Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Crits should have 150% modifier instead of 200%

It would smoothen everything and remove good portion of bad RNG from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    What makes you think anything needs smoothed out? You could also spec more into crit if you'd like to smooth it out

You do know that, of all the RNG problems this game has, critical strikes are not one of them? "Bad RNG" doesn't come from "not hitting as many critical strikes", but ability/item procs.

But let's go down your slippery-slope: let's remove "bad RNG". Let's remove "chance to dodge", "chance to parry", "chance to block"... basically, let's remove everything that gives a "chance to ..." from combat. Also let's remove spell/weapon damage variation.

10+ Year Old Account
    "bad RNG"
    ?
    im cool pls respodn

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone just got kill by a frost mage or something.

Why not remove every form of RNG? Just make it that everyone does exactly 500 DPS no matter what you do. Everything is just animations. In the end you do 500 DPS.
    So smooth.

I like RNG in my games. It feels good when there is the one fight where you have higher DPS for some reason but it does not show much on the meters if you don't crit as much.

This isn't wow classic pvp anymore where you get 1 shot by the wrong crit you know.

Crits used to do 1.5x damage at the start of WoW (and I believe it stayed like this for one or two expansions). Some classes could talent to increase their crit damage to 2x. Then they made it 2x for all classes and I don't remember what their reasoning was..

I generally agree, usually 200% dmg is quite big of a spike. Lower crit damage would probably make it easier to balance overall.
    Changing this means you have to go over the crit rating and the crit chances as well and lots of damage numbers.

Don't think it would be worth it.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    Crits used to do 1.5x damage at the start of WoW (and I believe it stayed like this for one or two expansions). Some classes could talent to increase their crit damage to 2x. Then they made it 2x for all classes and I don't remember what their reasoning was..
    i believe that was only spell crits, melee crits were always 200% (not counting any talents)

I think it's fine to a degree, but sometimes it goes too far. The most obvious thing that comes to mind is a big ringing clarity proc which crits, vs a divine toll which doesn't crit and doesn't proc at all, it's often the difference between a kill and doing barely noticeable damage.

They hated him because he was right

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    i believe that was only spell crits, melee crits were always 200% (not counting any talents)
    Ah right, that might be correct. It's been a while..

Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    This was only for spell critical hits. Melee crits always dealt 200% damage, and some classes had talents to increase this even further like warrior.

Some spell casting classes also had talents that would increase their critical damage to 2x. I think elemental shaman in Wrath went even higher than 2x damage. They had the usual talent that increased the damage critical multiplier by 100% (which, while worded strangely, meant that the 50% bonus damage was increased by 100% meaning it was doubled MEANING crits deal 2x damage. Some of the wording on these talents were confusing) but they also had another talent that increased the crit strike damage of Lava Burst by another 24%.

Quote Originally Posted by Sciborg View Post
    I think it's fine to a degree, but sometimes it goes too far. The most obvious thing that comes to mind is a big ringing clarity proc which crits, vs a divine toll which doesn't crit and doesn't proc at all, it's often the difference between a kill and doing barely noticeable damage.
    hence the thread, I think crit should function as bonus damage not a difference between bust or barely anything of importance

I think that removing rng from pvp is a good thing for a competitive game. But that would require to take down whole combat system and rebuild it. And most of the players would not appreciate it.

No I like big numbers and hope both Elemental shaman and Fire mage get modifiers on it for even bigger numbers.

This game doesn't need to cater to parse apes.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    This isn't wow classic pvp anymore where you get 1 shot by the wrong crit you know.
    Funny, because in Classic Spell crits are 150% baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Funny, because in Classic Spell crits are 150% baseline.
    even more funny is that even at 150%, some of those crits were "wrong crits" that could one shot. that's how broken classic was

5+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. I can’t seem to get my arcane blasts tick enough. I say give it 300%! Only then we all will be even and balance in the cosmos will be restored.