Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Good, but too late.

This should have happened 2 months ago.

In Dragonflight Mythic needs to be far easier from the start, fuck the Race to world first, no one cares.
    Mythic is NOT for you, it's specifically catered for the high-end competitive guilds. Stick with Normal or possibly Heroic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's pretty clear Blizzard has to stop tuning raids so high initially. I know that Mythic isn't supposed to be for the faint of heart but what's the use of the difficulty if 2-3 guilds clear it as intended, maybe 50-100 guilds get to see it as a slightly nerfed version and everyone else basically fights a different final boss?
    I mean, i said a few months ago that WoW basically doesn't have 4 difficulties, but 6.

There's
    LFR
    Normal
    Heroic
    Mythic

But actually then there's
    Post nerf Mythic (Mythic after all the nerfs are through)
    Final Boss Mythic (Because the Final Boss is usually so hard that it has no reason being within the same difficulty as earlier Mythic bosses)

It's arguably one of the reasons why i don't see myself returning to Retail any time in the future, i'm the kind of person who wants to have the best possible gear within the game but i've also reached a point where i don't want to wipe 300+ times on a boss anymore.
    Pre Nerf Mythic is effectively designed around players who dedicate 2-4 weeks entirely to WoW and i'm just not willing anymore to take time off with every patch so i can just focus entirely on WoW.
    If you join a guild that has a less degenerate raiding schedule then however you'll be progressing for months, which is something i don't really enjoy either because banging your head week for week on the same boss isn't very enjoyable.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-07-02 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gobarj View Post
    Mythic is NOT for you, it's specifically catered for the high-end competitive guilds. Stick with Normal or possibly Heroic.
    Ok,i think there is a grave misunderstanding here.

We have 4 raid difficulties in WoW, so every one gets something to their liking: LFR, normal,heroic,mythic
    That's fair enough, except this tier, the tuning for mythic is completely off. Many, many of the same people who safely did CE in the last years will not get it, not even with the new beers nerfs.
    This is because essentially, this tier mythic is not One difficulty, but it had 3 sub difficulties as well.
    Imagine it like this:
    LFR
    Normal
    Heroic
    Mythic - This is the equivalent to the mythic difficulty of previous tiers, we will be there with this new nerfs
    Mythic Hardmode - This is where we are right now
    Mythic Legendary - This is where we were 2 months ago

There is nothing that feels worse than progressing on a boss like Anduin for 180 Tries, knowing he will die next ID and waking up to a Nerf that makes him irrelevant.
    I am not getting the "yes, we finally got him!" Feeling from that, I just feel like I wasted my time a lot.

Tune the raids how they are intented to be from the beginning and stay with it. If something is not working as intended, fair enough, change it, but not on half the raid 6 times in a row.

Imagine after like 6 huge nerf ways you still manage to find a 75% nerf. Obviously tuning was perfect before hand. lol

As someone that got CE before the nerfs, I can say you are talking out of your arse. This raid was not rewarding, it was tiresome.

5+ Year Old Account
    Nonsense, Mythic is designed for ~ 1000 guilds. My guild is world 400 and has been consistently for years and we all hate this overtuned, garbage, outlier raid. Soon we're gonna stomp this shitty Jailer garbage fight into the ground and call it a day. Yay us.

So as you can see, Blizzard agrees with us. Not with you.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-07-02 at 10:32 AM.

For what do we have 4 difficulties if you try to please LFR raiders killing mythic jailers.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Imagine after like 6 huge nerf ways you still manage to find a 75% nerf. Obviously tuning was perfect before hand. lol
    Yes the raid was perfectly tuned. For the race to world first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    For what do we have 4 difficulties if you try to please LFR raiders killing mythic jailers.
    You are wrong and should feel wrong.

LMFAO blizzard
    Pls continue focus this game to 0,1% playerbase. HAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post

There is nothing that feels worse than progressing on a boss like Anduin for 180 Tries, knowing he will die next ID and waking up to a Nerf that makes him irrelevant.
    I am not getting the "yes, we finally got him!" Feeling from that, I just feel like I wasted my time a lot.

Tune the raids how they are intented to be from the beginning and stay with it. If something is not working as intended, fair enough, change it, but not on half the raid 6 times in a row.
    Raids have been harder for world first raiders, then nerfed since Vanilla WoW. If raids were never tuned, either all the top guilds would clear everything in a day and it would be boring, or 99.9% of guilds wouldn't be able to kill most of the bosses

Yes the raid was perfectly tuned. For the race to world first.

