Worth getting Shadowlands before offers ends? Elder mount

Hey all
    Do You guys know if the wandering elder mount will be avaible to those who don't buy SL and wait for it to be merged into the base Game?
    Is worth getting Shadowlands right now before the discounts end or should I wait for prepatch where it's merged with base game?

My only interest from SL would be Dark Ranger appearance and the Wandering Elder mount.

Thanks for the input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

There is a %50 sale right now if I were you I wouldn't risk it and buy it right now. I am sure you will enjoy it more than you imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by egeerkan View Post
    There is a %50 sale right now if I were you I wouldn't risk it and buy it right now. I am sure you will enjoy it more than you imagine.
    I care about the lote more than I would like, and what Danuser did to the game in SL is jailworthy for me. I'm only interested in the Elder mount and the Dark Ranger seems a safe bet You can get it anytime
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    I care about the lote more than I would like, and what Danuser did to the game in SL is jailworthy for me. I'm only interested in the Elder mount and the Dark Ranger seems a safe bet You can get it anytime
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-ancient-mount

Last year we collaborated with our World of Warcraft communities across the globe to create a new mount to gift all players with Shadowlands activated on their account. Now the winning choice—the Wandering Ancient—is available to all players with Shadowlands activated on their account and for those who purchase Shadowlands at a later date. Eligible players can find the Wandering Ancient in their Mount Collection tab (Shift + P).
    the official page doesn't list a time limit so unless blizz openly announce one, it won't go away.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-ancient-mount

the official page doesn't list a time limit so unless blizz openly announce one, it won't go away.
    But once DF hits and they merged Sl with the base game, does having the base game allows you to get the mount or it makes anyone buying the game after the merge unable to get the mount?

I've done this with other games, so I'm not immune, but you gotta laugh at how predictable we consumers are that we're willing to purchase a cosmetic for a game we acknowledge is trash just on the off-chance that maybe in the future it'll be worth playing again and we wouldn't want to have missed out on some cosmetic in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I've done this with other games, so I'm not immune, but you gotta laugh at how predictable we consumers are that we're willing to purchase a cosmetic for a game we acknowledge is trash just on the off-chance that maybe in the future it'll be worth playing again and we wouldn't want to have missed out on some cosmetic in particular.
    I know. It's kinda annoying and it's also What I'm on the fence wheter should I buy SL or risking not getting the Wandering Elder mount.

When the game it's trash right now and DF has barely a sliver of hope of not following the dame path.

But once DF hits and they merged Sl with the base game, does having the base game allows you to get the mount or it makes anyone buying the game after the merge unable to get the mount?
    Prsumably, the Wandering Ancient would either be included with the base game at that point, or moved to one of the digital collectors packs for Shadowlands.

I doubt they would make it unavailable without warning.

But then again, they made the old starter gear unobtainabke after promising the opposite.

I know. It's kinda annoying and it's also What I'm on the fence wheter should I buy SL or risking not getting the Wandering Elder mount.

When the game it's trash right now and DF has barely a sliver of hope of not following the dame path.
    I did it recently with SWTOR. Logged in after a few months away and saw the battlepass was about to end so I subbed for a month just so I could use my credits and cartel coins to finish the pass and get everything from it. And I probably won't log in to SWTOR again for months, maybe, if at all. Literally minutes after doing it I felt regret that the money was probably wasted.

That has led me to think that I'm not going to be spending money on games any longer other than actually buying a game or buying something resembling an expansion. I may be nearly done with MMOs completely because they ALL expect extra spending in some fashion, even starting as unobtrusively as requiring a subscription.

then i think you're kind of screwed on a more concrete answer. even if you go through the blizz support process, you're just going to get some third party staff that won't know any actual details or upcoming plans. it'll just have to be your best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by aceperson View Post
    then i think you're kind of screwed on a more concrete answer. even if you go through the blizz support process, you're just going to get some third party staff that won't know any actual details or upcoming plans. it'll just have to be your best guess.
    I should toss a coin.

I'm confused. If you don't already have SL then presumably you haven't played the game in at least 18 months, and you don't seem convinced you'll come back for DF. Why do you care about getting the Ancient mount if you don't intend to play the game? If you did you'd already have the mount and this wouldn't at all be an issue.