Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Just because something is easy, doesn't mean that "anyone" can do it. There are still requirements and limitations for "easy" things.
    Yes you have a point, I suppose you do have to account for players with high levels of mental disability and quadriplegics who can only play with their tongues. It's good to be aggressively, almost autistically pedantic; it's healthy for the conversation.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2022-12-07 at 02:46 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Yes you have a point, I suppose you do have to account for players with high levels of mental disability and quadriplegics who can only play with their tongues. It's good to be aggressively, almost autistically pedantic; it's healthy for the conversation.
    Yeah, that's not even the thing. It's astounding how many people zone out in their frames and dont move out of poison, or have the reaction times of a sloth and wipe the raid on thaddius, etc. Again, the content is extremely easy for alot of us, but some people just aren't there.

It backfired in an unusual way. Mostly that it was ineffective and didn't meet what it was suppose to do and as a result just made something mind numbingly easy just take longer, even if its just a little longer, for next to no reason. The only way you can really make something like Naxx even slightly challenging is to modify mechanics. Mostly because you are going up against stuff designed to foil level 60 tool sets with level 80 ones.

it was quite fun seeing 80 naxx again with 60 naxx being a close enough memory to compare the two, 60 naxx was by far harder, the trash in 80 naxx isn't even close. most of the shit things they do in 60 naxx just doesn't exist in 80 naxx. was naxx 80 buffed this time around, the only thing I noticed was tanks even with 40k hp were able to get one shotted by patchwerk but i'm not sure if that was just a hateful targeting issue or ppl not being def capped (unlikely) or just the game bugging out. for the most part 80 naxx holds a lot of the same mechanics but nearly all the trash is much tamer. gothik's encounter was a bit bugged the bunch of times i've done it, the gate tends to open half way through the event if you stack on one side, I remember it wasn't difficult to nuke down the undead side but this time around its not as easy in shit gear. like in 60 naxx the mobs can kinda one shot ppl with arcane explosion when there are like 30 of them spamming it at the same time. they are immune to slows and traps this time around.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2022-12-07 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    it was quite fun seeing 80 naxx again with 60 naxx being a close enough memory to compare the two, 60 naxx was by far harder, the trash in 80 naxx isn't even close. most of the shit things they do in 60 naxx just doesn't exist in 80 naxx. was naxx 80 buffed this time around, the only thing I noticed was tanks even with 40k hp were able to get one shotted by patchwerk but i'm not sure if that was just a hateful targeting issue or ppl not being def capped (unlikely) or just the game bugging out. for the most part 80 naxx holds a lot of the same mechanics but nearly all the trash is much tamer. gothik's encounter was a bit bugged the bunch of times i've done it, the gate tends to open half way through the event if you stack on one side, I remember it wasn't difficult to nuke down the undead side but this time around its not as easy in shit gear. like in 60 naxx the mobs can kinda one shot ppl with arcane explosion when there are like 30 of them spamming it at the same time. they are immune to slows and traps this time around.
    The mechanics per say are there, they are just negated by 1. how fast trash is nuked down by all the AoE in 80 and 2. there are roughly x3 times as many ways to interrupt and stun them in 80.
    Last edited by Elder Millennial; 2022-12-09 at 04:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    Yeah, that's not even the thing. It's astounding how many people zone out in their frames and dont move out of poison, or have the reaction times of a sloth and wipe the raid on thaddius, etc. Again, the content is extremely easy for alot of us, but some people just aren't there.
    Some? Most of what I've seen so far. If you aren't in the "elite" of pugging, you are forever stuck at the wipe-wipe-disband pugs that happen. And since you can't get any kills, you can't get any gear, and it's a never ending loop. I still don't have a single 25man gear...
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Some? Most of what I've seen so far. If you aren't in the "elite" of pugging, you are forever stuck at the wipe-wipe-disband pugs that happen. And since you can't get any kills, you can't get any gear, and it's a never ending loop. I still don't have a single 25man gear...
    There is no "elite" of pugging. 200ilvl equip can get into 25mans and clear it w/o problem.

Can't wait for the ulduar post.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Can't wait for the ulduar post.
    Thankfully, at least on test realm, Ulduar will not be the Naxx faceroll
    "Peace is a lie"