Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    This is harmful to the very people they are trying to be "inclusive" to. Gender Dysphoria is a very real thing, and it's very sad. It leads to a large amount of suicides.

But seriously, enabling and encouraging delusions doesn't help those with those delusions.

Infracted for hateful language.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 03:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Those aren't the only bills being passed lol. Things like access to even having healthcare and treatment they need. I even heard they're trying to go after trans adults by restricting access to such medications for even adults. I should not be surprised, some states in the US are also trying to restrict access to AIDS meds. Those laws just simply target transgender individuals in all aspects possible.

Trans athletes are a pseudo-problem and have led to actual pedophilic laws passed that require YOUNG KIDS (imagine a 10 year old) to go through genital examination in order to actually play sports if someone gives an anonymous tip they might be trans. Hint: this affects cis kids too, if someone just doesn't like their competitor. The benefits of having gone through male puberty (which could be prevented by, you guessed it, trans healthcare in form of puberty blockers) and then transition are marginal and comparable to an athlete having other forms of advantages, like better coaches or access to equipment etcetera. No cis man is going to go through the ordeal of transitioning in order to compete with women for 'easy points', and this panic also hasn't really been reflected in the statistics of trans athletes winning all medals.
    I can't find a single thing on any state restricting adults from accessing gender conforming treatment or anything about states trying to restrict access to aids medication. I agree that things like gender affirming surgery should NOT be legal on anyone under the age of 18.

As for genital examinations, I assume you're not a male or didn't grow up a male. Or at the very least never tried out for a sports team as a male. When I was a kid you had to undergo a physical before you were allowed on any sports team, even at 10. This includes a testicular exam. I'm in IL so maybe other states never had that? But here that's been a thing in one of the most progressive states in the country for generations. Are you saying that Illinois is actually pushing pedophilic laws?

I won't be responding to you after this post as it seems half of your stuff hasn't actually been properly researched and I'm not going to debate on the topic. You have your point of view and I have mine and nothing I say will change that. I also could NOT care less about the topic.
    Last edited by Eon Drache; 2022-07-16 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Ah yes, Elden Ring. The children's game.

The Mature rated childrens game.

Also you seem to have forgotten steroids are used as a treatments for some illnesses.
    Some illnesses yes..... But they are forbidden most of the time because they also shorten your lifespam in extreem amounts...
    Just find documentries about bodybuilders that are in their 60's what happens when you pump steroids in high amounts over a long time its damaging most of the time in a few cases you get away with it but its more rare then those that keep a negative effect.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-07-16 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    For your first part, I attempted to find any proof of this claim, and it doesn't seem to exist. In fact the only thing I could find is California eliminating restrictions on getting PrEP, which is the opposite of what you claim.
    On this particular point: There is a Texas Lawyer named Jonathan Mitchell (who wrote Senate Bill 8- the one where you can turn women in for getting abortions for money) who is currently working on getting cases on the books that lay the groundwork for limiting access to PrEP
    Last edited by jubilantjulian; 2022-07-16 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    How do you explain androgen insensitivity syndrome?
    I explain it as the rare genetic anomaly that it is. Without external alterations, the male grows up to be an effeminate male. Not a female trapped in a man's body. Gender modification surgery is not the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    why are they adding pronouns to characters at all? it was never there, never needed to be there.
    I don't like it either, but they've been in there since day 1. By pronouns they don't mean they'll have your pronouns in the tooltips and shit, it's just for the dialogue that NPCs refer to you as. Basically doesn't matter to anyone who isn't playing on a RP server (which they've already had through TRP addon anyway). Either way, pointless changes but whatever it's to be expected from today's society.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Oh look, more misinformation and bullshit.

For your first part, I attempted to find any proof of this claim, and it doesn't seem to exist. In fact the only thing I could find is California eliminating restrictions on getting PrEP, which is the opposite of what you claim.

