Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    we don't have any idea if it will even have online.
    I can say with 300% certainty it will have online and I don't need an official announcement to tell you that. What even is this statement lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this leak affect my decision to want to buy GTA 6?

Yes. Yes it does.

Now instead of "well I'll wait and see what they pull out" its "Oh nice, Vice City again? Sweet let's do this."
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I assume you are buying for the Xbox Series S/X? GTA Online is the online module for GTA V. I hadn't realized they started selling it separately but as far as I can tell you can buy the main game separately, GTA Online separately, or a bundle of both.

The GTA series isn't known for having online multiplayer, that's a new thing. Considering GTA VI hasn't had an official reveal we don't have any idea if it will even have online. If it does, I would not expect it to have any connection to GTA V.
    The main game isn't sold separately. It might be shown on both Xbox and PS stores but you can't actually purchase it.

If you buy any version of the game that has the main story it comes with online. You can only purchase Online separately.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I might be talking out of my ass, but I've understood GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are non-canon with the newer titles. GTA5 had Grove Street as a location, but it was different and there was nothing going on there, so I took it as mere homage. We might see something similar for Tommy's venues in GTA6, but no more than that.

Nico and the rest are a possibility, though, since Johnny was in GTA5. Another possible character is the one from Chinatown Wars, as the game's Liberty City was the same as GTA4's, suggesting canon.
    Cj moved to LC.
    Gta SA was cannon, groovestreet are technically still in control but they splintered into a bunch of factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The main game isn't sold separately. It might be shown on both Xbox and PS stores but you can't actually purchase it.

If you buy any version of the game that has the main story it comes with online. You can only purchase Online separately.
    The store is kind of confusing, because this exists. So I was just trying to cover my bases. I see now that the listing says it requires GTA Online so...what is the point?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Does this leak affect my decision to want to buy GTA 6?

Yes. Yes it does.

Now instead of "well I'll wait and see what they pull out" its "Oh nice, Vice City again? Sweet let's do this."
    That's kind of how I feel, I think? I like playing it safe but I liked what I saw.

The store is kind of confusing, because this exists. So I was just trying to cover my bases. I see now that the listing says it requires GTA Online so...what is the point?
    Ok, that's weird then. Both the Xbox and PS stores are pretty confusing. Wish it was more like steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    I think we've already seen this episode. It always end on a big fat nothing.

1+ Year Old Account
    The bar is high after the success of RDR2 (and of course GTA V). Looking forward to the trailer.

I haven't played all games made by Rockstar but the ones I did I enjoyed a lot.

I'm looking forward to the next GTA game and I hope it turns out good. Adding new cities and locations over time is a good idea as it will keep the game fresh and give players a reason to keep coming back.

I just hope I won't have to wait 1 extra year for the PC release.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I just hope I won't have to wait 1 extra year for the PC release.
    Don't even cope about that. Just accept the reality now. They didn't even put the RDR1 remaster on PC yet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    I think we've already seen this episode. It always end on a big fat nothing.
    What are you talking about? The trailer is coming a month from now.

That said, I can't wait. This is probably my most anticipated game right now.

My biggest hope is that it's as immersive as RDR2 was. I hope they put in as many details as they can. Many things to interact with. I hope they double down on the immersion, make it more sim like. Making most of that stuff optional will also please those that want it to be more arcade-y.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you talking about? The trailer is coming a month from now.

That said, I can't wait. This is probably my most anticipated game right now.

My biggest hope is that it's as immersive as RDR2 was. I hope they put in as many details as they can. Many things to interact with. I hope they double down on the immersion, make it more sim like. Making most of that stuff optional will also please those that want it to be more arcade-y.
    Rockstar has been promising info on GTA 6 for like almost 10 years now.

Have they? GTA6 started full development after RDR2 was finished. 2 years ago they said "soon" but that was a PR statement due to the leaks. There's absolutely no way that they would say "trailer next month" and not deliver. That's PR disaster.

We're getting a trailer early next month. Whether that's during TGA on December 7th or around that is yet to be seen.

