Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Though I'm sure that some portion of Blizzard leadership is approving of this simply to counter the bad image they've portrayed over the last few years, it was heartening to see that the actual people working on this are passionate about it and doing it because they want to make the game more welcoming to more types of people. That actually gives me hope that the future of WoW will be more accommodating to not just different self-images but playstyles.

A nice change to the game that only adds options and takes nothing away from anyone else, other than a sense of superiority over the types of people that they'd like to keep out of their sight.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Im just saying that pronouns are a common every day thing,this is a fact,there is no gotcha here
    And it's also fact that any pronoun that's referring to a Male as a Female or a Female as a Male is a fantasy.

Let me know when they starting digging up bones and going "that's clearly a they".

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    I'm very curious, and if anyone could answer honestly, please go ahead.
    Does this really help you if you are trans?
    I imagine if I was trans, I'd simply make a male character, and live out that fantasy?
    Or for you guys out there, make a female character and live out that fantasy?
    How does this help people with gender dysphoria? Being trans means you want to transition to the opposite sex, you don't want to be stuck in between, that is just a stop gap measure while you transition, yes?
    The only one here I think makes sense is adding the "other/they/them" tags for people that feel uncomfortable with identifying as either gender?
    Am I wrong? tell me how I'm wrong if so.
    Hey! Great questions and I'd be happy to help if I can. I'm trans FtM so I got a little experience here lol. You're right that the other/they/them tags do make a lot of sense for this. Personally I've always just used the male avatar and he/him because it's easier and it's escapism and I'm sorta playing a character anyway. But there are some people who may transition fully, get all the surgery and hormones, but still not "pass" as the gender they've transitioned to. Additionally there may be some medical reasons they aren't able to fully transition. For example, you may have some underlying health conditions that mean that it would put you at a greater risk if you were to take hormones. Or they may not have enough money or insurance won't cover it or the doctors won't provide it. In that instance, they may want to use a body that more closely resembles the one they have, but get the affirmation of being referred to by the gender they really want. Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbag View Post
    And it's also fact that any pronoun that's referring to a Male as a Female or a Female as a Male is a fantasy.

Let me know when they starting digging up bones and going "that's clearly a they".
    Considering that gender is a social construct it would be kinda hard to tell by bones alone,just like bones dont come with a name tag

I love this thread only for the irrational nerd rage and the pitiful years of people who cry about change but will still buy and play the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emotionalism wins again. Not knowing what you identify as is a mental matter.
    Stop making it into everything and let the 99% who do know what gender they have be.

Considering that gender is a social construct it would be kinda hard to tell by bones alone,just like bones dont come with a name tag
    Gender is not a Social construct.

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    I love this thread only for the irrational nerd rage and the pitiful years of people who cry about change but will still buy and play the game.
    *While picking up their deluxe collectors edition from the Amazon Guy* "AND CAN YOU BELIEVE THOSE FUCKERS ARE SPREADING THEIR AGENDA BY TAKING MALE AND FEMALE OFF THE CHARACTER SELECTION"

Amazon Guy:ERROR ERROR OBSTRUCTION PREVENTING RETURN REQUESTING ASSISTANCE

When the woke phase ends, we'll look back at this and laugh

What is it then?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    or whats more likely your ilk will be buried and forgoten by history

Gender in the sense of identity absolutely is.

What, you think people are talking about biological sex here or something? Those haven't been the same thing in the discourse for like, decades.

This thread has the makings for a low budget Netflix special.

or whats more likely your ilk will be buried and forgoten by history
    Does that include all the nonwhite people who tend to be more conservative than liberal? Manifest that destiny, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    Wonder about that if you see the damage it is doing....

For example: people telling little boys that being a male is toxic i wonder what damage this will do to the community and in their lifes overall.
    These effects we will really start to see in 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Does that include all the nonwhite people who tend to be more conservative than liberal? Manifest that destiny, bro.
    The trend tends to lean progressive,yes there are hickups here and there like in usa right now,but overall its doing better than before,interacial marrige is a thing,they arent burning witches,killing gays etc etc

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Wonder about that if you see the damage it is doing....

For example: people telling little boys that being a male is toxic i wonder what damage this will do to the community and in their lifes overall.
    These effects we will really start to see in 10 years.
    thats a good one,cmon lets hear the one about CRT next

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Gender in the sense of identity absolutely is.

What, you think people are talking about biological sex here or something? Those haven't been the same thing in the discourse for like, decades.
    It's not.

Overwhelmingly, when referring to a human female, or a female of any other species, we use she/her. This is consistent across the world.

People that want to disconnect boy/man/he/him from male and girl/woman/she/her from female are post-modernists that are completely disconnected from reality.

This is why I love gender-based Romance languages. This bullshit doesn't work in other languages
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2022-07-16 at 06:06 AM.

Those who think this is crazy but not that much of a big deal. Understand that at one point in recent history we thought the same about gay marriage. Where we are at right now is the result of the slippery slope we created when we legalized gay marriage. Gay Marriage ~ Trans Rights ~ Special Pronouns ~ No longer able to define what a woman is ~ pushback ~ unknown ~ reset to the 1950s

I dont wanna go back to the 1950's!

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    It's not.

Overwhelmingly, when referring to a human female, or a female of any other species, we use she/her. This is consistent across the world.

People that want to disconnect boy/man/he/him from male and girl/woman/she/her from female are post-modernists that are completely disconnected from reality.
    Doesnt matter how hard you disagree with the concept,it doesnt change the fact its a social construct,by definition

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    Those who think this is crazy but not that much of a big deal. Understand that at one point in recent history we thought the same about gay marriage. Where we are at right now is the result of the slippery slope we created when we legalized gay marriage. Gay Marriage ~ Trans Rights ~ Special Pronouns ~ No longer able to define what a woman is ~ pushback ~ unknown ~ reset to the 1950s

I dont wanna go back to the 1950's!
    It was funny though, seeing Ketanji unable to answer that.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Doesnt matter how hard you disagree with the concept,it doesnt change the fact its a social construct,by definition
    No one other than those that subscribes to post-modern thinking defines it that way

The rest of the world is not California