of nerf waves and not to mention a really insane one Tuesday. Kinda looney it's like.. insanely huge.
    People do not raid becouse of m+ no becouse raids are hard. You can nerf raids to the ground and players will still not bother becouse it will always be easyer to run single 5 man dungeon than 20 man raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias1337 View Post
    People do not raid becouse of m+ no becouse raids are hard. You can nerf raids to the ground and players will still not bother becouse it will always be easyer to run single 5 man dungeon than 20 man raid.
    oooobal.. ewwwwgal... doooobah..

I think I get it.