Is Dragonflight on track for 2022

With Alpha officially under way, who's still nervous about a 2022 release? For me, the stream I saw looking at professions seemed like it had quite a bit of work remaining. What I've seen of Evokers gives me hope though.

They don't need seven+ months to test profeasions and classes. Nobody wants to remain in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by ichornet74 View Post
    With Alpha officially under way, who's still nervous about a 2022 release?
    Anyone who has been following WoW for the past 8 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    They don't need seven+ months to test profeasions and classes. Nobody wants to remain in Shadowlands.
    And the cycle continues lol

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I think they said they’re only releasing a little at a time to get focused feedback on everything.

It might have just been for the zones, but it makes sense for everything else too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

4 to 5 months where they listen or somewhat listen to us is better than a year of testing with them going " I know you all are saying this system isn't going to work well but trust us it will just wait and see". So it all depends on how much they listen to feedback vs how they did in SL and BFA.

Honestly most of it seems pretty far along.
    Not saying nerves are unjustified, just that i don't see reason to have them worsen at present.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rumred View Post
    4 to 5 months where they listen or somewhat listen to us is better than a year of testing with them going " I know you all are saying this system isn't going to work well but trust us it will just wait and see". So it all depends on how much they listen to feedback vs how they did in SL and BFA.
    Also this.
    Plenty of work can be done in a fraction of the usual time if it is taken seriously.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Well, there aren't many new systems to test. Most of it will just be balancing and bugfixing.
    Dragonriding and maybe professions are new, the rest is just same as always or already had been done (talents trees). They just don't need to test new stuff like Artifacts, that PvE "base builder" mode, Torghast, Island Expeditions or whatever else we left behind

What makes me worried is the lack of most of the classes just four months before they must be ready. If we go by a December release date (which is already quite late), pre patch is coming mid November - which is four months from now. And the classes need to be done by that time. And we only have 6 available right now of which one is brand new. And classes that always struggled in the past (Monk, Shaman) are not done yet, worries me.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Kind of worried talents for half of the classes arent even finished yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nervous?

It's just a game. I have plenty of shit to be nervous about IRL, some unknown issues that may or may not happen at release in some game? Could not give a fuck, really.

Here's what will happen - some stuff will be cool and great, some stuff will be broken and rise eyebrows, the balance will be all over the place and we will still play World of Warcraft as it plays for 2 decades with dungeons and raids and our characters.

It went this way every expansion ever, so like whatever. In the end the new dog will say "woof", it won't say "meow" - in this expansion we will get the stuff we get as usual both up and downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Kind of worried talents for half of the classes arent even finished yet.
    Not only not finished (because all of them are unfinished), but not even ready to be previewed.

They just need basic functionality so 2022 will probably be fine. It wont be before until the last patch of 10.2 when the talents are actually ready. Thats why I think they picked a smaller scale story - use the expansion as ground base for new talents to figure out how exactly to balance them around and which spells to actually bring back instead of a lot of the poor selections so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And classes that always struggled in the past (Monk, Shaman) are not done yet, worries me.
    Shaman was arguably one of the least touched classes in SL (if not THE least touched one). I know because I main it, and as far as Ele and Resto goes, I remember just a handful of small tweaks.
    Anyway, according to their blog shaman is next in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse12 View Post
    And the cycle continues lol
    Yeah, thought the same and smiled.

The funny moment starts in 1+ year(s), when you see the poster you quoted writing:
    “Nobody wants to remain in Dragonflight.“

And the cycle continues…
    Last edited by Niwes; 2022-07-15 at 12:24 PM.

There is little chance the game will be in a polished state by the end of this year. They will either release a pile of steaming hot shit or postpone. I'd guess it will be the latter.

Also, the amount of content in this xpack is probably going to be pathetic, just like shadowlands. At this point, I think current team is simply not capable of developing WoW. They're just not good enough, not even close. They should be replaced.

I am very much looking forward to being wrong though.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2022-07-15 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Shaman was arguably one of the least touched classes in SL (if not THE least touched one). I know because I main it, and as far as Ele and Resto goes, I remember just a handful of small tweaks.
    Anyway, according to their blog shaman is next in line.
    Yeah, exactly because of that. Elemental is still one of those specs that is... just in shambles. Same can be said about Monk, which doesn't even have any changes besides Brewmaster yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, it's only talents, professions and dragon-riding that really need to be thoroughly tested. There aren't any other major new systems. And talents are more about balancing. So far I am cautiously optimistic they can make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, exactly because of that. Elemental is still one of those specs that is... just in shambles. Same can be said about Monk, which doesn't even have any changes besides Brewmaster yet.
    tbh, i would give a fuck, IF they would add „Gust of Wind“ back as talent. then i could ignore EVERY design flaw Ele has.