Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sandworn Relics BoA

Sandworn Relics will be moving to Bind-on-Account status, but otherwise receive no updates
    Thank you, once again, for implementing a change like this way to late for anyone to be interested.

I have advocated for this change since PTR.

Alt friendly expansion? Give me a break.

Blizzard didnt learn sh*t.

Gear from the Relics was DoA already. Doing stuff like +5 would net you way better rewards, plus farming those wasn't exactly fast or anything.

I learned to basically ignore all this stuff even on alts. It's just a waste of time i can use on more rewarding activities.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    "No updates", it is a huge requested update, haha..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Gear from the Relics was DoA already. Doing stuff like +5 would net you way better rewards, plus farming those wasn't exactly fast or anything.

I learned to basically ignore all this stuff even on alts. It's just a waste of time i can use on more rewarding activities.
    I liked it for alts. I have limited free time and so would only do 1 m+ dungeon on certain alts but made sure to di the world boss each week. Helped fill in some gaps i had to craft tier after a month.

With the tier upgrades they have some use yes, and making them BoA lets you consolidate on one character, when you have a bunch of alts with insufficient relics to buy anything. Not a big deal as the items you buy with them are BoE anyway, but a minor QoL improvement.

It'll be nice to get some easy Sepulcher tier mogs for random alts I guess?

Nice for getting fast tier set. Useless otherwise and also waaaay too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a nice change but as per usual way too late. Also they could've atleast also bumped up the ilvl provided by the gear or something to be more in-line with season 4.

(and before anyone quotes me HOW DARE I SUGGEST FREE GEAR.. I'm not suggesting mythic level gear but something around fated LFR or so)
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

LFR mogs without doing LFR though! It's the dream! And really, 4set on an alt the moment they log in is worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Nice for getting fast tier set. Useless otherwise and also waaaay too late.
    Depends on how you value Cosmic Flux. I only used it on alts after getting 3pc for that last slot since I would replace very quickly otherwise. This will be even moreso in Season 4, where grinding +2/+3s will net you 262s or 265s.

I think the value for these now is to shore up spots to put your toon into Fated LFR level, if 245 becomes the min. ilvl.

I didnt use a single relic for my two mains, but BoA since release would be great for alts that just hit max level. But instead of that i geared ally 3 alts with pvp lootboxes. Higher itemlevel, Upgradeable and farming points was more fun.

The cypher gear was higher ilvl as well. The only advantage Relic gear has it that you could convert it to tier with Creation Catalyst (if you didn't do M+ and only did LFR).

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    LFR mogs without doing LFR though! It's the dream! And really, 4set on an alt the moment they log in is worthwhile.
    It wasn't just LFR appearances. It unlocked various pieces so if you were to convert all 8 pieces you'd end up something like 2 LFR, 2 normal, 3 Heroic and 1 Mythic (or any variation based on class).

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn I destroyed more than 500 relics just because couldnt send to an alt
    kinda shitty move from blizzard not tellin us in advance
    kek

well, its good news for the others who held alotta relics but anyway
    Last edited by salate; 2022-07-29 at 06:31 AM.
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Well, makes it easier for me to get the lfr sets for transmog now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    It wasn't just LFR appearances. It unlocked various pieces so if you were to convert all 8 pieces you'd end up something like 2 LFR, 2 normal, 3 Heroic and 1 Mythic (or any variation based on class).
    Weird on my paladin I got full lfr mog from it.

I think orginally gear wasn't going to scale nearly as high from world quests as it did. The patch was pretty rushed portions of it didn't even work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The cypher gear was higher ilvl as well. The only advantage Relic gear has it that you could convert it to tier with Creation Catalyst (if you didn't do M+ and only did LFR).
    Yeah, in the end if i play an alt i want to do something more than open world stuff because it caps so fast. I won't ever understand whay Blizzard instead of making all these kind of currencies and systems that cap at various ilvls, doesn't make so that over time and over the course of the patch gear gets upgraded over and over until we reach the softcap of 15s ilvl.

I mean, we have already valor upgrades that cap at 12. Make so palyers do various tasks in the world and the next week the gear rewards get an upgrade. it would take 12 weeks (= 3 months) to get there which at that point the next patch should basically be on the way. Delay it after one month and you have 4 months cycles. Or even 2 for 5 months or whatever.

Point is, instead of building up countless catch-up mechanics so alts can get in the new zones and be effective, make so it's baked in the patch cycle and it's just a natural progression.

7+ Year Old Account
    so they are still wasting space in my bags ?

Yeah, in the end if i play an alt i want to do something more than open world stuff because it caps so fast. I won't ever understand whay Blizzard instead of making all these kind of currencies and systems that cap at various ilvls, doesn't make so that over time and over the course of the patch gear gets upgraded over and over until we reach the softcap of 15s ilvl.

I mean, we have already valor upgrades that cap at 12. Make so palyers do various tasks in the world and the next week the gear rewards get an upgrade. it would take 12 weeks (= 3 months) to get there which at that point the next patch should basically be on the way. Delay it after one month and you have 4 months cycles. Or even 2 for 5 months or whatever.

Point is, instead of building up countless catch-up mechanics so alts can get in the new zones and be effective, make so it's baked in the patch cycle and it's just a natural progression.
    We had that system. MoP valor awarded gear just one tier below BiS. You'd get one piece approximately every week and a half and you could get there by doing whatever you wanted. If you already did content that awarded gear at that level you both would cap naturally just doing the content you liked and you could use it to counter RNG. If you did not, you might spend a bit more time doing either activities. Heck it worked great with alts too.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We had that system. MoP valor awarded gear just one tier below BiS. You'd get one piece approximately every week and a half and you could get there by doing whatever you wanted. If you already did content that awarded gear at that level you both would cap naturally just doing the content you liked and you could use it to counter RNG. If you did not, you might spend a bit more time doing either activities. Heck it worked great with alts too.
    yeah, i remember that but i actually like more the modern zones with events and WQs. We don't even need valor - just put a weekly quest that gives you rewards by doing standard activites and when done it flags you as eligible for the next upgrade level.

If you miss a week or start late, just make the quest either repeatable or "stacking" up to the current cap, much like the Creation Forge charges.