- - - Updated - - -

You are wrong and should feel wrong.
    and all it took was about
    - about 900million+ Gold
    - doing so many Splitruns as Possible to get 4 Set on as many Players Possible
    - Instead of actually doing Mythic you spend 5/7 Days doing Heroic Splits so you can continue gearing up
    - dedicated Weakaura Writers so you can manage the Clusterfucks that Blizzard created

and so on. You say perfectly tuned but in Reality they got Gear worth 6-8 weeks of Playing in 1-2 Weeks

as if anybody enjoys doing all this Shit before they can RAID

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Unfortunately, according to Ion's own words, not much is going to change in Dragonflight with respect to how they try to tune/design these raids... at least for now.
    Which is a big part of why I am not resubbing for DF.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Good, but too late.

This should have happened 2 months ago.

In Dragonflight Mythic needs to be far easier from the start, fuck the Race to world first, no one cares.
    unfortunately many people care.

Whats the point of having hard mythic in the beginning and then nerfing it?

It should either leave it as is, only for the most "hardcore" players, or make it more accessible to "average mythic raider", not some weird in between.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludek View Post
    Whats the point of having hard mythic in the beginning and then nerfing it?
    What is the point of having hard mythic at all?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, who cares at this point tbh. Bosses are nerfed by 2 difficulties since release

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's pretty clear Blizzard has to stop tuning raids so high initially.
    No, they don't. Their philosophy has switched a lot since Vanilla/Burning Crusade in getting more eyeballs into the raids. Naxxramas from Vanilla and Black Temple took a lot of money to develop and estimates are about 10% of people saw the inside of Naxxramas let alone cleared it back in Vanilla. Granted there were some mistakes Blizzard made that contributed to the Naxx issue, like releasing it too close to TBC's launch when TBC had Green quest rewards that had better stats than Naxxramas' loot, but when they added the plot arc about Acherus breaking free from Arthas' control and Naxxramas being relocated to Northrend as a result, the raid was brand new content for the vast majority of the players.

This is not the first time they've done these kinds of nerfs either. As far back as at least Patch 3.3, Fall of the Lich King, they have nerfed the final raid (yes, ICC was the final real raid of Wrath). After a while Horde Players would have the Hellscream's Warsong buff and Alliance had the Strength of Wrynn. These started out as buffs to the raid being 5% more health/healing/damage while in ICC. Overtime they ramped it up higher than that. All they're doing here is rather than adding a zone-wide buff, they're just doing modifications to the encounter mechanics as they see fit.

It is a delicate balance between making the raids challenging enough to keep people invested and making them easy enough so that guilds and groups don't fall apart. If they had stuck with the Vanilla/BC raiding paradigm, then there would be even less people playing it. Look at Burning Crusade. Kael'thas was the major block to most guilds getting attuned for Black Temple and Battle of Mt Hyjal. My guild was the 6th on the server to do it and when word got out, we had a flood of people applying because their guilds just could not do it.

Finally, this is the final raid of the expansion so they want to get at many people through and as many groups getting AotC before Season 4 launches in August and AotC is no longer available. So they're letting people have their fun and so forth in the latter days of the expansion. People are probably already unsubscribing because they've done everything in Shadowlands that they want to do and that number will only increase as the summer goes on. Everyone is now waiting for Dragonflight alpha/beta and 10.0 to hit the PTR. So everything is focused on the people that remain having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    cool story if even after these nerfs this raid wasnt still harder than all previous mythic raids lol,imagine BEFORE ALL THESE NERFS

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    You know, I used to try understanding people who complained about mythic being too hard, and while I still really can't understand the desire to "do it" when it's nerfed... I really don't understand Blizzard's mentality with all these nerfs? Why exactly does everyone need to be able to try/do mythic? Is it because they put special features in and they want people to experience them?
    Because Blizz has quotas they want to meet and it's possible that not enough people have attempted or cleared mythic as hoped.

Blizzard wants many people to do the content, otherwise they have no reason to continue developing such content in the future, when only a handful of people are going to see it. Like why spend significant development resources on what the 0.01% do and not what everyone else does?

Basically, if no one but 5 guilds can see all of Sepulcher Mythic, then developing it in the first place was a waste of money and time.