Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilantjulian View Post
    For sure, that's something to keep in mind. It's pretty nice of you to be worrying about stuff like that. I got some friends who'll like the change so I'm happy for them regardless, but it does suck if it's just a publicity thing and all
    No one should be able to tell others how to live outside of hurting others. And someone identifying as another sex doesnt hurt anyone so naturally I'm fine with it.

I just dont understand the obession for putting in current day issues into fantasy like warcraft or race changing cultural works like lord of the rings. Like why? Let people kill some orcs and not have to think about shit for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    People can call me ignorant or whatever, I just want to understand the above.
    The way i see it, some people see the traditional gender / sex aspect as antiquated and / or false, as they perceive it as discriminatory that one puts people into binary categories.
    A video game doing this is (the way i understand it) a reminder of this discrimination and thus perceived as bad, in the same way you could make the argument that the absence of a female character excludes women, as the portrayal of binary gender is excluding to nonbinary people.

The second aspect is a more general one and that some people basically hold the view that every form of media contains a social commentary and thus must abide by those societal norms.
    That's why you have people criticizing a book where a character calls a Goblin greedy, because they perceive Goblins as a reference to jewish stereotypes and is thus (indirectly) promoting some form of anti semitism.
    Or a given race (such as trolls) being portrayed as not very educated, because Troll culture draws inspiration from Haitian (or Caribbean) culture, thus implying the stereotype that those cultures / people troll culture is based upon are not civilized.

Hence you also have some people pushing that fantasy genres should put away the concept of some races being inheritely evil, because it implies the stereotype that certain cultures / people are evil.

All of this "inclusivity" just smacks of checking boxes for the sake of checking boxes. In reality, I bet Blizzard don't give a rats about anyone who isn't white, straight, and male.

Props to Square and FF14 for not being chicken wusses, unlike Blizzard, when it comes to saying male and female.

Body type is not equal to gender!

To be clear, I have no problem with people identifying as whatever they choose in real life, and this change doesn't really bother me either, I just want to understand why a fantasy game all of a sudden needs to reflect reality (in this way, at least).

People can call me ignorant or whatever, I just want to understand the above.
    It doesn't bother you ... but you seem offended and upset by it... hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Uhm, excuse me? Those are body 2 gender non-specific breast tissue, my body 1 sibling from another body 2 birthing body.
    Sorry sorry. I meant to say body type 2 nipples are more enticing than body type 1's nipples. So we cannot trust the body type 1's of the world to be ok with body type 2 showing off their nipples. Thats for onlyfans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Or you have no idea of what localization means. In Eastern Europe, it definitely says Male and Female, same in the middle east.
    You where trying to disprove his comment that Japan didn't do it and instead localizers did. I think you don't understand what localization means since the Japanese version is native and everything else is localized.

I'm also going to assume you're just wrong to be completely honest even on the 2nd point since you made a bs claim to begin with, later come back with the "you don't know what localization means" when the fucking Japanese version isn't even localized. Jesus so much fail to try to make a point it's just better to remain silent than assume facts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No one should be able to tell others how to live outside of hurting others. And someone identifying as another sex doesnt hurt anyone so naturally I'm fine with it.

I just dont understand the obession for putting in current day issues into fantasy like warcraft or race changing cultural works like lord of the rings. Like why? Let people kill some orcs and not have to think about shit for awhile.
    This is exactly what I was wondering myself, I don't understand the obsession either. This is a fantasy game, why do certain things need to be changed to reflect reality?

Quote Originally Posted by Kareshka View Post
    If I had a playable WoW faction for every gender....

But don't you have 2 factions already?

Oh, oh... OOOOOOOOOOOHHH.... I see waht you did there

Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    I don't see the reason to make the difference? I am wondering how the game will handle this situation in China, if they will at all.

Are you saying in China this game is not a Blizzard game but a "NetEase game"? how so?

My main question is how Blizzard will present this change in China, no arguments for or against it.
    So you'd be looking at NetEase then, not Blizzard

The game is already handled differently in China, trying to use it now as some "GOTCHA" moment isn't relevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endom View Post
    It doesn't bother you ... but you seem offended and upset by it... hmmm...
    Not at all, I think you probably misunderstood my post or assumed something from what you read. I'm not upset at all. As I said I just would like to understand why fantasy, in certain aspects, has to change to reflect reality.

This is exactly what I was wondering myself, I don't understand the obsession either. This is a fantasy game, why do certain things need to be changed to reflect reality?
    I mean I get WHY they do it, I just wish they would stop and focus on the art first. They chase cultural events like the success of black panther and similar also fear the social media backlash of not being progressive enough because a lot of journalists successfully utilize the age of click bait among dozens of popular social media sites.

I wonder if this is going to affect npc's too.

