Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It sucks it won't come to PC at launch but like...we all knew this was happening, right? Same shit happened with GTAV and RDR2.

They make a killing selling console units, likely striking some deals with Sony/Microsoft for some co-promo or other benefits for holding the PC port. Sell tens and tens and tens of millions of copies. Release a bunch of DLC, sell a bunch of online shit.

Years later release the PC version, double dip with millions and millions buying it again - at full price once again, and not even in a bundled "all DLC included" version - and possibly remaking a lot of their DLC/online purchases because this is god damned GTA.

Rockstar has transitioned into a moneyprinting machine with GTA. They're going to make an incredible game, but this is all in service of endless printing of money. If there's a decision where they leave money on the floor in the longrun, they probably won't do it. Missing out on initial PC sales? Doesn't hurt that much when you know you've got those locked up 2 years down the road and can get at least 1/3-1/2 those folks to buy the game on console, first.
    They just make up for "lost" revenue with a GTA online battlepass.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

5+ Year Old Account
    Not for pc? I guess they don't like money...

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    I mean this is par for the course for Rockstar and let's not pretend this is going to flop by any metric

Shit Spiderman 2 and everything Nintendo proved the console market is alive and very well it's gonna sell despite not being on PC...
    3 Major Rules of World of Warcraft Players:
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS
    3. Efficiency will be king no matter how you think it will improve the game.

They do. That's why it's not coming out on PC initially. This way they can get millions of folks to buy the game on console and then buy it again on PC a year or two later. It sucks, but this is the Rockstar way.

Quite the opposite. They get more money if the don't release the PC version at the same time. Many people who bought it on console will buy it again when the PC version comes out.

rockstar have been taking the piss by making PC owners wait for ages after the console release ever since GTA3, never mind that it's the PC customers they owe their initial success to

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    rockstar have been taking the piss by making PC owners wait for ages after the console release ever since GTA3, never mind that it's the PC customers they owe their initial success to
    Are we pretending the PC market was giant when GTA3 came out now?

I mean it was 2001...average Windows XP Packard Bell was barely handling PS1 games not even counting PS2 ones...

now if you said GTA4 we'd have a case.
    1. No one on earth wants to play World of Warcraft less than other World of Warcraft players.
    2. The desire to win>The desire for anything else in World of Warcraft. NO EXCEPTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Are we pretending the PC market was giant when GTA3 came out now?

I mean it was 2001...average Windows XP Packard Bell was barely handling PS1 games not even counting PS2 ones...

now if you said GTA4 we'd have a case.
    Doesn't the GTA4 port kinda suck tho?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I believe it did but unlike 3 we were at an age where PCs were actually on par with consoles both market wise and performance wise so his statement would of been true

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    The PS3 version of GTA4 also sucked. Early RAGE engine did terrible multi threading wise and was badly optimized for gaming PCs and the PS3 that relied on multithreading. The 360 version was the best version until PCs became able to brute force it a few years post PC release.

They fixed this sometime before Max Payne 3 cause MP3 was excellent on PC and PS3, as was GTA5 after it.

In regards to no pc, isn't the install base for current gen consoles still fairly small? Though I'm sure console sales will be soaring in 2025.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    RDR2 was "fine" as a port - though it still had some wonkiness, especially with the mouse/keyboard as a controller.

I did recently attempt GTA: San Andreas on my PC last year and its IS unplayable-broken with using a mouse being the issue. With no fix. I searched for days, everywhere, trying to find a work around to fix it to no avail. Nothing worked. Could not get the game to respond correctly when trying to use a mouse or keyboard to move the character around and click on things. Flat out broken. At least I got it as a free gift when I bought another game, so I didn't actually pay for it.
    Last edited by Koriani; 2023-12-07 at 07:58 PM.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    I don't want anyone else to do RDR. But they can put GTA6 in maintenance mode and milk it 10 years like they did with GTA5 and then do RDR3 meanwhile. I get what you are saying, TakeTwo is one of the worst companies when it comes to greed, but I really hope they don't kill the better franchise just because GTA Online is hot (garbage).

They could have a deal with Remedy that all profits from Max Payne remakes goes to Rockstar and in return Remedy gets Max Payne IP back. Remedy is also the only one I want to have Max Payne IP.
    I would rather they do LA Noire 2 even though they never will

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    No PC version of course.... grrr. Im really starting to hate Rstar. Their attitude is insane. GTA 5 sold VERY well on our platform. Just imagine if they delay it for 2 or 3 years. Thats on top of 2025. 2028... for 1 game? Imagine you waited from GTA 5 to 6. Thats a ton of years to wait for just 1 new game in the series.

P.s. Id laugh my buttt off if they actually delay it for more than 3 years. Id totally lose interest by that time. Not only it will be an old game by then.. it will be totally spoiled too. Youtube and the net are a thing.

- - - Updated - - -

I also dont get it. I dont have a console, i wont buy GTA 6 twice. Even if i did, i still wont buy it 2 times. If i get it on console, thats it. If i get it on PC.. yeah thats it. Do they fear piracy? GTA 5 sold VERY well on the PC, there are many stats about that. Even after they made it free, it kept selling well. Its a shame how they act in 2023. They totally ignore their roots too.
    It will sell the exact same if they wait a couple of years to put it on PC and they will get people to buy it on both versions. Also it's not really about the single player anymore it's much about GTA Online 2.