Have they? GTA6 started full development after RDR2 was finished. 2 years ago they said "soon" but that was a PR statement due to the leaks. There's absolutely no way that they would say "trailer next month" and not deliver. That's PR disaster.

We're getting a trailer early next month. Whether that's during TGA on December 7th or around that is yet to be seen.
    Yeah, as far as I know, the only official and confirmed info is that it's Vice City, two playable characters, a woman and a man, and they may be in a relationship?

I don't know if the early info about it being a "smaller game that they would expand upon" was even official or just rumors, or how accurate that will be by now. Hopefully not at all.

And the leaks showed that... it's a GTA game, who would have thunk.

I'm sure the game will be a vehicle for yet another online service full of microtransactions, but I hope the campaign is at least as good as the one in 5, which wasn't amazing, but at least it was worth the price. Likeable characters (while assholes), a big and varied city, and a good soundtrack. Not too much to ask, is it.

Rockstar hasn't promised anything. A lot of video game news websites were predicting that they would release GTA 6 because it would be stupid to not release another GTA but Rockstar didn't say anything about anything GTA related that wasn't GTA Online.

The only thing announced so far was that there would be a female playable character and that it might be based in Vice City.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Yeah, as far as I know, the only official and confirmed info is that it's Vice City, two playable characters, a woman and a man, and they may be in a relationship?

I don't know if the early info about it being a "smaller game that they would expand upon" was even official or just rumors, or how accurate that will be by now. Hopefully not at all.

I'm sure the game will be a vehicle for yet another online service full of microtransactions, but I hope the campaign is at least as good as the one in 5, which wasn't amazing, but at least it was worth the price. Likeable characters (while assholes), a big and varied city, and a good soundtrack. Not too much to ask, is it.
    Honestly, if it can even come close to matching the Vice City soundtrack, I'll be extremely happy. One of the best soundtracks of any game.

While I enjoyed the story of GTAV, I didn't really think it was a masterpiece or anything. RDR2 on the other hand, that was amazing to me. So if the writing quality is next to that, I'll be happy.

Story was never the most important thing to me in either of those two games though, it was always more about the gameplay. That's what I'm really excited to see.

As for the online portion, that's a given. But that doesn't mean the base single player game won't be good. People say that GTAV's single player suffered because of GTAO, but I don't see how that happened? Why, because it didn't have DLC? GTAIV and RDR1 were the only games that Rockstar ever made DLC for.

I don't mind at all if GTAVI doesn't get DLC. Especially if it would've been something silly like Undead Nightmare on RDR1. But I'll also enjoy the hell out of GTAO2 like I've done with the current GTAO. Never bought a single shark card, because unless you only play for one hour a week you don't need them.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I enjoyed the story of GTAV, I didn't really think it was a masterpiece or anything. RDR2 on the other hand, that was amazing to me. So if the writing quality is next to that, I'll be happy.

Story was never the most important thing to me in either of those two games though, it was always more about the gameplay. That's what I'm really excited to see.

As for the online portion, that's a given. But that doesn't mean the base single player game won't be good. People say that GTAV's single player suffered because of GTAO, but I don't see how that happened? Why, because it didn't have DLC? GTAIV and RDR1 were the only games that Rockstar ever made DLC for.

I don't mind at all if GTAVI doesn't get DLC. Especially if it would've been something silly like Undead Nightmare on RDR1. But I'll also enjoy the hell out of GTAO2 like I've done with the current GTAO. Never bought a single shark card, because unless you only play for one hour a week you don't need them.
    I still think the biggest thing GTA5 had was the technical achievement of it runnin on 360 and PS3. Other than that it was just better GTA4. And I do agree RDR2 (and RAR1 too) is in it's own league completely when it comes to Rockstar games. Also it's not very assuring regarding GTA6 that they've been so all-in on GTA Online instead giving any single player DLC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Called the two protagonists with a female one shortly after GTA5 came out with its 3 characters.

Let's see if I'm also right in that one of them will be a (probably undercover to excuse player agency) cop.
    Your medalist in the mail.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    New GTA VI trailer: