View Poll Results: How popular will this new class be?

Voters
359. This poll is closed
  • High Tier (Druid and Hunter level)

86 23.96%
  • Mid Tier (Demon Hunter and Death Knight Level)

155 43.18%
  • Low Tier (Monk level)

118 32.87%
Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How popular will the Dracthyr Evoker be?

Simple question: How popular will this class be? Do you think this class has the chops to be as popular as Druids or Hunters? Will they be mid-tier like the other hero classes Demon Hunter and DK, or will they suffer the same fate as the Monk class and be near the bottom? Let's hear your predictions.

Well they start at level 58, so they won't suffer the disadvantage that Monks had. Players will be able to get them on the same playing field as their current mains fairly quickly. I predict mid to high tier.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

There's the potential of Evokers being at least mid-tier. However, some of the complaints, with this being the first race/class combo, is how off the race looks. From it looking gangly, "scalie bait", and not necessarily matching up with the rest of WoW's aesthetic, Blizzard has to really make sure drackthyr have plenty of appearance customization as well as some model tweaking to help get it matched up and blend well with WoW's aesthetic. Not to mention making sure the class itself is well balanced so that neither spec is bottom-tier for very long to avoid any stigma about it being a waste of a class and whatnot.

Really hard to tell. Until we see the charge mechanics in action and how the spec fits together, it's tough to judge if it'll be fun or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

There's a zillion monks running around because they're very strong right now. If the Evoker is a strong class, most likely people will be using them regardless of the looks or functionality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Higher level will help for sure, besides that it depends on how good (op) it ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    There's a zillion monks running around because they're very strong right now. If the Evoker is a strong class, most likely people will be using them regardless of the looks or functionality.
    Yeah but monks are also not locked to pandaren and pandaren rank quite low on most played races.

It could be high if they change the drakmeh hideous looks, really hope they do it would be such a waste of a class and a race.

But as things stand right now I vote for low tier. If they allow other races to ve invokers it can drastically boost their numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Yeah but monks are also not locked to pandaren and pandaren rank quite low on most played races.
    Good point, good point, but in the end I still think they'll be popular if they're very strong.

Typical of any expansion with a new class, they'll be everywhere with the new hype... then teeter down over time. The single and only class to the race would probably not make them popular in the long run.

Will they bring a solid raid/M+ utility/buff? If so, they’ll be very popular.
    If they don’t, then they might be “popular” as alts, but won’t see much representation in ranked content.

I’m glad they finally gave us a new Ranged DPS spec, but the games has been suffering from spec bloat for a while now and those who fall outside the Meta can struggle for groups, even in easier content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Simple question: How popular will this class be? Do you think this class has the chops to be as popular as Druids or Hunters? Will they be mid-tier like the other hero classes Demon Hunter and DK, or will they suffer the same fate as the Monk class and be near the bottom? Let's hear your predictions.
    The Dracthyr is already red in my book because they can only be the one class, Evoker. And Evoker is already red in my book because it can only be the one race. I would've loved to see other classes on a Dracthyr (Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Priest, Evoker).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on how strong and fun it is to play. The customization options will play another big role together with lore.
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

Charles Baudelaire

As it has another interactin with it in the form of holding a button i guarantee that the moment we can play them there will be a "Evoker are to complicated 1!!1!!11!! I don't know what a spacebar is!!!" type of thread

Whoch will cause the the class to be hated by the "I don't want to learn to play the game"-faction

Depends entirely on how strong and fun they are. DKs and DHs both had the benefit of starting near max level, being very powerful, and have new/unique/fun mechanics for the time period. Monks started at 1 in an expansion where it still took days of played time to hit max level, with no time to level them before the expansion. They also were not particularly fun or unique. They were still fun in my book, but nothing like Death grip/runes/DnD/raise ally/3 tank specs/etc for DK or momentum/blur/glide/eye beam/meta for DHs. They had roll and chi torpedo? But those are basically just blinks or charges. Plus monks were not particularly good or wanted. Mid tier dps, bottom end heals, and squishy tanks. They fixed that over the expansion and they were really solid in WoD, but the damage was done for a lot of players. Even now they tend not to be particularly strong.

Not enough info on evokers yet. Hopefully they end up alright, they just need to be fun, unique, powerful, and bring something useful to the raid. Even today, Death grip will usually secure the slots of 1-2 DKs per raid, and Darkness gets you 1-2 DHs as well. If evokers had some powerful tool for raids, they'll be leveled and played at least for that.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to play it regardless. After 12 years on one class, it's high time I get to change my main to something more along my preference patterns. I like casters, I like dragons and i'm pretty happy with what we've seen so far.

I hope they're not too popular so they overflood the character base. That's the one drawback to having the race/class locked, is that you know every single Dracthyr you see is gonna be an Evoker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    As it has another interactin with it in the form of holding a button i guarantee that the moment we can play them there will be a "Evoker are to complicated 1!!1!!11!! I don't know what a spacebar is!!!" type of thread

Whoch will cause the the class to be hated by the "I don't want to learn to play the game"-faction
    You can toggle the 'charge' function on and off (to what degree I'm unsure), but the devs said it's a toggle.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard to say without knowing more of its toolkit...but it is has a typical hero launch where it's OP for its inaugural expansion...people will play it because it's OP

DPS Spec will go more popular than the Healer Spec. Nobody plays a healer or tank anymore due to player perception and also abuse if they mess up. I will give the healer a go. Always played a Resto Druid so will give this a shot and see how things go

Its gonna be on the lower side,in fact im pretty sure it will be the least popular class and race simply because of the nature of it,not everyone who wants to play an evoker will want to be that race,and people who want to play the race may end up not wanting the class

the concept naturaly brings extra hurdles against it,and my guess is that it was done on purpose to not have 90% of the playterbase flood to it,in wrath launch there were bg's i played where only dk's and paladins were in lol

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Its gonna be on the lower side,in fact im pretty sure it will be the least popular class and race simply because of the nature of it,not everyone who wants to play an evoker will want to be that race,and people who want to play the race may end up not wanting the class

the concept naturaly brings extra hurdles against it,and my guess is that it was done on purpose to not have 90% of the playterbase flood to it,in wrath launch there were bg's i played where only dk's and paladins were in lol

Part of that was because both were crazy op at that point, some classes just had no way to compete against them, like plague strike absolutely fucking druidsover, and launch was the worst part for it.

Nobody wants to play a game where they are absolute useless through retarded design.