The trans kid athlete thing... they always check your genitals. It's called a fucking physical and every kid going into sports should get one and is required to in most places to prevent injury. Doctors are going to touch your junk throughout your life quite a bit, it's part of a full checkup. Giving kids puberty blockers is a whole nother bee's nest, and I stand on the side that it's an absolutely horrible idea. We're starting to see an uptick in children with osteoporosis because of these things, there is no way to 'pause' development without consequences.

Finally, you're looking at hundreds of thousands of studies that show gender is not a social construct vs maybe a couple thousand that do. Gender is absolutely tied to sex definitionally, and only insane gender theorists who have never once touched the scientific method say otherwise.
    re. PReP: https://www.advocate.com/news/2022/7...bortion-rights

Jonathan Mitchell has written suits to restrict PReP medicine in Texas (and like conservatives do, this likely would be followed by other red states).

Also, doctors very rarely do a genital examination for girl athletes. The process of which is also very invasive and traumatic. Tried googling a bit to see what the current practises are and they don't check it (only ask questions), unless there's an injury I guess. But even if you require a physical, sure. Needing it every time someone mentions you might be trans? That's not a great look.

Finally, the general scientific consensus is on the transgender people's side. Sorry. Perhaps those 'hundreds of thousands' come from idk, hundreds of years ago when we still didn't have that good of an understanding? Right now, though? Denying that transgender people are valid is anti-science.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    OR, could it be that there's so many bigoted assholes out there telling trans people that they're monsters, that it leads to a much higher suicide rate because they're more or less social outcasts?

I realize everyone thinks their anti-trans propaganda is perfectly sound and logical, but they can't possibly fathom how ignorant they are most/all of the time.
    I know this is the fiction that everyone tries to spread, but even beyond this not mapping onto any other discriminated against group in all of human history, they have also done studies specifically on trans people showing victimization and depression/suicidality isn't statistically correlated.

The problem we have now is that just stating factual information gets taken as being transphobic. The sheer amount of bullshit on both sides we need to wade through to get to what science actually says is astounding. We're even at a place where certain unnamed news stations blare out blatant misinformation to push an agenda, but maybe it was always that way and I just had a better view of the news when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Some illnesses yes..... But they are forbidden most of the time because they also shorten your lifespam in extreem amounts...
    I don't mean to alarm you, but you also have hormones in your body.

Pretty sure I'll take the doctor's words on them rather than random ones on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Denying that transgender people are valid is anti-science.
    Biological Science doesn't agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Never really heard about it personally 10-15 years ago, but now you hear about it all the time. And I kinda look at it similar to being gay in that its a set % chance of happening at birth. So for the % to increase so dramatically seems odd and maybe there are causes for some of those cases outside of mother nature but perhaps that is more information sharing/ more info on it.
    For sure, dude! I guess the way I look at it is that I would have still been a part of the percent that is born trans, but I just wouldn't have put the words to it if I never heard it. Anyway you're pretty chill, and that's cool

i feel like its understandable why trans people are so emotional over this

I can understand (not justify) why bigots are so emotional over this.

I can not think of a reason why people who are not a member of these two camps would be emotionally invested. So I ask you, which one are you? if its the entire science thing that bothers you, brother/sister/idkwhatgoeshere, you're picking a really fucking weird hill to initially die upon. go start a fight with the flat earth kids, noone likes them.

imagine if instead of whining and acting like a bunch of entitled cunts online, we did something positive for a person in our lives. hell, what if we did something positive for a person we just met online, and tried to not initially shit all over whatever theyre presenting?

humans online are more aggressive then steroid rage chimpanzees in the wild. fucking bizarre innit?

Blizzard always panders in the ways that make it the object of ridicule. I remember when they used to ban lgbt guilds way back in vanilla and tbc because they thought it was the wise thing to do.

Now they are being mocked for trying to be ahead of the curve... ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    why are they adding pronouns to characters at all? it was never there, never needed to be there.
    That's what happens when your new mission statement is to have at least 50% of all programmers be part of the LGBTQIA+LMNOPQRS nonsense. Let's glorify mental illness and call it normal. Go woke, go broke. -1 Sub today

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzal View Post
    Here’s the question that no of you people can answer. How does it hurt you?
    It's desensitizing people and calling mental illness normal.

