Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    If they actually hope this will go well, killing their heroes would be a dumb move. Even more so, a self fulfilling prophecy that this will tank.
    It’s in reference to the Easter egg group not the main characters.

Of all the things getting reboots I wouldn’t mind catching up with said Easter egg group.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Directors Didn't "Lay Seeds" For a Sequel, But Have Many Ideas

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves is gaining great reviews, which could mean a sequel is more likely now that during its production.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves has been doing the unthinkable and gaining a huge amount of praise from its early screenings. The film will go on general release at the end of the month, and if it can manage to keep that positive word of mouth going, it could be the start of a movie franchise that the table top RPG has wanted for a long time. While there is already an unrelated TV series in the works, Honor Among Thieves’ directors have been discussing direct sequels for their movie, even though they apparently didn’t build any teases into the feature....

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves Directors Didn't "Lay Seeds" For a Sequel, But Have Many Ideas

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves is gaining great reviews, which could mean a sequel is more likely now that during its production.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves has been doing the unthinkable and gaining a huge amount of praise from its early screenings. The film will go on general release at the end of the month, and if it can manage to keep that positive word of mouth going, it could be the start of a movie franchise that the table top RPG has wanted for a long time. While there is already an unrelated TV series in the works, Honor Among Thieves’ directors have been discussing direct sequels for their movie, even though they apparently didn’t build any teases into the feature....
    Damn I know all the previous attempts were flops, I watched all three (though honestly I felt the first one was the worst one) but I'd think they would at least think they had a chance at a sequel with this cast.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Damn I know all the previous attempts were flops, I watched all three (though honestly I felt the first one was the worst one) but I'd think they would at least think they had a chance at a sequel with this cast.
    ITs actually safer this way, make a good movie, period. If it holds, then you can try to do a sequel then a franchise.

It have a lot of potential, to go with this fun and silly movie, but it can also go grim and dark, to appeal all fanbases. Imo, people is hungry for good fantasy, we are just getting crap nonstop.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    ITs actually safer this way, make a good movie, period. If it holds, then you can try to do a sequel then a franchise.

It have a lot of potential, to go with this fun and silly movie, but it can also go grim and dark, to appeal all fanbases. Imo, people is hungry for good fantasy, we are just getting crap nonstop.
    Having a post-credit scene to fuel speculation about a sequel should have been something they could afford in their budget imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Having a post-credit scene to fuel speculation about a sequel should have been something they could afford in their budget imo.
    Maybe, but i think the post credit scene to hint a sequel is a marvel thing, we usually didn't had that.

Maybe they just though it would not hold up, i still think it will not.

Maybe, but i think the post credit scene to hint a sequel is a marvel thing, we usually didn't had that.

Maybe they just though it would not hold up, i still think it will not.
    Pretty sure it existed well before Marvel. If it was just a Marvel thing, I wouldn't know about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Pretty sure it existed well before Marvel. If it was just a Marvel thing, I wouldn't know about it.
    Post credit scenes existed before Marvel, but they were rarer. As for them hinting at sequels or other movies, that's a point of view thing.

For example, there is 1987 Masters of the Universe where Skeletor states "I'll be back" hinting to a potential sequel that didn't happen. So, the question is does the hint count if the movie doesn't come out? So, both post credit scenes and hints to potential sequels 100% can be viewed as predating Marvel.

Marvel is just more well known for doing it.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I'm seeing like a 22-24 million projection for this one come online more consistently now. Probably with a 50-55% drop in week 2, finishing at 40-44 domestic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure they existed, but it was not a very common thing, i remember marvel making popular to hint sequels

Cute reference/Easter Egg to the D&D cartoon from the 80's

Edit: already posted it seems. Glad someone out there still remembers that show.

For reference
    Last edited by Redwyrm; 2023-03-21 at 06:34 PM.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Seeing this movie on Tuesday at a press screening and they sent over a very detailed press package. It's like the whole board game of dungeons & dragons. Very nice press kit.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Seeing this movie on Tuesday at a press screening and they sent over a very detailed press package. It's like the whole board game of dungeons & dragons. Very nice press kit.
    Pics of the package allowed?
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Pics of the package allowed?
    I gave it to my kids already. Destroyed.

I just needed to scan the QR.

I was told they are having early screenerings around the country. These are open to anyone. Check events at your local.

3+ Year Old Account
    This movie's not even out and I swear I saw merch for it at a Gamestop near me lol
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    This movie's not even out and I swear I saw merch for it at a Gamestop near me lol
    That's not uncommon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I gave it to my kids already. Destroyed.

I just needed to scan the QR.

I was told they are having early screenerings around the country. These are open to anyone. Check events at your local.
    Sorry, in Europe.
    /spit@Blizzard

I thought it was a good movie. Was actually pleasantly surprised. I didn't have high hopes for it, considering the other movies, but it was actually pretty fun. Chris Pine is hilarious, not sure how successful it'll be but I think it's gonna be well received. I'd give it a 8/10

This was a lot of fun but needed tighter editing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Got to watch it, and i have to say, they edit the trailers to make the movie WORSE, why they did that? i dunno, because the scenes play out different and in a good way in the movie, guess they were rly trying to go for the clowns and get people by the humor.

On the movie, it was a nice surprise, went thinking was going to be shit but i had a nice surprise, it was a good movie to pass the time, though i had some problems with how they portray magic(but some of the spells were well done), i dislike some jokes in the wrong moments, like its trying to hard, but that was a given and since the movie was quite long it didn't ruined the experience. Loved the barbarian the most, i knew she was going to do well by the trailers, the fight scenes were good

third act was the worst, and thats sad, cause the start and the middle was much better written, movie was surprisingly well written in those parts, so it looks like they did care to do something decent.

Right now a 6/10, but it can increase by a second watch, and i def gonna do just to pick some Easter eggs since i do play the game a lot.

And, y'all can suck up, i was vindicated he is NOT a damn bard, he is a rogue with a lute, he could not even illusion himself, it was the sorcerer, crap
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2023-03-31 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And, y'all can suck up, i was vindicated he is NOT a damn bard, he is a rogue with a lute, he could not even illusion himself, it was the sorcerer, crap
    https://www.dndbeyond.com/sources/tg...arvisStatBlock

There's his official stat block.

He's a Bard.