Like clicking on a female human and hearing a male human greeting or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Science, facts and logic actually aren't on your side on this one. As I've been told, sex is science. Gender is a social construct. The entire idea of what is a man and woman isn't based on science but how we perceive it from a social pov.

On another note.... do the jokes/flirts use the body type or the voice choice?
    Who has told you what? Science, facts and logic all validate transgender people. Even when it comes to sex. Passing laws that target transgender people with the justification of 'following science' are ironically all anti-science. (Not surprising, same people are also anti-vaccines, anti-masks etcetera, so... anti-science!)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gungus View Post
    There's no one to edit in to debate successfully because the only people to debate are those types of individuals.

And if you don't know what I'm referring to use that big presumptuous having brain of yours to figure it out champ.
    Of course there are. Don't be silly, Matt Walsh just never bothered to find someone competent to debate. Anyone who would have been would not be invited either. How do you think conservative grifters operate? By showing how embarrassingly they would be owned in a debate? Why do you think Ben Shapiro can only debate children lmao.

If you're referring to trans people re. suicide, perhaps not restricting trans-affirming healthcare, stopping transphobia and stopping legislative attacks on trans people could help!
    Last edited by Illusions; 2022-07-16 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Forgot a word, oops

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    The way i see it, some people see the traditional gender / sex aspect as antiquated and / or false, as they perceive it as discriminatory that one puts people into binary categories.
    A video game doing this is (the way i understand it) a reminder of this discrimination and thus perceived as bad, in the same way you could make the argument that the absence of a female character excludes women, as the portrayal of binary gender is excluding to nonbinary people.

The second aspect is a more general one and that some people basically hold the view that every form of media contains a social commentary and thus must abide by those societal norms.
    That's why you have people criticizing a book where a character calls a Goblin greedy, because they perceive Goblins as a reference to jewish stereotypes and is thus (indirectly) promoting some form of anti semitism.
    Or a given race (such as trolls) being portrayed as not very educated, because Troll culture draws inspiration from Haitian (or Caribbean) culture, thus implying the stereotype that those cultures / people troll culture is based upon are not civilized.

Hence you also have some people pushing that fantasy genres should put away the concept of some races being inheritely evil, because it implies the stereotype that certain cultures / people are evil.
    Thank you for the well written explanation, I appreciate it.

mad mad world of warcraft.

THIS FAD is just that a fad and it will end as all fads do.
    Last edited by Nathiest; 2022-07-16 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pazzal View Post
    Here’s the question that no of you people can answer. How does it hurt you?
    How did it hurt anyone before the change?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    You where trying to disprove his comment that Japan didn't do it and instead localizers did. I think you don't understand what localization means since the Japanese version is native and everything else is localized.

I'm also going to assume you're just wrong to be completely honest even on the 2nd point since you made a bs claim to begin with, later come back with the "you don't know what localization means" when the fucking Japanese version isn't even localized. Jesus so much fail to try to make a point it's just better to remain silent than assume facts.
    When was my discussion ever about Japan? What? Can I have some of what you are clearly on? Please, find me one time I ever mentioned japan, or where the games were made (Japan).

I don't care about this body 1 and body 2 options. I care if they look good. I need body 2 for visage to have no scales at all. For a no scale option please. Could do that for body 1 too.

Also the Dracthyr slender form still looks wonky and body proportions are off. The new more "bulkier form" wasn't really bulky. People datamined a bulkier form that feels more cohesive. If a female customer wants to select the bulkier Dracthyr form and put it with body visage type 2 all power to her. Or males want the more slender form all power to them. I just want the proper options there. I feel the company should be able to do this. People can mix and match whatever they want. Also play what they want. This company is unable to discontent from politics, people should just accept this. (They also don't have to and not play because of it. Players choice) It makes a lot of players unhappy its not what we are accustomed to but I could care less. All I cared about in the past is the abusive narrative woven in with it. Which I disliked immensely. They are done with abusive messages, let's move on.

I know this was about a completely different subject. Still I could care less about labels and politics. I care about the new race looking appealing.
    Last edited by Icelin; 2022-07-16 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    When was my discussion ever about Japan? What? Can I have some of what you are clearly on?
    Nice try, the entire point of the post you quoted was them saying Japan, a very conservative culture in their own rights had already moved on to this model. You replied with but but but that's just localization text! Yet if you boot up the Japanese version of Elden Ring its still Body Type A and B. You can give a character a beard and boobs regardless of body type, you can give a character any voice regardless of body type. This has nothing to do with localization and you just had to try to reply with a gotcha moment but where absolutely wrong. Quite hilarious tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

Gender is a function of grammar and sex is physical. It's not discriminatory. Sex is a binary, there are only two options. Gender depends on the language. Most languages have two or three grammatical genders, but they don't necessarily have to relate to biologic sex.

Any other conversation about gender and sex is complete and utter nonsense.