Thread: Diablo Immortal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I'm kind of wondering if some of the newer lore elements of Diablo: Immortal will feature in Diablo 4. Examples include the two major factions of D:I, the Immortals and the Shadows, as well as the legacies of their respective leaders in the form of the nephalem brother and sister Kion and Akeba (as well as their mother Daedessa). With Corvus having such a large role in the background of the game, will it too be a location in Diablo 4?

D:I has a lot of interesting lore tidbits, as well as extended implications, for the Diablo franchise as a whole. What happened to both major factions in the events of Diablo 3, for example, and why didn't they aid in the battles against the Prime Evil(s)? Are they still active in Sanctuary in the timeframe of Diablo 4, and if so, will they aid in the upcoming battle against Lilith and her forces? If the factions no longer exist, does the Eternal Crown created originally by Daedessa still exist in some form?
    Good questions. I just want to share some information:
    - Daedessa, the Builder, and Corvus properties are mentioned in the Book of Tyrael. So it seems the ideas are part of Diablo lore for the last years.
    - Malthael attacked Tyrael as soon as possible because he feared Corvus city properties.
    - Malthael wiped 90% of mankind in ALL Sanctuary. However, he took special attention to Westmarch. Tyrael was there, and maybe Blizzard can say that strategically the Immortal and Shadows needed to be eliminated first. Maybe...Malthael destroyed those factions forever.

However, the Book of Tyrael didny mention Immortals or Shadows hehe, how this factions hid from the angel of Justice??? haha
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2022-07-14 at 12:23 AM.

Perhaps they were the first thing to be wiped by Malthael indeed.

Alternatively, maybe they were destroyed by Adria. Adria claimed Corvus, nothing tells us she claimed it as a ruin. D4 probably will have a focus on the Triune, what with Lilith. What if the Triune have the Eternal Crown?

Personally what I am looking forward to when it comes to DI lore is to see where the story goes. The Elite quests in Shassar were great world building and I really wonder what is going to happen in that area, especially given we will be questing there in D4. Will each zone get something similar? And I want to know why Cain's house has two inaccessible secret rooms!
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-07-14 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    Good questions. I just want to share some information:
    - Daedessa, the Builder, and Corvus properties are mentioned in the Book of Tyrael. So it seems the ideas are part of Diablo lore for the last years.
    - Malthael attacked Tyrael as soon as possible because he feared Corvus city properties.
    - Malthael wiped 90% of mankind in ALL Sanctuary. However, he took special attention to Westmarch. Tyrael was there, and maybe Blizzard can say that strategically the Immortal and Shadows needed to be eliminated first. Maybe...Malthael destroyed those factions forever.

However, the Book of Tyrael didny mention Immortals or Shadows hehe, how this factions hid from the angel of Justice??? haha
    I was familiar with Daedessa and Corvus from The Book of Tyrael, although D:I definitely amplified Daedessa's role in Sanctuary in terms of shaping two influential groups in the form of the Immortals and the Shadows via her son and daughter and the creation of the Eternal Crown. I didn't think of Malthael and his role in the near-destruction of Westmarch, though; and that could quite easily explain the ultimate fates of both the Immortals and the Shadows. Although that leaves open the question of the Crown, and whether Malthael either destroyed it outright or perhaps hid it for purposes unknown, given that it was a powerful artifact he could potentially leverage to forward his own goals.

From a Watsonian standpoint, I can see Tyrael kind of ignoring the Immortals and Shadows as not of consequence in the greater war between Heaven and Hell - and from the Doylist standpoint, I guess it's just down to D:I's lore not existing when the book was written.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Or, here me out, the Immortals moved out of Westmarch during or after the attack. I think the ultimate final villain of Diablo when it comes to power level is not Diablo. It's an evil Uldyssian. We start on the eastern continent in D4. Maybe in an xpac we will move to familiar grounds (or not, we can always go to Einsteig) and find a Nephalem supremacist kingdom bend on conquest