10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Marvel's Werewolf By Night

Streaming October 7th on Disney+

Intriguing interpretation!
    Finally, a Marvel project I'm curious about. Pity it's only streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Pity it's only streaming.
    Buy a good projector and blackout curtains. Best purchase I did in the last years.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Buy a good projector and blackout curtains. Best purchase I did in the last years.
    Money I don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Money I don't have.
    West Elm and Amazon have great Blackout curtains for $30. Just an FYI if you decide to pick some up down the road.

Don't really need a projector these days. We have one in the basement movie room. It's nice but not any nicer than some of the TVs. If your TV is nice already, you can just control the environment to get a nice result.

This is just a fun project as a reward to the director, who is a longtime Disney score composer. It's fairly low budget, was never gonna be anything but streaming.

I'm always up for a good campy horror...

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Oh yeah, this is great purchase! My first projector was cheap , but all in all, with blackout curtains it was good to see movies!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if Moon Knight will make an appearance... maybe Blade?

10+ Year Old Account
    Friday?! I might have to cut my MCU boycott short... this looks different and fun.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Dayum. This is seriously the best thing Marvel made for Disney+

Some really terrific cinematography here. A bit uneven in tone and narrative drive, a lot of the acting is broad in a way that is imitation rather than sincere effort in the attempt.

They tried to hide a lot of the weak acting and the editing took care of the low production budget. But it was fun and even exemplary in how to cover your performative shortcomings.

5+ Year Old Account
    female Hellsing vs Teen Wolf, it was not so bad ... but after "Werewolf" in title i expected to see some real werewolf but seems all CGI went on Swamp Thing, hairy guy that jumps pretty high killed all hunters that were boasting about how good they are at killing monsters, lmao.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe a solid B? I liked everything about the TV special (cast, black and white, Ted) except for the disappointing werewolf design. Lon Chaney Jr. and Oliver Reed had better makeup effects back in the 40s and 60s, man... c'mon.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    It's okay. The look of Jack as a Werewolf was kinda lame. He looked like a Sasquatch/monkey man as opposed to a werewolf.
    There's no excuse for him to look so stupid in this day and age.

Man-Thing on the other hand, looked great. Which is more sad that the CGI character looked better than the makeup guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    It's okay. The look of Jack as a Werewolf was kinda lame. He looked like a Sasquatch/monkey man as opposed to a werewolf.

Man-Thing on the other hand, looked great. Which is more sad that the CGI character looked better than the makeup guy.
    Absolutely loved it. I think it was a conscious move on the creators parts to purposefully make him look like a campy low budget time period horror monster. They could have made him CGI like Man Thing and chose not to, isn't like budget was an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Um...maybe that was the point? It was supposed to be campy. It was even colorized at the end (or at least graded to make it look like that), instead of simply being shown in regular color for extra emphasis.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can make a good-looking werewolf and still be campy.

5+ Year Old Account
    Funny that for Buffy fans its vampire look, but for Teen Wolf watchers same make-up means werewolf.
    But i am still in love with Underworld+Van Helsing werewolfs+vampire image, Kate Beckinsale is breathtaking in both films.

Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-10-08 at 02:48 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

A solid B for a B movie is actually an A, isn't it . I enjoyed it, fun campy horror hour.