Infracted for Hateful language
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-07-16 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't mean to alarm you, but you also have hormones in your body.

Pretty sure I'll take the doctor's words on them rather than random ones on the internet.
    Normal amount of hormones.....
    When you pump extra hormones in your body you will kill yourself.

Watch documentries about bodybuilders.... Transgenders ect.
    You will see what hormones in high dosis over a long timespam will do to your body and its killing you slowly......

Just that you put somebodies feeling above the facts does not mean that you help these people infact kill their selfs.
    You think you support them but infact you supporting them is killing them and you should be ashamed of yourself.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-07-16 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Weilyn View Post
    That's what happens when your new mission statement is to have at least 50% of all programmers be part of the LGBTQIA+LMNOPQRS nonsense. Let's glorify mental illness and call it normal. Go woke, go broke. -1 Sub today

- - - Updated - - -

Increasing the concurrent base by 50% is not "50% of all programmers"

I hereby diagnose you with stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Weilyn View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Except, the medical and scientific community do not classify LGBTQIA+LMNOPQRS as a mental illness. I find it hard to believe it isn't, but I also didn't go to 12 years of med school/residency, or have the credentials to dispute it.

Mental illness or not, we should all be treated equal.

Just find documentries about bodybuilders that are in their 60's what happens when you pump steroids in high amounts over a long time its damaging most of the time in a few cases you get away with it but its more rare then those that keep a negative effect.
    Oh really? What's your highest level of medical knowledge? I assume you have a medical degree, since you're speaking with such confidence on the subject. So what, are you a resident? A PCP? Maybe you opted for a specialty and you're an endocrinologist, since you know so much about hormones?

Quote Originally Posted by Twkd View Post
    i feel like its understandable why trans people are so emotional over this

I can understand (not justify) why bigots are so emotional over this.

I can not think of a reason why people who are not a member of these two camps would be emotionally invested. So I ask you, which one are you? if its the entire science thing that bothers you, brother/sister/idkwhatgoeshere, you're picking a really fucking weird hill to initially die upon. go start a fight with the flat earth kids, noone likes them.

imagine if instead of whining and acting like a bunch of entitled cunts online, we did something positive for a person in our lives. hell, what if we did something positive for a person we just met online, and tried to not initially shit all over whatever theyre presenting?

humans online are more aggressive then steroid rage chimpanzees in the wild. fucking bizarre innit?
    Why do you have to be a bigot to be emotionally invested and against it? It's along the same reason I get frustrated with a lot of progressive minority beliefs and agendas. Not because I hate the people they're "supporting," but because they take responsibility or growth away from their respective groups and often makes matters worse for them, which GIVES fuel to actual bigots, which is a shame. It's a vicious cycle.

Gender dysphoria is real. There are two sexes short of genetic anomalies, this is also a fact. And there is an insane amount of disagreement with terms even within the progressive crowd. Like they constantly spout how gender stereotypes should be tore down (which I agree with), then they create new "genders" based around previously stereotypical gender roles...

People need help when they're unhappy with how they naturally are, not to be encouraged to physically mutilate themselves to be happy. This is not a bigoted or hateful belief. If you want to be a very feminine dude, go for it. If you like make up and purses, who cares. But to force people to call you what you want because you struggle with your own reality and then gather with other socially "progressive" people to shame over 50% of the population into shutting their mouths or risk social damage or even losing their job is actually crazy and dangerous.

Normal amount of hormones.....
    When you pump extra hormones in your body you will kill yourself.

Watch documentries about bodybuilders.... Transgenders ect.
    You will see what hormones in high dosis over a long timespam will do to your body and its killing you slowly......

Just that you put somebodies feeling about the facts does not mean that you help these people infact kill their selfs.
    You think you support them but infact you supporting them is killing them and you should be ashamed of yourself.
    You're really reaching here to try to pull some weird guilt card that doesn't exist.

I mean, "it's killing you slowly"

Congratz, so is everything. Life is killing you slowly. What the hell are you measuring "slowly" by anyway? Not that I expect any sort of honest discussion on this.