Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Professions are becoming gameplay
    There's a dragon that we all use and can customize
    My Monk might be able to control his Clones and the bugs that he existed since WoD might not be an issue

You haven’t played Dragonflight so you can’t call it boring. You don’t know.
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer an expansion that added absolutely nothing except new dungeons/raids etc where they backed up and fixed some things that need attention. A real, honest return to basics would be preferable to me.
    Anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Moderation's for cowards.

5+ Year Old Account
    It will be an instant failure if there's nothing to do again like in Shadowlands. We need huge player power and character progression outside of raiding or the game is dead on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    You know, I kind of don't like the whole idea of Alpha/Beta, testing TBH. Games like FFXIV do internal testing. They take feedback later on for abilities and such, but the overall theme and features of the expansion aren't up for debate. That said. Blizzard should take into consideration feedback BEFORE implementing new features and content.
    Big difference between the games is the dev mentality
    I'm not sure I've heard about FF devs saying
    Players are the problem that caused devs to diddle each other
    Players don't understand the system that was changed days before launch
    Players can't handle saying no so they had to remove ML
    The restrictions Players complained about and were removed actually made the game better
    The reason devs don't talk is because of player criticism

Meanwhile Yoshi just says "hey we screwed up but thank you for playing our game. Don't take shots at other games"

Quote Originally Posted by Kayb View Post
    You haven’t played Dragonflight so you can’t call it boring. You don’t know.
    English is not even my main language and even I know the meaning of "Right Now" and "What We've Been Shown So Far"

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    It will be an instant failure if there's nothing to do again like in Shadowlands. We need huge player power and character progression outside of raiding or the game is dead on arrival.
    The profession gear is going to be able to be equal to mythic raiding. We are getting ZM style world content and gear. This is setting up to be an interesting expansion

Im excited about that there are no new shtty grindsystems like artifact, azerit or covenants.

So because we dont get Something like that i hope we get more/bigger dungeons/raids, good talent trees and more balanced pvp.

Ah and i wanna play a dractyr healer, hope he is fun, like mw monks.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    The profession gear is going to be able to be equal to mythic raiding. We are getting ZM style world content and gear. This is setting up to be an interesting expansion
    Yeah let's see how that plays out, personally I'm skeptical. I doubt it'll be like Legion/BFA where the game was super alive outside of raiding and you could always find reasons to do world quests and dungeons could be super lucrative.

Hopefully it'll be great.

Yeah let's see how that plays out, personally I'm skeptical. I doubt it'll be like Legion/BFA where the game was super alive outside of raiding and you could always find reasons to do world quests and dungeons could be super lucrative.

bfa was super alive KEKW

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    bfa was super alive KEKW
    Much more so than Raidloglands yeah. Islands and Warfronts were no fun, but at least the game gave you meaningful things to do outside of raiding, there was real character progression in the open world and dungeons (AP + TF).

Don't get me wrong BFA WAS BAD, because of the way they made you farm AP, fuck Islands. But I'll still take it any day over not having any real content after about a month, when all dungeons forever stop dropping useful loot and all you can do is wait for the weekly Vault. That's the worst gameplay, Mythic + has degenerated into a chore and checklist. Do your 4 or 8 or w/e dungeons, from which you can actually at some point get NOTHING so you can MAYBE get something next reset day in the vault, great design! Doing dungeons needs to at least have a chance to actually give you an item, this is so stupid that right now I could do 100 dungeons in a week and still have a 0% chance to get a single upgrade. It's like they're trying to make us quit!
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-06-28 at 10:43 PM.

I mean I remember the only reason I did world quests was legendaries

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    I mean I remember the only reason I did world quests was legendaries
    World quests were at least in Legion a great source of AP too. And there always was the small chance to get lucky and get a big Titanforging proc.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Im excited about that there are no new shtty grindsystems like artifact, azerit or covenants.

So because we dont get Something like that i hope we get more/bigger dungeons/raids, good talent trees and more balanced pvp.

Ah and i wanna play a dractyr healer, hope he is fun, like mw monks.
    If the dk tree is anything to go by for monk....I am so ready

Some of you nerds will never, ever, be happy. If you don't like it, don't play. What does complaining about it accomplish? You get to have a circle jerk with other folks who also pay for game they hate? WTF is the point?

Grow up, get over it, move on and find a different game to play.

World quests were at least in Legion a great source of AP too. And there always was the small chance to get lucky and get a big Titanforging proc.
    Yeah but I got to the final crucible unlock and just stopped caring
    The TF was kinda pointless after they nerfed it and with 10 locked slots it was meh

Mage tower kept me going but that's because in the end I just went for cosmetics

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    Some of you nerds will never, ever, be happy. If you don't like it, don't play. What does complaining about it accomplish? You get to have a circle jerk with other folks who also pay for game they hate? WTF is the point?

I was happy in Legion, less so in BFA and I'm unhappy with Shadowlands.

So there's that.

Legion was NOT perfect, AP should have been character or even accountwide rather than having to farm it for each spec individually. Legendaries should have been deterministic and maybe TF shouldn't have been all RNG, there should have been a way to upgrade your gear with like Valor.

BUT it was such a great expansion, so much to do, always something to look forward to and work towards. The expansion embraced character progression outside of purely raiding and it was phenomenal and insanely popular as a result. Shadowlands is an expansion that has taken the game 5 steps backwards.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-06-28 at 10:47 PM.

That's happened over the last few years
    Players have left

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

This is basically a huge part of the Blizzard community and has been for pretty much all of WoW's existence and even as far back as WarCraft 3. The Blizzard community loves to shit on the game that they're actively playing. In WarCraft 3 the complaint was that blizzard was greedy, clueless, and everything in WarCraft 3 was watered down from StarCraft. (Sound familiar btw?) Also that macro-management/econ was nonexistent. When WoW first came out the forums were filled with negativity. The only time I've seen the community not be toxic as fuck was the first 2 days of Legion when people were praising the world design / art. It's just what the Blizzard community does. Doesn't matter if the game is bad (WoD) or good (Legion) there will be a very vocal forum group that is extremely toxic.

Shadowlands was the first time that I thought from the start that an expansion was going to be bad. I'm pretty optimistic about Dragonflight because it's returning to some of the basics that the community says it wants without doing it in a weird hamfisted way like the community suggests.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

It's being made by the same people who thought SL was great, so I don't understand why anyone would be optimistic.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"